Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Who is running the Hurst shifter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is running the Hurst shifter?

I wanted to know if any of you guys/gals were running the hurst shifter with the chrome stick rather then the stock black one? Do you like it? Does it feel notchie? what do you think of it?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I love my hurts, i feel like its the least notchy shifter of them all, very smooth and it looks great....

I've cut it down an inch to make it a bit shorter since that pic, but it liked it either way

Old 04-16-2008, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have the stock Hurst with the short stick.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Coming from the Mustang world I'm used to Steeda Tri Ax and Pro 5.0. I'm not that enamored with the stock Hurst yet. It is smooth and a great daily driver piece. I'm just not too confident with it. I'm used to heavy springs and adjusted stops.

I've had the car 2 weeks so it's probably just an issue of practice.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by zlover129
I love my hurts, i feel like its the least notchy shifter of them all, very smooth and it looks great....

I've cut it down an inch to make it a bit shorter since that pic, but it liked it either way

where the heck did you find the shift ball that says hurst on the side of it? been lookin for one forever and I all ever see is the one's with just the shift pattern.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zlover129

Im not gonna lie that shifter looks really good sitting there.
I think it looks way better than my pro 5.0
Old 04-16-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

The stick and ball all came with the shifter itself, i was actually surprised myself. I was expecting the bigger ball without the chrome stick but i love this set up. Ill get the part number off the box, and anyone interested in who i bought mine from just send me a pm since that too may something to do with it and since they arent a sponsor im not going to post it here.

O and for the person who mentioned the stock hurst...it is different from teh aftermarket, mine has the adjustable stops and its a bit shorter throw, thats kind of a more street friend version of a hurst if you know what i mean.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have the hurst... chrome stick with that black ball that says "hurst" it's worlds above the stock.

i do like it, but again, coming from a stang as well, it's not the best piece in the world. it is a little notchy, and the stick could be shorter. i may cut it down.

if you are buying one, pro 5.0 all the way.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black99T\A
where the heck did you find the shift ball that says hurst on the side of it? been lookin for one forever and I all ever see is the one's with just the shift pattern.
They only come with the small thread size. I bought a Hurst shift ball for the stock thread size off ebay. The pic showed Hurst on the side, I was pissed when the one I got didn't, so I contacted Hurst and they don't make that ball with the bigger threads.