Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First run...What do i spray?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First run...What do i spray?

I just finished with my NX 150 wet kit.....It says to run the 50 shot first and work my way up.... Would it hurt if i went with the 100 shot first? Also i have a fuel pump on order and have heard that i cant run the 150 shot without a new fuel pump, but in the NX express book it says its ok with a 150 shot on fuel injected applications, but then it says 150+ shots need a fuel pump! I think i might just play it safe and go with the 100 shot until my pump gets here....any sugestions?
Old 07-21-2003, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

Default Re: First run...What do i spray?

if you do 100, i would wideband dyno it first just to be safe. i started with a 75 nx shot, then moved to the 100.

Old 07-21-2003, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Like he said. I don't think the 100 shot would hurt anything though. I wouldn't try the 150 though. The 150 should be plenty on a stock car.... but with your mods it would be dangerous. I tried it and my car didn't run as good on the 150 shot as it did the 100(I didn't have a-tap at the time). I have seen a couple of stock cars run good with the 150 shot but my car didn't respond to it very well.

Josh S.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

So is it ok to try it without the fuel pump? Thats my main concern with it. I will try the 100 but i would like to try the 150. I also have a 3600 tc and 3.73's on the way with auto-tap
Old 07-21-2003, 08:17 PM
10 Second Club

the answer is no. you could lean out and detonate..
Old 07-21-2003, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

What I would recommed is to first off remove the NX system and throw any information away that NX suggest! Clear your mind from all the incorrect info NX has filed your head with and once you have erased everything in your memory including the following letters NX then call:

Jeff Prock at Applied Nitrous Technologies 813-885-4149 or see his web site. Have him send you one of his nitrous kits that have been flowed and corrected for the power levels you would like to spray and he will send you jet pattern,how much timming to pull out,fuel to use and so on.

50 hp? I'm sure! Think about it a second about what NX recommends to start with 50 shot and work from there with caution! They don't even have faith in the jet pattern.

I'm speaking out only to let ya know before you get to much invested in there kit and can only add the bad experience's I have had with there systems and recommendations NX gave plus you wouldn't believe the parts that I have had from NX that passed there quality control if any and went to the consumer to find the flaws only by melted pistons!

Each year I haven't even once went any less than 350 shot on the spray and that's because knowing your tuneup is everything and if correct there is no need to start from the bottom and workup. NX should be telling you what works and what doesn't regarding jet pattern regardless of what power your looking to make.

Just a peace of advice IMO.

Good Luck!
Old 07-21-2003, 11:26 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn Jim, he's only got a stock motor not a pro mod motor! Just kidding!

So, you want to run as much nitrous at the risk of not knowing if you have enough fuel? Personally, I think you're flirting with disaster. I'd work out the jetting on a dyno with one of the sponsors to the right over there. At least you'll be able to accurately find out what you can do without blowing up your motor. Or you're surely going to be calling someone over there to get a replacement like many others who just guessed at the jets and nuked some pistons, rods or even a block or two.

And if you want to spend the extra money to get a more professional approach to it, Jim's idea to call Jeff is a good one as well.

Of course you could rely on Internet jockey's to tune your car for you. Only a small problem of responsibility when it goes bad.

Good luck.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

Derty,

You know me I wouldn't recommend NX's **** to my worst enemy. I used there stuff far to long in the past that ended up costing me and fineally after I came to my senses after realizing what I should have been making for power instead of loosing power with faulty products from NX!

Besides it wouldn't matter weather or not if Prock flowed my new setup I could have set it up my self and been OK with the jet patterns I have used in the past. If a person knows where to start there tuneup and no what good N/F ratio to stay within considering you get a idea of what the kit will flow you will be OK. Problem is most have no clue and fly by the seat of there pants or go by recommendations from as you put it "internet tuners" LOL! And that's so true easy suggestions but no accountability!

The only thing I would say is good is there Flow checker and even that didn't come complete, I still had to go and make lines for it.

NX=JUNK!

Jim
Old 07-22-2003, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

I almost forgot to mention even there nitrous kits for the Hayabusa suck!
Old 07-22-2003, 06:21 AM
11 Second Club

Anyone else have anything to say about the NX kits? If they were that bad would they still be in business? Does anyone know of a place i can get mine dyno matched in eastern North Carolina?
Old 07-22-2003, 09:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Ive installed a few NX kits. They all came with all thier parts and they all performed as advertised. For your purposes I feel you NX kit will be just fine.
Just be sure to use a good intank pump (255lph) and take it to a dyno shop with a wideband o2 to get some accurate Af readings. And definately start at the lower settings. You will be checking it for the first time. There are any number of things that may go wrong (besides an NX problem) so its a good idea to start low.

I understand Gofast has had bad experiances, but there are alot of satisfied NX customers here. Id say stick with what you have.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:59 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for your imput, I feel a little better now!
Old 07-22-2003, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

running both nx kits on the two cars.no problems here.you be okay with the 100shot on stock fuel pmp.150 and your rolling the dice.dont do it.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

Can i use an inline pump and not a in tank pump and get away with it? Thats what i have on order is a inline pump