Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

summit draglites?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default summit draglites?

i see every one running summit stars,i came across a good deal on 15x10 weld dragltes..now i want macthing fronts,anyone running 15x4 summit drag lites? any expierence with these?
Old 05-26-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

well for one, i believe they are heavier than the welds. probably not by that much, but for the price you can find weld skinnies for the front, you might as well.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a pair from Jeg's. I weighed them, and without tire i believe they were about 4 lbs heavier than welds. So for the money difference i believe they are worth it. I've never had mine at the track though. I just threw them on to take some pictures.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tim, he is asking about the "draglite" style summit wheel, not the "prostar" type you have. But N2OLT1, I believe I came across a thread about a guy who bought some and they didnt fit at all, so he had to send them back and get the Summit prostars. I think that is why you see everyone running the summit stars and no one running the summit lites.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaro396
Tim, he is asking about the "draglite" style summit wheel, not the "prostar" type you have. But N2OLT1, I believe I came across a thread about a guy who bought some and they didnt fit at all, so he had to send them back and get the Summit prostars. I think that is why you see everyone running the summit stars and no one running the summit lites.

cool thanks..well ima end up running the weld drag lites out back with the new greg weld star up front..thanks though.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by N2OLT1
cool thanks..well ima end up running the weld drag lites out back with the new greg weld star up front..thanks though.
No problem. Get some pictures Id like to see that combo. I run Greg Welds in the front with Stockers and Slicks, however this is my car with a set of 15x10 prostars off a buddies car. I think the combo looks badass!

PS. This is the original thread I found that I was telling you about, that explained the summit draglites not fitting.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...aglites+summit
Old 05-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaro396
No problem. Get some pictures Id like to see that combo. I run Greg Welds in the front with Stockers and Slicks, however this is my car with a set of 15x10 prostars off a buddies car. I think the combo looks badass!

PS. This is the original thread I found that I was telling you about, that explained the summit draglites not fitting.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...aglites+summit
pro stars and the greg welds looks badass...i came across a good deal on the weld drag lites..15x10 7.5bs with micky thompson slicks for 200...couldent pass it up.so i picked them up, now that i found out summit drag lites wont work out up front..screw it, greg welds up front,when they come out with the right back spacing for the rear,i'll pick those up..i'll post pics when the wheels are on the car..thanks for the link..
Old 05-29-2008, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

You also can run Weld Draglites in the front with a small spacer and no grinding. I did that for a while too.

Quick Reply: summit draglites?