General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car is acting wierd??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Car is acting wierd??

I put on all the mods in my sig last weekend and it was fine all last week. Then saturday I did a little doughnut because I missed a turn and when I pulled out, the car was shaking and wasnt responding to the pedal when I gave it gas. It just sputtered(spelling?). Then today I got a car wash and after I wiped it off and everything I started it up and it was doing the same thing all through town. Kind of seems like its not getting gas? I looked on my intake and there was some little water puddles where the injectors seat...maybe water is getting in there?
Old 04-14-2008, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I would think the o-rings would keep it from getting water in the intake, unless of course they didn't seat right, but your car wouldn't run that great on normal days either... Check all your PCV lines. It sounds like you've got a vacuum leak. I had one and it did the same thing. Shake the PCV valve, and if it rattles it's still good. If all that is fine, you've got a fuel/air problem: MAF, O2s, etc...
Old 04-14-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well I forgot to mention that it was raining saturday then today it was right after I got a car wash. Thats why I figured it mad to do something with moisture. I havnt had my codes read since I put everything on and I deleted the rear o2's. Mayb something is wrong with the front 2 and I dont know it becayse I havnt had the codes read?
Old 04-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Just a guess but i would check battery voltage or battery terminals to make sure they are tight. My car was acting the same as yours and it ended up being the battery was junk. good luck
Old 04-14-2008, 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

I think I read something a while back about people having a missfire problem when the coil packs got wet but I dont remember the details, you may want to do a search on that. If it does it in dry conditions I would check the wires running along the passenger side of the engine bay across the wheel well. My car had a similar problem after I installed my headers and those wires were touching the header and shorting out.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's got to be something relating to being wet...its been fine all day after I got it working fine thismorning.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Mine started acting up after I drove through a gargantuan puddle in a downpour. I also thought that it had something to do with water, but it turned out to be a big coincidence. The PCV elbow and valve were fucked up.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Are you talking about the elbow that goes into the back of the drivers side valve cover? and Which valve?
Old 04-15-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

???????????????

And if it possibly is from the coil packs getting wet, will it hurt anything if I continue to drive it until it gets better (ussually takes about 10-15 min)?
Old 04-16-2008, 11:41 AM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

On the passenger's side of the intake is a couple vacuum lines. One off the throttle body and one off the bottom of the intake. If you trace the one from the bottom fo the intake, a few inches in you'll see a bent rubber elbow that is wider than the other parts, and a wire is running into it. If you disconnect that elbow, you'll see the PCV valve in it. Shake the valve and inspect the elbow for cracks and such. Then, if that's fine, look for other vacuum line disruptions. And no it shouldn't hurt anything. This is my only car that drives w/o complicatiosn, and I drove it for three days like that until I could work on it again.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

plug wire back off? maybe hitting on 7 cyl.