PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinions on my tune please.Sts gt67 Trans am.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 10:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default opinions on my tune please.Sts gt67 Trans am.

Hey I am running an Sts kit with the 67mm turbo. I have am running an ls6 intake, Cat delete kit,racetronix 42's and fuel pump.I think the #'s i have in the Ifr table are a bit big. The ltft's are high. I think they are compensating for it. I would like some opinions please.
Thanks,Chris. Hptuners is what i was using and have the wideband as the aem one. volts x2+10.
I can email you the tune and logs
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
hard pull.hpl (70.5 KB, 106 views)
Old 06-15-2008, 09:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's almost entirely stock! The only reason it's not LEAN-lean at WOT is that you have + LTFTs locked at like 8% and 10% on the two banks. Stock MAF table, stock VE table, all stock fueling tables, even PE...

Timing *looks* really low at 13 deg, but you didn't mention an IC or meth, so maybe it needs to be that high because of your IATs.. Not much info in your description really. Your IATs rose 53-55 degs F during those 3 gears pulled, which would be unacceptable for anything I owned and would impress the same the owner of any car that I had to tune like that. You have strong visible knock during WOT which is also absolutely unacceptable on that stock (again, a guess because there is little description) bottom end, and can end up costing you a piston or more.

I would address the high IATs before I did any more tuning or "hard pulls". You need an intercooler or meth, or better yet both. If you are running under 7psi, calibrate the MAF so that you arrive at commanded fueling. If you are running any more than 7psi, I would go to the 2-bar OS so that you don't have to cheat fuel into PE which can add some serious weather dependencies and is not boost-based at all.

Good luck with the setup.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

^^It is all mostly stock I don't know what to change. Not sure on how to calibrate the maf the histogram I have doesn't work with the 98 pcm.Basicly the ifr table and the timing maps. I am installing a water meth kit today And still need some more piping to put the twin intercooler ati set up on. There are not really any good shops I can take my car to here for tuning. The closest one is a couple hrs away. How much would you charge for a tune. Thanks,C
Old 06-15-2008, 12:06 PM
FormerVendor

I'm just here to help, not to tune, but there are many sponsors here that could certainly help you get it sorted out. Where are you located?
Old 06-15-2008, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

I am up in Calgary Alberta Canda. I just don't want to blow this up. Should I change my ifr table. I think i should reduce the size of the ifr #'s to get the fuel trims back in check before I mess with the pe or maf table. I think all the part throttle stuff and cruise should be the same as it was before. Or am I wrong in this. What size nozzle should I use for the water meth and I assume I should lean out the pe a bit while spraying.Thanks for any advice.
Ciao.C
Old 06-15-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do not fiddle with the IFRs
get them correct for your injectors and leave it alone

take your PE table and richen it up, take all of your spark table (high and low) and make them 16 degrees at the top end.

take your OL commanded fueling table and lean it out, so that PE mode takes over it.

that will get you to a shop/place to get it tuned professionally
Old 06-15-2008, 06:47 PM
12 Second Club

I am also running a racetronix hot wire fuel pump kit. I am not sure if this changes anything. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge to check. I will try and see what the fuel pressure is next week. Do the ls1's pulse width modulate the fuel pump?
Old 06-16-2008, 03:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by spaz1
....Do the ls1's pulse width modulate the fuel pump?

Nope, straight +12VDC
Old 07-06-2008, 09:45 PM
12 Second Club

hey Frost here is the latest run I added an intercooler, any idea y the maf is gittering around could it be the wastgate fluttering
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
pull up shag hill.hpl (52.6 KB, 105 views)
Old 07-06-2008, 11:01 PM
FormerVendor

you seem to be getting near commanded fueling at WOT, so why are you commanding (and getting!) like 12.34:1 under boost? Shoot for about 11.5:1 for longevity. Your IATs look fine now. How much boost are you running? That knock is no good in the top gear, it's cylinder temperature rising under boost. Fixing your AFR will get you back into safe territory. Unless your boost is some ragged edge level, I'm sure that you will be able to run more timing as well once the fueling is fixed.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:08 AM
12 Second Club

The boost is a.5 bar spring, it spikes to just over 9 and settles at around 7 psi. I have a boost controler on the back with about 5 feet of hose on it so I don't have to crawl under the back to adjust it. To compensate for the intercoolers and piping. I think I am going to take it off and see what it does, it is set in the all the way loose seting as it is. What do you think of the flutter on the maf? Could this extra hose cause the flutter on the wategate? Or is it kinda normal and it is just the way the wastgate modulates the air flow?
Like I said I am going to try the short piece of hose to the wastgate and hope that fixes the maf dance.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:20 AM
FormerVendor

It's not unusual to see that kind of flutter.

Really though, get that AFR down into the mid 11s, not mid 12s. You should be able to run a steady 14 deg (or a touch more) with that setup once the AFR is in line.