Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

watch out (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default watch out (long)

for TNT POWDER COATING in bradenton Florida. i dropped some stuff off to be ceramic coated a few weeks back and was promised a week turn around time

so after a week i call. he said he didn't get a chance to get to them but was going to do them over the weekend and to call back monday. i call him monday and he says to call tuesday, i call tuesday and he says wednesday. on wednesday he says they will be ready for pickup friday morning.. i call friday at 11am and he said he was sand blasting them next and to call around 3:30..

i give him until 4 and then i call. he said he was not going to have them done today, so i asked "when are you going to get my **** done i need it and i am waiting on you" "i was promised 1 week and now your playing games, when my **** will be done"

he promises to stay late and get them done. he said to be at his shop at 7:00.. i get there at 630 and he is nowhere to be found. but there is a note on the door that says "On Vacation, will be back in july"

ohh i was hot, i wanted to smash his knees with a bat. i then call his cell phone, it rings about 5 times then goes to his voice mail so i leave a message..

5 minutes later i call again and it goes strait to voice mail meaning he turned it off.. i then call the shop remembering it has his wife's cell number on the recording, so i call it.. she answers so i ask if Richard was there, she asked who was calling so i tell her steve. the phone goes silent for about 10 seconds then "umm no, he uhh he is at his other job..." so i ask "can you come down to the shop and get me my stuff" she reply "umm i dont have a key anymore, he uhh changed the locks and i dont work with him anymore"

now im really concerned about my parts

i ask "where does he work, i need my stuff tonight ive tried his cell he wont answer" she avoids the question and with "he cant have his phone at work they make him lock it up.. i ugh gotta go...."

i look in the phone book for a "Richard Torres" there is not one, so i get his wifes name from the shop message and call their house.. no answer..

at 11PM i call his cell phone and a kid answers the phone, so i ask "is your dad there" i get "who is calling" i reply "steve" he says "hold on a second" a few seconds of silence go by with some mumbling in the backgroung "umm no he is at work" they kid hangs up..

so how in the hell did the kid answer the phone if his phone is "locked up at work"

now i know 100% he is trying to scam/avoid me

i call back again and no answer so i leave a message on his cell phone saying "if i don't have my parts by tomorrow morning i will be forced to take legal action"

i end up going out with a few ppl to take my mind off of this, i end up going home and passing out at 330am.. i get a phone call at 4am but i was laying on my phone so i didnt hear it ring. i wake up at 7am and check my messages. he says "if you want your parts come by the shop tomorrow, they will be behind the building under a brown Tupperware container"

so im thinking great now my parts are being left outside and he is going to claim they were stolen or some dumb ****.. i go there first thing in the morning and luckily they were there.. it is 100% the worst experience i have ever had with a company..

now they are at RevX where they should have went to begin with.
i went to the other place because i thought revX was still in tampa and didnt want to drive the extra 45minutes and now im 3 weeks behind on my ****, plus multiple tanks of gas running back and forth.

if you ever need headers or exhaust ceramic coated go to RevXtreme in Sarasota or FX exhaust in Orlando..

end rant

the people at revxtreme are great
i called revx saturday morning to see if they were going to be there and terrys wife answers the phone, i tell her my situation and she could hardly believe what had happened. she offered to drive down to his shop and get my parts for me. i decline the generous offer because i wanted to make sure all my pipes were there and was hoping to run into him.. i ended up going to revx today, she offered to meet me half way (60 miles total) so i could save on gas, but i didnt want to inconvenience them so i just drove up there..
Old 06-16-2008, 11:18 PM
12 Second Club

shitty bro, glad you got your stuff back. Now get your **** together so I can get my **** tuned! LOL
Old 06-16-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris Gage
shitty bro, glad you got your stuff back. Now get your **** together so I can get my **** tuned! LOL
hey i talked to mike the other day and i am mailing him my PCM for a mail tune to hold me over until he comes down. then i have to wait for my car to come back from TP before i can get my dyno tune done.. hopefully within the next month or so we will be good to go...

so chris do you think i can hit the 500 mark with 8lbs and meth???
Old 06-17-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

i almost sent out a frame and a bunch of other motorcycle parts to him, but from the sound of his voice and how unsure he was about everything i went with a guy in englewood
Old 06-17-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

wow. the ***** on some people just blows my mind.

revenge.... be creative.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would never
Old 06-17-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

that guy is a complete douche, i would go by and visit him and be like...."whats up?" and then see what happens next
Old 06-18-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow to big of a coward to even give you your parts back face to face.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

HOLY ****!!

I am SO glad you got your parts back.

You are suppose to be my buddy on this build! haha. Anyways, I will be starting on mine this week, and will post a lot of pics.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by presto_z
hey i talked to mike the other day and i am mailing him my PCM for a mail tune to hold me over until he comes down. then i have to wait for my car to come back from TP before i can get my dyno tune done.. hopefully within the next month or so we will be good to go...

so chris do you think i can hit the 500 mark with 8lbs and meth???

Sounds like a dyno challenge at Aftermath.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

those scumbags
Old 06-19-2008, 12:25 AM
12 Second Club

chris @ fx is a top notch guy, i would have went there first
Old 06-19-2008, 05:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Hennytime
+1, he did my parts, including the exhaust housings.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by candapifer
Sounds like a dyno challenge at Aftermath.

Forget teh dyno challenge, lets see what happens at the track...

Steve, I think you are going to need more the 8#'s. You have stock heads and are you swapping the cam?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would have called the BBB about his *** luckly you got your parts back too thought bro btw I'm Matt and I live on the east coast in Jupiter. WTF was he trying to pull?
Old 06-19-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that dude sounds like a real POS! glad it worked out (kinda) for you.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hennytime
i was planning on it originally, but i was trying to be a cheap *** and save on gas.. turns out going back and forth to bradenton cost me even more..

candapifer (chris) had his stuff done there

Originally Posted by Chris Gage
Forget teh dyno challenge, lets see what happens at the track...

Steve, I think you are going to need more the 8#'s. You have stock heads and are you swapping the cam?
i was planning on swapping the cam eventually, but the more i think about it the more i think i should do it now. if you know of a decent used one for sale that will work good with boost let me know, i have cash in hand.. a 99 firebird in pontiac performance hit 485rwhp on 7lbs bone stock (i think he was geared and stalled, so with the meth and the LS6 intake i should be pretty damn close, especially since im ditching those 3.73's..

im always up for a race, you just gotta let me get a few runs in before hand.. im a newb at the track lol ohh and some tires hehe

maybe we can do some interstate runs beforehand.. hooray for 2.73's
Old 06-19-2008, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

if u want a budget FI cam, get yourself a LS7 cam.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:46 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by presto_z
i was planning on it originally, but i was trying to be a cheap *** and save on gas.. turns out going back and forth to bradenton cost me even more..

candapifer (chris) had his stuff done there

i was planning on swapping the cam eventually, but the more i think about it the more i think i should do it now. if you know of a decent used one for sale that will work good with boost let me know, i have cash in hand.. a 99 firebird in pontiac performance hit 485rwhp on 7lbs bone stock (i think he was geared and stalled, so with the meth and the LS6 intake i should be pretty damn close, especially since im ditching those 3.73's..

im always up for a race, you just gotta let me get a few runs in before hand.. im a newb at the track lol ohh and some tires hehe

maybe we can do some interstate runs beforehand.. hooray for 2.73's
I can spec you a bad-*** cam for your car. If you want give me a call and we can discuss some specs.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

ill give ya a shout sometime this weekend.. you know if i get one you have to help me install it

Quick Reply: watch out (long)