Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Ryne@CMS + Charlie@RPM = Magic! (Got my C5Z06 Dynoed)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ryne@CMS + Charlie@RPM = Magic! (Got my C5Z06 Dynoed)

Well, I had the opportunity to get my stock 2003 Corvette Z06 tuned by two of the best LS tuners in the business (Ryne@CMS & Charlie@RPM). Before I post the results, I would like to give both of this tuners thanks, and say if anyone else every needs a tune or anything else LS related, Don't hesistate to contact either one. You are gaurenteed excellent service and results either way you go.

So without further ado...

Video of My car on the Dyno.
YouTube - Stock 2003 Corvette Z06 Dyno

Stock C5Z06 w/ Intake lid removed.

Charlie was amazed by the numbers my basically stock car put down. He said that I must have a factory freak. Then he drove it and said it was amazing for no mods.

So I have to say thanks alot to Charlie and Ryne, and I will be glad to send each of you business whenever I can.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i spoke to charlie on the phone about your car, he said it came in at about 380 rwhp with my tune, then he just added some timing and picked up the extra 5 rwhp....... i am not as couragous as charlie i guess. maybe sometimes i tune too safe lol, either way charlie does a excellent job.... no doubt
Old 06-10-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Damn those are high numbers! Congrats
Old 06-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Teching In

I can agree with Savior_1974. Though I have never had work done by Charlie personally! I can vouch for Charlie's work that has been done to my friends Vettes. I gave Ryne a shot on my Vette after hearing about him though a fellow F-Body fan Will. Did some research and found out that Ryne is the "man" for the F-bodies. I also learned that he wanted to do more Vettes and that he knows Charlie personally. After looking at driving distances, my decision was made to go through Ryne to get all my work done. All I can say these guys are top notch and take the time to talk to you and treat you like one of there own. I have found a new mechanic that my Vette will only see. Not only are they my "mechanic" they also became my friends Ryne, CJ, and Mike! Sorry Mike about the finger. I still feel bad.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have been hearing a lot of good things about CMS, maybe i might get my tune there too!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Havent had the pleasure of meeting Charlie yet but as for Ryne and Will, they have both helped me out alot in getting the right parts for my h/c swap...now I just need to find the time to do the work so I can take it to Ryne for the tune.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Yeah, Honestly, Either way you go, Charlie or Ryne, you will have an excellent experience. LOL I'm just lucky I had the chance to have both of them grace my car with their experience.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
yeah i spoke to charlie on the phone about your car, he said it came in at about 380 rwhp with my tune, then he just added some timing and picked up the extra 5 rwhp....... i am not as couragous as charlie i guess. maybe sometimes i tune too safe lol, either way charlie does a excellent job.... no doubt
Yeah, it made fantastic power when I first brought it in. IIRC, Charlie said the baseline was 375whp and I was stunned because thats huge power for a stock Z06. The main reason I decided to take it there was because I was getting tired of being accused from having "secret mods" that I wasn't telling anyone about. As you've seen in my other videos, my car was taking out cars that made more whp than me on the dyno. So they swore up and down that I was either lying, or that I had mods done in the car that I didn't know about. So we decided that the best way to figure this out would be to dyno all our cars on the same dyno so we can see whats going on. And since both of the cars I beat had already been dyno'ed on RPM's dyno. I had to take mine there.

So I did and once we saw the numbers... it all made sense. Then we decided to see if we could squeeze a little more out cause I'm greedy.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i await to c what a third shop is coming out with.... coming soon................
GOOD NUMBERS BY THE WAY.....
Old 06-10-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by r1ver_rat
Sorry Mike about the finger. I still feel bad.
I talked to Mike today about that... that sucks! OUCH!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
I talked to Mike today about that... that sucks! OUCH!
LOL YA! Next time you talk to him ask him about the nurses in the hospital. I think he found a new place to hang out at!!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

Damn good for a stock Z0h !!
Old 06-11-2008, 03:56 AM
Teching In

Thanks alot guys.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its cause you posted the best gdamn avatar ever, the car blessed you with more power
Old 06-11-2008, 11:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Savior1974
Yeah, it made fantastic power when I first brought it in. IIRC, Charlie said the baseline was 375whp and I was stunned because thats huge power for a stock Z06. The main reason I decided to take it there was because I was getting tired of being accused from having "secret mods" that I wasn't telling anyone about. As you've seen in my other videos, my car was taking out cars that made more whp than me on the dyno. So they swore up and down that I was either lying, or that I had mods done in the car that I didn't know about. So we decided that the best way to figure this out would be to dyno all our cars on the same dyno so we can see whats going on. And since both of the cars I beat had already been dyno'ed on RPM's dyno. I had to take mine there.

So I did and once we saw the numbers... it all made sense. Then we decided to see if we could squeeze a little more out cause I'm greedy.
yeah i probably could have gotten that extra power out of the car with more timing, because after talking to charlie he said he was able to get a healthy amount of timing in it, i was like damn charlie i couldnt get that much timing into that car when i tuned it, so i figure it must of been better gas when charlie tuned it. but damn man you have a fluke fast car, some just come that way from the factory
Old 06-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
yeah i probably could have gotten that extra power out of the car with more timing, because after talking to charlie he said he was able to get a healthy amount of timing in it, i was like damn charlie i couldnt get that much timing into that car when i tuned it, so i figure it must of been better gas when charlie tuned it. but damn man you have a fluke fast car, some just come that way from the factory
Yeah. When I had my Evo, we always saw that 76 gasoline actually helped suppress knock the best, So I made sure to fill up on it before I went to Charlie's. I guess it works pretty good huh lol.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

man those r some good numbers...do they have any free mods for the zo6?
Old 06-11-2008, 06:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Savior1974
Yeah. When I had my Evo, we always saw that 76 gasoline actually helped suppress knock the best, So I made sure to fill up on it before I went to Charlie's. I guess it works pretty good huh lol.
it must have made a difference. believe it or not, but lately i have problems with chevron gas and cars knocking...... maybe its a new blend they went too or something
Old 06-11-2008, 06:36 PM
12 Second Club

76 is the way to go
Old 06-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
man those r some good numbers...do they have any free mods for the zo6?
The only free mods I know for the z06 is the "Ziptie Mod" which is basically removing the air box cover and using 2 zipties to secure the airfilter to the intake. This allows the car to take in more air. And lowering the car on stock bolts. There might be more, but that's all that I know of.

Quick Reply: Ryne@CMS + Charlie@RPM = Magic! (Got my C5Z06 Dynoed)