Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Help finding an LS1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help finding an LS1 swap

I have been looking like crazy for a complete swap for a reasonable price. Ebay, craig's list, websites, everything, where ever I go, and anyone I talk to. It has been extremely frustrating. I am still in school but working full time. I have an e30 BMW that I am going to put the LS1/2/6 in. I have the complete suspension and 5 lug big brake conversion. Just got a set of e46 M3 wheels for it 18x8 and 18x9. But with July quickly approaching I'm worried about getting the project done. I don't want to ride my bike in February. I have planned out everything, but track season sending the price of an LS1 up an extra grand. I sold my Audi to help fund the project. Anyone know where I can get a set up. Looking for everything drive shaft to petals to radiator for under 4,000 preferably as close to 3,000 as possible. Lower the better. Gotta have a 6 speed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by ggoodling
I have been looking like crazy for a complete swap for a reasonable price. Ebay, craig's list, websites, everything, where ever I go, and anyone I talk to. It has been extremely frustrating. I am still in school but working full time. I have an e30 BMW that I am going to put the LS1/2/6 in. I have the complete suspension and 5 lug big brake conversion. Just got a set of e46 M3 wheels for it 18x8 and 18x9. But with July quickly approaching I'm worried about getting the project done. I don't want to ride my bike in February. I have planned out everything, but track season sending the price of an LS1 up an extra grand. I sold my Audi to help fund the project. Anyone know where I can get a set up. Looking for everything drive shaft to petals to radiator for under 4,000 preferably as close to 3,000 as possible. Lower the better. Gotta have a 6 speed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
i THINK ITS GONNA BE REALLY HARD TO FIND A GOOD LOW MILED COMPLETE SWAP FOR THAT PRICE ! WE HAVE A FRESH REBUILT LS1 WITH NEW RINGS PISTONS ALL NEW BEARINGS THE HEADS HAVE BEEN REWORKED BETTER VALVE SPRINGS 600 LIFT CAM.YOU CAN BUYTHAT FOR $2000.00
WE ALSO HAVE THE WIRING HARNESS AND COMPUTER!

Last edited by Indukted1; 06-20-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:30 AM
9 Second Club

if you went auto that would be more realistic. the 6spd seems to double the cost of the swap by the time you are all set and done.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Launching!

over winter i had mine up for 3500 for complete ls1/t56 swap and nobody bit on it so i bought a turd gen to put it in now...good luck in your search
Old 06-20-2008, 11:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a 2000 trans am Ws6 for 5K that had been rearended. I am sure you can find an ls1/t56 for 3500$
And if you get an ls1 4l60e it should be even cheaper. I dont know where you've been looking. I can but full pullouts from the reputable junkyards around here for that much.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Can you give me some junk yard names? I have gone through everyone in VA and haven't come up with much. I would be willing to travel with in reason for the right price. You could sell me you swap and sell your third gen? Just kidding, good luck with your swap. I see auto's going for less with 2,500 all day. There is one in Richmond on Craig's list right now actually. Has everything and the guy is willing to deliver.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

Can you give me some junk yard names? I have gone through everyone in VA and haven't come up with much. I would be willing to travel with in reason for the right price. You could sell me you swap and sell your third gen? Just kidding, good luck with your swap. I see auto's going for less with 2,500 all day. There is one in Richmond on Craig's list right now actually. Has everything and the guy is willing to deliver.
go to www.car-parts.com

That will give you a listing of all the junkyards in the area carrying the parts you want. The Ls1/t56 pullout is pretty common
Old 06-21-2008, 07:02 AM
10 Second Club

this seems like a good price considering what it comes with:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MESE:IT&ih=005