Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Notchback Couple Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 Notchback Couple Questions

I'm in the middle of swapping an LS2 into a 91 Mustang Coupe. For all of you that have done the swap does the stock steering rack work good with the LSx steering pump? I ended up with a 06 CTS-V engine that came with everything except a powersteering pump, are any of the corvette,gto,fbody, ect. pumps interchangable or do I need the CTS-V one to fit the bracket correctly.

I've also got a complete uncut wiring harness for a 05 GTO for sale in the classifieds section. I bought it before I picked up my engine and then found out I had the 58x reluctor wheel instead of the 24x.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/875387-fs-efilive-flashscan-v1c-complete-05-gto-wiring-harness.html

Thanks
Old 03-16-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the CTS-V and GTO share the same pump but different reservoir. alot of guys are using the stock PS rack and LSx-style pump as well.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Teching In

Cool.. I thought the pumps themselves might be the same except for the reservoir and the pulley. I guess i'll just make a trip to the parts store and see if they have any to compare. Thanks
Old 03-17-2008, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04BlueSS
I'm in the middle of swapping an LS2 into a 91 Mustang Coupe. For all of you that have done the swap does the stock steering rack work good with the LSx steering pump? I ended up with a 06 CTS-V engine that came with everything except a powersteering pump, are any of the corvette,gto,fbody, ect. pumps interchangable or do I need the CTS-V one to fit the bracket correctly.

I've also got a complete uncut wiring harness for a 05 GTO for sale in the classifieds section. I bought it before I picked up my engine and then found out I had the 58x reluctor wheel instead of the 24x.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=875387

Thanks

lols, I bought that harness and ran in to the same situation. I wish I would have known what you were up too and I would have let you know before you bought it from me..... I too have a '91 coupe with a ls2. The best dela out there is the GM harness kt for the ls2 that come with everthing you need for about $800. It comes with ECM/harness/sensors....
Old 03-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jw33
lols, I bought that harness and ran in to the same situation. I wish I would have known what you were up too and I would have let you know before you bought it from me..... I too have a '91 coupe with a ls2. The best dela out there is the GM harness kt for the ls2 that come with everthing you need for about $800. It comes with ECM/harness/sensors....
I bought the harness before I picked up the engine, It was advertised as an 05 LS2 so I assumed it was from a GTO. When I picked it up he said it was out of an 05 CTS-V, well after some research it was out of an 06 CTS-V. I bought everything to swap the reluctor wheel out and then just deceided that I didn't want to pull the rods and crank. I ended up buying the same GMPP harness you did, just got it today. Do you know if anyone has reflashed the E67 controller that comes with the harness so it can be tuned?

I've got the Goodson crank reluctor wheel install tool and a 24x reluctor wheel with sensor for sale if anyone is interested lol.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04BlueSS
I bought the harness before I picked up the engine, It was advertised as an 05 LS2 so I assumed it was from a GTO. When I picked it up he said it was out of an 05 CTS-V, well after some research it was out of an 06 CTS-V. I bought everything to swap the reluctor wheel out and then just deceided that I didn't want to pull the rods and crank. I ended up buying the same GMPP harness you did, just got it today. Do you know if anyone has reflashed the E67 controller that comes with the harness so it can be tuned?

I've got the Goodson crank reluctor wheel install tool and a 24x reluctor wheel with sensor for sale if anyone is interested lol.

Yeah, it's still up for debate if the ecm can be tuned like a regual E67 ecm. I'm just wrapping up a few loose ends on my car, but I'm still a few weeks away from getting it running. One of the first things I'm going to do after it's back on the road is take it to get tuned here locally so I'll know here for sure pretty soon.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jw33
Yeah, it's still up for debate if the ecm can be tuned like a regual E67 ecm. I'm just wrapping up a few loose ends on my car, but I'm still a few weeks away from getting it running. One of the first things I'm going to do after it's back on the road is take it to get tuned here locally so I'll know here for sure pretty soon.

did you get the pipe btw???
Old 03-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Thought I might put some pics up to show the car before the swap. When I get the swap done I'll take some more.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lt4malibu
did you get the pipe btw???
You know, I wasn't going to seem like a *** and ask about it because I know how thing can get busy, but no I never got it I think the lady who delivers our mail smokes crack though because of all the mail we get from other people.....
Old 03-17-2008, 10:51 PM
10 Second Club

Dam, thats a nice car. That motor should be worth some decent money to a ford guy.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JRracing
Dam, thats a nice car. That motor should be worth some decent money to a ford guy.
Thanks, I bought the car as it looks in the pictures. I thought I blew a head gasket in it and pulled the engine and tranny to check it out. Ended up just being a coolant hose leak, I always wanted a LS powered coupe so I decided to part it out. I found an LS2 for the swap but still need to get a T56 for it. Once it starts going together I'll get some more pictures.

Quick Reply: LS2 Notchback Couple Questions