Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel cooler?? would it help??

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default fuel cooler?? would it help??

is it true that if i cool down my fuel enough, i can get like a good 15hp? or any power from it at all? i did a search and came up with nothing for fuel coolers, will it also help if i just insulate my fuel lines? or is even worth the effort?
Old 04-27-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need to buy a couple liquid nitrogen tanks and run them inline with the fuel lines.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fortmyerspolice
you need to buy a couple liquid nitrogen tanks and run them inline with the fuel lines.

not a bad idea
Old 04-27-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

We did this on a race car which is illegal as hell. I don't think you will see gains like a carburated car will. The ECM adjusts things like that to compensate automatically, as a carburated engine doesnt. If you jet the carb a bit bigger to compensate for crappy air, the cold fuel is a nice plus with those big jets.

I'm not saying you won't see a gain, but 15hp is pretty optimistic. Also thats pretty expensive and time consuming HP for small gains.

Also remember cold 116 race fuel reacts a lot different than cold 93 fuel. Tons more oxygen in the race fuel.

If you are dead set on doing it, I would rig something around the fuel tank and slide dry ice in there, thats what we did on the race car. Kinds funny to see snow around the fuel tank on a 90 degree day!!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1Z28_98
We did this on a race car which is illegal as hell. I don't think you will see gains like a carburated car will. The ECM adjusts things like that to compensate automatically, as a carburated engine doesnt. If you jet the carb a bit bigger to compensate for crappy air, the cold fuel is a nice plus with those big jets.

I'm not saying you won't see a gain, but 15hp is pretty optimistic. Also thats pretty expensive and time consuming HP for small gains.

Also remember cold 116 race fuel reacts a lot different than cold 93 fuel. Tons more oxygen in the race fuel.

If you are dead set on doing it, I would rig something around the fuel tank and slide dry ice in there, thats what we did on the race car. Kinds funny to see snow around the fuel tank on a 90 degree day!!!!
i see what u mean! its not worth thr time for the power gains! but i think it would be a good idea to insulate the fuel lines maybe? or have a little spot where i can use lik dry ice
Old 04-28-2008, 07:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

One option, and I don't know how you feel about it because personally I don't care for it, is Nitrous. Nitrous is a cold gas which would do what you want it to do (cool the fuel) and a lot more (tons more oxygen).

Now again, I am not a fan of nitrous, but there may be a lot you would want to do to prepare the engine for that. And that brings us to another cost factor.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

i know that summit or gegs sells an inline fuel cooler. its nothing extravagent, it looks just like a small trans cooler.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cooling the fuel will do nothing or power. Cool the air and you will get something. Alahol injection in the inlet air might be good for 15 HP.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

These engines are diesel, small if any gain on an ls1. I think jegs and summit both sell a inline fuel cooler that is suppose to be framerail mounted.

Quick Reply: fuel cooler?? would it help??