Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First experience with Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First experience with Nitrous

Well I recently had my first experience with nitrous and I must say its nice. I'm hitting a 150 shot and if I have the street tires on it 1st and 2nd gear are pretty much useless. Its kinda similar to having a turbo car. I had a WRX before this and the Turbo just happen to come online about 3k so its about the same as far as getting the kick in the back at a certain RPM. Its very addictive. It definatley doesn't take long to wind the speedo back. I love it. I bought most of my parts through Nitrous Outlet. I've heard people sing there praise before never really thought much of it. I've dealt with shops that people would say were great and I was not impressed. After dealing with them I can honestly say that they are the best business that I have ever dealt with hands down. Not just as far as Nitrous or Car parts in general either. If anybody is going to buy nitrous or accessories Nitrous Outlet is the only way to go. Chris is a great guy to deal with. I would also like to thank everybody else on this board for all the Wiring Diagrams. Without them I would have been fouled.

If anybody is thinking about getting nitrous do it. You'll love it. I know I do.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you running a dry or wet kit? Did you do any fuel upgrades or remove any timing?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jetlag
Are you running a dry or wet kit? Did you do any fuel upgrades or remove any timing?
Good question I can't believe I didn't put that in my post. Its a NOS wet plate setup ( I don't think they make a dry). I put a Racetronix fuel pump in it and I pulled 4 degrees of Timing out of it. 23 degrees total.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

Oh ok..

I just ordered a dry kit...but won't be spraying much..no more than 100...but, I'm hoping for 11s.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ I don't think you'll have a problem with that. A stall and some good tires would make a world of difference though. Good luck with your goal.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh ok..

I just ordered a dry kit...but won't be spraying much..no more than 100...but, I'm hoping for 11s.
Hope you ordered injectors..
Old 06-04-2008, 11:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for the compliments. We work very hard to take care of our customers and insure that there experience is safe and fun!

Thank you for your support!
Dave
Old 06-04-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Im glad you got the kit installed Rock. I should be spraying again within 2 weeks as well. The racetronix is in the mail right now. The car runs very strong cam only so i can't wait to feel the 100 shot on top of it.

Do you plan to hit the track any time soon?
Old 06-05-2008, 01:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Hope you ordered injectors..
Nope...surely didnt....let's hope it doesn't blow! I rarely drive or race my car...so I don't see a need in upgraded injectors. or even a tune Apparently the 100hp pill should give me around 80rwhp? so then I'd be at a total of ~ 410rwhp...I've seen plenty of people running that much on stock 28.8# injectors. So we'll see.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Im glad you got the kit installed Rock. I should be spraying again within 2 weeks as well. The racetronix is in the mail right now. The car runs very strong cam only so i can't wait to feel the 100 shot on top of it.

Do you plan to hit the track any time soon?
Yeah should be some time soon. I gotta a few odds and ends to work out still but yeah I'm itching to get back out there and see what she can do. I'm debating on setting the nitrous to pull me out of the hole but that could be death to the 10 bolt. I don't know I guess I will have to see how it goes. I can't wait though. My gears kill me with this cam. I don't want to stall it real high for fear of breakage but if I don't it falls on its face. But I don't think the 10 bolts going to like the spray for long so I don't want to gear it, I would buy a 9" but I'm having oil pressure problems every once in a while. So I got some **** I gotta work out as you can see. I'm going to swap the oil pump even though the one I got is new I still think that's my problem. If that fixes it she'll be riding a 9"
Old 06-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Nope...surely didnt....let's hope it doesn't blow! I rarely drive or race my car...so I don't see a need in upgraded injectors. or even a tune Apparently the 100hp pill should give me around 80rwhp? so then I'd be at a total of ~ 410rwhp...I've seen plenty of people running that much on stock 28.8# injectors. So we'll see.

Most jet sizes now days are rated at rear wheel horsepower....so figure 125 or so at the motor. Just something to keep in mind....I'd try a 75 shot first and monitor your narrow band voltage & injector duty cycle (if you're able to) and work up from there. They say not to go over 80% duty cycle on injectors but up to 90% temporarily is not really the end of the world. And unless you have a wideband you will have to watch your narrow band o2 sensor voltage, a good rule of thumb is to never let them go below 920mV or so, as they are so unreliable at WOT that you dont really know how lean you're getting.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rocksws6
Yeah should be some time soon. I gotta a few odds and ends to work out still but yeah I'm itching to get back out there and see what she can do. I'm debating on setting the nitrous to pull me out of the hole but that could be death to the 10 bolt. I don't know I guess I will have to see how it goes. I can't wait though. My gears kill me with this cam. I don't want to stall it real high for fear of breakage but if I don't it falls on its face. But I don't think the 10 bolts going to like the spray for long so I don't want to gear it, I would buy a 9" but I'm having oil pressure problems every once in a while. So I got some **** I gotta work out as you can see. I'm going to swap the oil pump even though the one I got is new I still think that's my problem. If that fixes it she'll be riding a 9"
I know we basically have the same cam and i really dont mind the gears with it. I would not spray out of the hole. I plan to spray in 2nd gear because i cant afford to break the 10 bolt. I can't wait to see how you do. Keep me updated
Old 06-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Banned

Nitrous and street tires aren't even worth trying...

Nitrous - Turbo without the lag
Old 06-05-2008, 04:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by cty33390
Most jet sizes now days are rated at rear wheel horsepower....so figure 125 or so at the motor.
True, but not the kit I ordered.. which is why I said what I said.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
I know we basically have the same cam and i really dont mind the gears with it. I would not spray out of the hole. I plan to spray in 2nd gear because i cant afford to break the 10 bolt. I can't wait to see how you do. Keep me updated
The gears ain't bad for street duty but when you go to the track and your trying to get a good hard launch they're definately not ideal. Stalling to 3500 it would pull it out of the power range and it would fall on its face for a second. Some 4.11's would fix that but I wouldn't run those in a 10 bolt. I was thinking if I went back to a 100 shot and hit it off the line it would keep it from dropping down but it would be on limited time I'm sure. I'll let you know how it works out.