Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help!!I think NAPA wrecked my crank

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help!!I think NAPA wrecked my crank

I dropped my crank off to get the main's polished and the rod's turned.

the main's already had been ground .010 (.25mm) under. and the mains looked good and when i mic'ed them were on the high side

Plus i knew i can't find a .50mm under bearing. so i go to pick it up after 3 weeks and they ground the damn main's .020 under(.50mm)

I can't find a clevite h series main or any other brand for that matter in a .50 mm undersize

they still have the original paperwork that said to polish and not grind them. but what do i do now. can i find that bearing or am i screwed.

Or should they replace the crank??

mike
Old 05-15-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ugh, that really sucks dude. I would bitch as much as possible and try to get them to replace it. Threaten lawsuits and such....
Old 05-15-2008, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Bad day turned good. just bought a 15k mile ls1 short block from a buddie for $600 plus my block.

hopefully napa will pay for the crank.i will flycut the pistons install the slp pump&chain and new cam and i am back in bussiness
Old 05-15-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why would you be screwed? They did something you didn't ask them to AND they have the paperwork showing they fucked up. Go back to them and tell them they need to obtain a replacement crank or pay you the cost of replacing the crank. If that store will not fix it, then you need to go higher up.

Start the **** ball rolling.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

Default napa

Originally Posted by Kalgorn
Why would you be screwed? They did something you didn't ask them to AND they have the paperwork showing they fucked up. Go back to them and tell them they need to obtain a replacement crank or pay you the cost of replacing the crank. If that store will not fix it, then you need to go higher up.

Start the **** ball rolling.
yeah i know the store owner is real cool . i just feel bad even though i did nothing wrong.

tonight he said don't pay me let me call the machine shop and let you know.

hopefully they will make it right.or i will make them make it right. if they just would have done what i asked it would be fine.

but getting that 01 short block for 600 makes it all ok for me.throw some k tech's in and cut the piston's and burn some tire's off.

what sucks more is i just rebuilt that ls1 this winter. went on a 800 mile road trip let my "friend " drive it 2 blocks to the store 1 1/2 qts low on oil after the road trip. he decided to get on the freeway and do 165mph and hit the 7k limiter in every gear like it was a 70 nova instead of letting the pcm shift it.

long story short i drove it home 9 hr's blown up. i have full bolt on's afr's blah blah blah not a cheap build in a 04 gto.

no one will ever drive my car again. i am just trying to get it back together and then this. orderd a new cam last night . she will live again no matter what
Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think your "friend" owes you some cash.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by quick346

what sucks more is i just rebuilt that ls1 this winter. went on a 800 mile road trip let my "friend " drive it 2 blocks to the store 1 1/2 qts low on oil after the road trip. he decided to get on the freeway and do 165mph and hit the 7k limiter in every gear like it was a 70 nova instead of letting the pcm shift it.

long story short i drove it home 9 hr's blown up. i have full bolt on's afr's blah blah blah not a cheap build in a 04 gto.

no one will ever drive my car again. i am just trying to get it back together and then this. orderd a new cam last night . she will live again no matter what
If that dude didn't make this right I would be writing this post from jail cause I would beat his a$$ so bad he would hate his momma for ever giving birth to himYou just don't treat other peoples stuff this way. I don't care if you are the one who let it get low on oil he needs to learn respect for other people and their $hit. I had something similiar happen to me as a teenager and the MFer's parents paid for my new motor. It was a smog dog though and I got rid of the car after that:bang It was a 68 GTO convertible
Old 05-16-2008, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
If that dude didn't make this right I would be writing this post from jail cause I would beat his a$$ so bad he would hate his momma for ever giving birth to himYou just don't treat other peoples stuff this way. I don't care if you are the one who let it get low on oil he needs to learn respect for other people and their $hit. I had something similiar happen to me as a teenager and the MFer's parents paid for my new motor. It was a smog dog though and I got rid of the car after that:bang It was a 68 GTO convertible
Well i know but the dude has no money. he live's in a town in MO with no job's and i was just being cool and got screwd. all my buddies in michigan have nice car's and have respect for them. I just figured he would too.

It is not worth my time to go after him.I know now what kind of person he is now and he will never drive my **** again.

NAPA is playing the blame game between their shops on who is going to pay for a new crank.I don't even need the crank now that i bought that short block but i still want something for it.

But yeah i guess you can't just assume all peaple have respect for car's i learned the hard way
Old 05-17-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well if you could get them to purchase a new crank, put together a stock shortblock (or close to stock), and sell it. Or you could have them pay you for the cost of a stock crank, take the money, and run.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Launching!

The title of this thread is SCARY !!
Old 05-17-2008, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Default yup

Originally Posted by Zitty'sZ
The title of this thread is SCARY !!
what is scary is they had direction's to follow and did as they wanted.
And now don't want to pay for it.

I was like sweet you ground it but with no bearings you might as well use it as a boat anchor
Old 05-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by quick346
what is scary is they had direction's to follow and did as they wanted.
And now don't want to pay for it.

I was like sweet you ground it but with no bearings you might as well use it as a boat anchor
Yeah I hear you, that definately sucks . I don't see how they can get out of paying for it . Take them to small claims court if you have to , that is probably your best bet if they don't pay up . Good luck !