Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Hey BlackDraggon...Good Luck.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hey BlackDraggon...Good Luck.

See you there, have fun, I can't wait to get out of the 2 feet of snow.
Have you picked a job yet?
Old 03-10-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

when are u leavin again?
Old 03-10-2008, 03:43 AM
Launching!

he is going on the 11th, I am on the 18th.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:32 AM
TECH Resident

wow man! its coming up quick! are you ready?
Old 03-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Launching!

yea, just got the call from the meps master sgt. today checking in on me. I just want to go and get this started. I want to get through the 6 1/2 weeks and get to school. I hope I pass PT that is the only thing I am worried about. I have been working out and running as much as I can and it seems like I am not getting in shape as fast as I should, but this is the first time I have got in shape in my whole life, I have always been over weight and weak so I need this to kick start my life and be someone who feels good about myself, not like I am a loser that is just a motorhead and likes computers.
I am hoping this is the new start of me.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

sounds good man! when you get there, the first week you will take an initial pt test. you dont have to pass, but it looks good if you do. its just a baseline. then you will do a mach eval pretty much every week to see improvement and then the final pt eval during 5th week. there were people in my flight that actually failed the final pt test but still managed to graduate with us. im sure you will be fine man. you have any idea on what your 1.5mile run time is? pushups, situps?

oh yea get ready to be drinking a whole lot of water and gatorade
Old 03-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Launching!

I can do 50 situps in about 2 min and 30 pushups and I am whooped. I dont know my 1.5 mile time. I am going to time myself tommorow, the weather is finally going to be nice enough. I, right now, run for 10 mins then walk 3 mins then run 7 mins, then walk 3 mins, when I mean run it is a fast jog, I cant full out run for more than 3 mins, that is why I am worried, but I know when I have someone breathing down my neck, it will motivate me.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

thanks man, i only got about 5 hours till i leave, but i cant sleep lol half my body is numb and it feels like i gotta puke lol, iam probaly gonna go for a run here soon to see if that helps, man the PT test is easy anybody can do it, and aslong as ur semi fit you should be good to go. iam pretty fit now casue i worked my *** off, iam only worried about my weight ive always been close to my max but ill just be sure to take a **** and **** before i head back to meps lol
Old 03-10-2008, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by insanez
I can do 50 situps in about 2 min and 30 pushups and I am whooped. I dont know my 1.5 mile time. I am going to time myself tommorow, the weather is finally going to be nice enough. I, right now, run for 10 mins then walk 3 mins then run 7 mins, then walk 3 mins, when I mean run it is a fast jog, I cant full out run for more than 3 mins, that is why I am worried, but I know when I have someone breathing down my neck, it will motivate me.

naw i havent got my job yet its still open mechanical for right now lol dont worry man there will always be somebody that isnt as fit as you, but if i were you when u start the run go real slow and let the pack kind of fan out then find u a good pace, and good luck to you to man

PS i foudn that listining to music while i ran made me run slower
Old 03-10-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Resident

good luck blackdragon!!! have fun while you are there!!!! memorize your memory work as fast as possible as soon as you get there. just relax and try to get a few hours of sleep. i think i got around 3 the night before i left. let us know how everything went when you graduate. good luck again and welcome to the worlds greatest air force!

insanez- i know ppl say its the air force and its easy, but they will get you in shape while you are there. they have some good endurance building runs. dont stress over it too much. like i said before you will be fine. you will prolly double your pushups and situps while you are there for 6 1/2 weeks. i hate running and i knocked about 6 minutes off my run time while i was there.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

yea ill be sure to let everybody know how it went, iam just hoping i get a good job, not looking to stay in it anyways, gonan cross train into combat controller in a couple of years (gonna have a shitload of fun there)
Old 03-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by black_dragon_93
thanks man, i only got about 5 hours till i leave, but i cant sleep lol half my body is numb and it feels like i gotta puke lol, iam probaly gonna go for a run here soon to see if that helps, man the PT test is easy anybody can do it, and aslong as ur semi fit you should be good to go. iam pretty fit now casue i worked my *** off, iam only worried about my weight ive always been close to my max but ill just be sure to take a **** and **** before i head back to meps lol
Dont puke, actually that might make you pass, lol. Good luck, I hope IO get to meet you some how.
Steve
Old 03-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2002t/a06
good luck blackdragon!!! have fun while you are there!!!! memorize your memory work as fast as possible as soon as you get there. just relax and try to get a few hours of sleep. i think i got around 3 the night before i left. let us know how everything went when you graduate. good luck again and welcome to the worlds greatest air force!

