Sponsored by:

Live Dyno Action from FLT

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 07:11 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Live Dyno Action from FLT

Here are a couple video clips I put together for you guy's to see our Dyno in action. This trans is one of our level 5 4l60E transmissions. With the use of this machine it allows us to give you the quality you deserve. It really is a quality control/research and development tool that we use to insure that when you get your transmission it works. These are pulls at different amounts of pressure.

The first one is at a 125psi.

This is a pull at 150psi.

This is a pull at 185psi.

This pull is at max pressure.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's great to see clips like this, especially when you're located so far away
from the shop - it's like being able to see the shop in person. My new FLT
is bolted up, along with a Yank TC, and new headers. I'm dropping the car
down this afternoon and get her on the road. It's also great to see that
our money is being spent on top-notch FLT shop gear!

For whatever it's worth, FLT's customer service is top-notch. In my
numerous phone calls and emails to Chuck, I've always received more
information than I asked for and have never felt the conversation was
'rushed'. The attention-to-detail on the tranny is second-to-none. I
dropped the pan to paint it, which gave me the opportunity to examine
the inside of the tranny - it literally looks like a brand-new, fresh from GM
tranny. Same goes for the exterior of the tranny. Thanks - can't wait to
put her into gear!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Launching!

Nice videos. This might sound common, but do you not bother wearing ear protection when your running that machine? It even sounds loud in the videos alone! Very clean and seemingly up to date place you have there, I"m not knocking ya.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:56 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

To see more photo's from FLT look here. https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/800809-flt-takes-wow-factor-lot-pics.html

Originally Posted by caldercay
It's great to see clips like this, especially when you're located so far away
from the shop - it's like being able to see the shop in person. My new FLT
is bolted up, along with a Yank TC, and new headers. I'm dropping the car
down this afternoon and get her on the road. It's also great to see that
our money is being spent on top-notch FLT shop gear!

For whatever it's worth, FLT's customer service is top-notch. In my
numerous phone calls and emails to Chuck, I've always received more
information than I asked for and have never felt the conversation was
'rushed'. The attention-to-detail on the tranny is second-to-none. I
dropped the pan to paint it, which gave me the opportunity to examine
the inside of the tranny - it literally looks like a brand-new, fresh from GM
tranny. Same goes for the exterior of the tranny. Thanks - can't wait to
put her into gear!
Thank you for the comment. The shop is very nice to work in and is one of the nicer ones you will ever see as far as transmissions shops go. The dyno is a very valuable tool for us with the amount of units we ship and I personally do not know how some do with out one. Glad that you got a chance to see it. As for the detail that goes into these units you are correct. I personally see that it happens each and every day while building these units. I am the primary builder and am pretty **** when it comes to quality transmissions. If you were to see what some build you would look look no future than FLT. I guaranty it. Thank you for the support and comments. Vince

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
Nice videos. This might sound common, but do you not bother wearing ear protection when your running that machine? It even sounds loud in the videos alone! Very clean and seemingly up to date place you have there, I"m not knocking ya.
What you hear is the electric motor of the machine. As far as dyno's go this machine is actually very quiet compared to the other 3 gas dyno's I have run in the past. All of which were made by the same manufacture but as time goes on so does technology. This machine is a very expensive tool and well worth to me. I do not wear ear protection because I am listening to the trans as it runs. Sometimes I actually have my head resting on the trans as it runs. Basically we are listening for noises that are not acceptable or could cause a potential failure. It is very important to me that these units are quiet and quality control is what makes for a good product. We are also looking for vibrations, shift quality, pressures, electronic functions, temperature readings, manifold switch data and other tests that are a part of the process. You would be surprised how many times this machine has paid for itself when using it and also we use it for research and development when testing new products. I like to get calls that a customer says "man this thing works great". Not it doesn't do what it is supposed to do. We build a very good product from start to finish and that is what separates us from most. These are some of the finest transmissions that I have ever seen inside and out. Thanks for the question. Vince
Old 03-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Banned

i cant wait for the day i get my FLT!!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

Well, I finally got the Z out on the road all day today - I've put about 400 miles on her,
with all the new components: FLT tranny, Yank 3200, Kooks headers.

The FLT shifts positively firm and smooth. I'll wait another 700 miles before getting
on her any harder. The Yank is spot-on and the Kooks are doing their job!

BTW, Vince . . . what's the word on that special "all chrome" transmission project
y'all were working on? Can you tell us about that project?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:11 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cookba
i cant wait for the day i get my FLT!!!!
When you are ready we will be here.

Originally Posted by caldercay
Well, I finally got the Z out on the road all day today - I've put about 400 miles on her,
with all the new components: FLT tranny, Yank 3200, Kooks headers.

The FLT shifts positively firm and smooth. I'll wait another 700 miles before getting
on her any harder. The Yank is spot-on and the Kooks are doing their job!

