Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning with LS1 edit

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning with LS1 edit

Well I have used the search and have gotten most of the answers that I was looking for. I have just a few questions for the tuning experts here on LS1 Tech.
1. Tuning with LS1 edit, although it's old compared to the new tuning software out, can you get a real GOOD tune using this software?

2. What is it about LS1 edit that makes it any worse than the new software that out now?

3. For a person trying to get into tuning for themselfs, is LS1 edit ok to use?

I ask these questions because I brought LS1 edit a few years ago to tune my car but I just decided to pay to have it tune. Now I want to do it myself to eliminate paying for each time I change something with my car. It's begining to get VERY EXPENSIVE! LOL. Any help from those that tune would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

If you already have edit, it can work fine otherwise it's not worth the cost compared to the new stuff out. It just doesn't have all the fancy features of the new offerings.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used LS1 Edit for a couple of years until EFILive came out. It like using DOS vs XP with LS1Edit being DOS.

Good luck.
Bill
Old 06-02-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

i agree, i have ls1edit and if you got the updated software you should be able to do everything the other softwares do (hp tuners/efi-live). The major pain in the *** is the lack of a scanner built into ls1edit. I tried to use their beta scanner but it sucks so i us auto tap. This really sucks as you have to program the pcm,unhook that crap,hook up auto tap, make a run and scan to see what progress your tuning has done and if it isnt good, unhook auto tap,re-hook up ls1 edit and re edit the pcm (which by the way takes fuggin forever) then swap out the cables and make another run and scan. Just a bitch doing it this way. You can do great tuning with it, its just a bitch on how the program is set up and how generic it really is..
Old 06-03-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok thanks for the info. Can I call LS1 edit and get the updated version of there software? I'm sure that it may cost a little bit but if not I guess it won't even be worth it.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea you can get an update and it will cost you some but i forget how much they chage for an update.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

I just upgraded from version 1.21 to 1.54 on LS1Edit for $50. I also data log with Autotap. The switching around is a PITA as stated above.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well i guess for $50 bucks it will kinda be worth it because I want to learn how to turn myself. I really appreciate the info and I will be asking many more questions. I have a speed density tune that I think I need to go back to the MAF because the car don't want to run right.

It idles fine at first start up but the idle wants to go extremly low and almost cut off when I drive the car. Some of the issue has been resolve since I have put the NW tb on the car.

I also think that there is a little more left in the car and the tune thats in there now was something I got raped on. So I want to just sure up the tune and change the SD tune back to MAF. Is this a good ideal for a N/A car set up for spray? Like I said I have a bunch of questions and I have searched but some of it I still dont understand so any more info in plain english would be a GREAT help.