insanez- i know ppl say its the air force and its easy, but they will get you in shape while you are there. they have some good endurance building runs. dont stress over it too much. like i said before you will be fine. you will prolly double your pushups and situps while you are there for 6 1/2 weeks. i hate running and i knocked about 6 minutes off my run time while i was there.
6 mins, damn, that is pretty good. Thanks for the confidence booster guys.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

Dont puke, actually that might make you pass, lol. Good luck, I hope IO get to meet you some how.
Steve
yea that would be cool, iam sure we will run into each pother in the chow hall or sumtin lol but will probaly never know it, just have ur wife or somebody post ur adress on here and ill get my gf to get it and ill send u a letter and find out what flight u in and everything
Old 03-11-2008, 01:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats guys, I hope and pray that I find out this week or next week that I get the pleasure of going to Lackland for Basic and Tech school.

Wanting ANG SP then when I can apply for full time. Just have to find out if they will get me around two medical issues, I have been told they can but it depends on how hard the recruiter wants to work and who they know.

Its been a life long dream and I was going to go Pararescue untill I got engaged and knew I could not be away from her for that long all the time.

Father has been in for 28 years (im sure he wil get out with 40) this month and transfering to the same base I am wanting to join.

Hoping and praying........

Ill ship as soon as I can as long as I am back before May 24th (wedding date)
Old 03-11-2008, 02:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Congrats guys, I hope and pray that I find out this week or next week that I get the pleasure of going to Lackland for Basic and Tech school.

Wanting ANG SP then when I can apply for full time. Just have to find out if they will get me around two medical issues, I have been told they can but it depends on how hard the recruiter wants to work and who they know.

Its been a life long dream and I was going to go Pararescue untill I got engaged and knew I could not be away from her for that long all the time.

Father has been in for 28 years (im sure he wil get out with 40) this month and transfering to the same base I am wanting to join.

Hoping and praying........

Ill ship as soon as I can as long as I am back before May 24th (wedding date)
well welcome to the air force, and good luck wiht getting the job you want, its easy to get waivers nowdays, but like u said its all up to your recruiter, i know a bunch of PJ and CCT guys they all love the jobs but said it was a kick in the dick to make it through tech school lol
Old 03-11-2008, 03:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its even easier for waivers threw the ANG or the docs just sign stuff off. Still crossing my fingers.

They have this program now were a service member can refer a person to a recruiter and they get $1,000 when the person signs and another $1,000 for when they leave for basic............

Yeah he sent an e-mail yesterday asking about what he had to do and if he could still do it since we are related.......

PJ would still be cool but she is more important

Does the AF make you learn your general orders at Basic? I used to know a few of them hahaha

Don't worry about the PT, I went threw a mini boot once with a ARMY DI CSM runing around and we got into shape quick, I shoed up and could not even run a quarter mile and after a few days I was going 1.5 no problem.

We had to clean the heads and all that, learned really quick that if you get stuck with that job that you have everyone use one or two sinks and one or two urinals and toilets........ cuts way down on cleaning time. I sucked at keeping my bed aka rack squared away though hahaha. We did have an idiot mix draino and bleach though............

If I get in I will happily put the car cover back on the car that just came off

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 03-11-2008 at 03:33 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

haha the fun for blackdragon will start tonight
Old 03-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Launching!

2002t/a06 ran it in 15:11 this was outside finally at 1:00 am and in 29 degree weather with a dusting of snow on the roads. Hopefully when I get somewhere warmer I will do better.

Juiced, welcome. You may not beable to get married on may 24th if you leave b4 then because your leave is not until after tech school, I may be reading you wrong though.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

2002t/a06 ran it in 15:11 this was outside finally at 1:00 am and in 29 degree weather with a dusting of snow on the roads. Hopefully when I get somewhere warmer I will do better.

Juiced, welcome. You may not beable to get married on may 24th if you leave b4 then because your leave is not until after tech school, I may be reading you wrong though.
thats not a bad start man. when i got to basic i started off with a pathetic 17:30, when i did my final eval i ran an 11:20. you can do it man!!!!!

Quick Reply: Hey BlackDraggon...Good Luck.