BTW, Vince . . . what's the word on that special "all chrome" transmission project
y'all were working on? Can you tell us about that project?
Good to hear all is well after a 400 mile test drive. As far as I'm concerned the trans is broke in and ready when you are. As for the chrome plated unit the car did not get finished in time for the show. The car builder is going to shoot for next year about this time. They had some issues with some of the engine parts and it just did not make sense to rush it. Basically they ran out of time to get the car ready for the show. I wish I could tell you more. It is against the rules for this show for us to give out any details of the build until after the show. Vince
Old 03-21-2008, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
To see more photo's from FLT look here. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800809

Thank you for the comment. The shop is very nice to work in and is one of the nicer ones you will ever see as far as transmissions shops go. The dyno is a very valuable tool for us with the amount of units we ship and I personally do not know how some do with out one. Glad that you got a chance to see it. As for the detail that goes into these units you are correct. I personally see that it happens each and every day while building these units. I am the primary builder and am pretty **** when it comes to quality transmissions. If you were to see what some build you would look look no future than FLT. I guaranty it. Thank you for the support and comments. Vince

What you hear is the electric motor of the machine. As far as dyno's go this machine is actually very quiet compared to the other 3 gas dyno's I have run in the past. All of which were made by the same manufacture but as time goes on so does technology. This machine is a very expensive tool and well worth to me. I do not wear ear protection because I am listening to the trans as it runs. Sometimes I actually have my head resting on the trans as it runs. Basically we are listening for noises that are not acceptable or could cause a potential failure. It is very important to me that these units are quiet and quality control is what makes for a good product. We are also looking for vibrations, shift quality, pressures, electronic functions, temperature readings, manifold switch data and other tests that are a part of the process. You would be surprised how many times this machine has paid for itself when using it and also we use it for research and development when testing new products. I like to get calls that a customer says "man this thing works great". Not it doesn't do what it is supposed to do. We build a very good product from start to finish and that is what separates us from most. These are some of the finest transmissions that I have ever seen inside and out. Thanks for the question. Vince

Hell yeah, that shop is spotless. Vince really is **** ....all the new components are neatly laid out on the shelves, all the trannies are lined up perfectly and it really adds to the feeling of quality that they put into every tranny.

And yes, the dyno really is quiet. When he dyno'd mine, you could hear every shift and really got a feel for what was going on inside the unit. Very nice piece of equipment and I can see how it would be so valuable. Once again Vince, you're taking good care of us here at LS1Tech. Thanks for sharing all the info and technology with us!
Old 03-22-2008, 03:11 AM
TECH Regular

its so weird to see a dyno pull with out hearing an open header v8 makin all kinds of noise. looks like you guys have a top notch facility.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:15 AM
10 Second Club

I see my Stage V going 9's this year!
Old 03-22-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

"Live dyno action..." That made me laugh. I guess too many spam e-mails.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Junkie

I stopped by the shop today to drop off a 4L60E core. Met chuck and his dog

Very nice shop you guys have got there. I definitely would never buy a trans. from anyone but FLT. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:17 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Luna
I stopped by the shop today to drop off a 4L60E core. Met chuck and his dog

Very nice shop you guys have got there. I definitely would never buy a trans. from anyone but FLT. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for stopping by yesterday, it was nice meeting you and your girlfriend. If that six speed your swapping over to needs any work in the future you have my number. As you seen that dog has the best job ever! Spoiled brat!!
Old 03-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
"Live dyno action..." That made me laugh. I guess too many spam e-mails.
Thats funny! I get that crap too, one of the forums I'm on got hacked, and is filled with spam.

Vince, I can't seem to see the videos! I click, and it goes to the photobucket page, but the video just kinda flickers, mocking me Is there a plugin I need? you should put them up on YouTube maybe. Thanks

Dan
Old 03-25-2008, 08:18 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dshannon
Thats funny! I get that crap too, one of the forums I'm on got hacked, and is filled with spam.

Vince, I can't seem to see the videos! I click, and it goes to the photobucket page, but the video just kinda flickers, mocking me Is there a plugin I need? you should put them up on YouTube maybe. Thanks

Dan
You are the first person to tell me you can not see them. Maybe you need to look at your computer to see why it will not allow you to do so. Probably part of your virus protection or the fire wall. I'm not that computer savy but I have the best Geek in the world when I crash this thing! I really do this stuff in my free time maybe I will look into it when I have time. Vince
Old 03-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Hmmm, I can see them now? must be the network at school. It dosent seem to like AIM any better sometimes.... thanks anyway vince!
Old 03-29-2008, 11:21 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Good to hear. I was just looking into other ways to host video's. The only problem is the length. I have a few that are longer but can't download them.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Banned

Can't wait to get my level 5 4L60E from FLT.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:23 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Thank you for the order. Vince
Old 04-10-2008, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

What power level does the Level 5 hold?

Quick Reply: Live Dyno Action from FLT