Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me pick my kit!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 11:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help me pick my kit!!

hey guys i desided to get some spray and i need help with a kit.
fisrt i dont know if i need a wet or dry kit i know the difference between the two but i dont know whats best for me.
this list is from nitrous dave's and it's what i figured i need for a dry kit to start out. i dont want to spray more than a 100 shot.
my car has just a lid exhaust and tune and has gone 12.9xx so how much quicker will i run on a 100 shot? i have a lot of suspention mods so i think the car will hook best 60 ft so far has been a 1.9 flat.

NO-00-10201 98-02 LS1 Based Motors Dual Nozzle Dry Nitrous System $469.99
NO-00-6100 Digital Dual Window Switch $129.00
NO-00-6200 Nitrous Outlet -4 Purge Kit $99.00
NO-00-6300-4 Nitrous Outlet Nitrous Pressure Gauge w/-4 Manifold $43.00 NO-00-11005 '98-'02 F-Body Ash Tray Switch Panel $59.99

im not shure on what i need for the wet kit. help me out guys and thanks
Old 06-23-2008, 01:50 AM
12 Second Club

If you're only going to spray a smallish shot then dry's the way to go IMO. Add a heater to your list. I just finally got one and it honestly should have been one of the first things I bought. They really are worth it to have.

As for how fast will it go...I'd expect it to go low 12s.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default good chose

Dont drive your self crazy, wet dry big small go with the kit you have listed and you will be happy and youll have fun with it.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:13 AM
FormerVendor

We would be more then happy to help you out and set you up with one of our kits. Give us a call and we can work you through everything you need including the base kit and supporting accessories.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by shaun
NO-00-6300-4 Nitrous Outlet Nitrous Pressure Gauge w/-4 Manifold $43.00 NO-00-11005 '98-'02 F-Body Ash Tray Switch Panel $59.99

Other than making sure you have enough fueling to over you spraying the dry shot the only other thing I'd suggest would be to get a FPSS and a -4 cap. This away if you see the pressure in the rails drop it will cut tthe kit off potentially saving the motor. If you think you might run into fueling problems i'd first check the injector duty cycle and if it's over 85% you might have to start thinking about upgrading the injectors. For the pump I'd go to a Racetronix system. It will net you fueling capable of supporting around 650rwhp.

-Chris
Old 06-23-2008, 10:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
We would be more then happy to help you out and set you up with one of our kits. Give us a call and we can work you through everything you need including the base kit and supporting accessories.
Guys must be hurting for buisness these days.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:12 PM
FormerVendor

hey guys i desided to get some spray and i need help with a kit.
fisrt i dont know if i need a wet or dry kit i know the difference between the two but i dont know whats best for me.
this list is from nitrous dave's and it's what i figured i need for a dry kit to start out. i dont want to spray more than a 100 shot.
my car has just a lid exhaust and tune and has gone 12.9xx so how much quicker will i run on a 100 shot? i have a lot of suspention mods so i think the car will hook best 60 ft so far has been a 1.9 flat.

Check out these specials as well... https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/934999-nitrous-outlet-summer-time-specials.html

Byunspeed can honor these as well.
Dave
Old 06-24-2008, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

i like my wet nx kit very happy with that
Old 06-24-2008, 09:22 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Guys must be hurting for business these days.
Dave, I know you’ve have felt threatened by our technical knowledge and products since day one, but the comments are not necessary. I did not realize the nitrous section is yours, in fact I thought you made up your own nitrous forum just to avoid being embarrassed by us. I wasn’t aware I’m not allowed to offer our services to someone looking for a kit, I never saw “help me pick a NO kit” in the subject. You should know back door-ing when you seen it, you are the king after all. Maybe you can get him on the phone and **** talk about our products as well. Some may consider that "unmoral" as you would put it in your eloquent prose.

Since you are so concerned about us, as you'll notice I haven’t been posting much lately. I am sure in your excellent wisdom you can think of a reason for which I would be in the shop all day long rather than having our entire team sitting at a computer all day with nothing to do. No need to worry about us Dave, business is absolutely great, selling and designing more and more products every day.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:38 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
Dave, I know you’ve have felt threatened by our technical knowledge and products since day one, but the comments are not necessary. I did not realize the nitrous section is yours, in fact I thought you made up your own nitrous forum just to avoid being embarrassed by us. I wasn’t aware I’m not allowed to offer our services to someone looking for a kit, I never saw “help me pick a NO kit” in the subject. You should know back door-ing when you seen it, you are the king after all. Maybe you can get him on the phone and **** talk about our products as well. Some may consider that "unmoral" as you would put it in your eloquent prose.

Since you are so concerned about us, as you'll notice I haven’t been posting much lately. I am sure in your excellent wisdom you can think of a reason for which I would be in the shop all day long rather than having our entire team sitting at a computer all day with nothing to do. No need to worry about us Dave, business is absolutely great, selling and designing more and more products every day.

Mike, I am not going to argue with a little kid. Us grown up sponsors normally have what we call common curtisy. This is when we do not purposly go in a thread where a individual is either asking about another sponsors product or talking to another sponsor. They talk about this is the private sponsor section all the time. Its not something written in stone but there are ethics to working together. Certain actions normaly show a sign of desperate times or just maybe no respect for other sponsors.

As for our technical forum and the fact I have tech advisors answering questions on the forums.

Our technical forum www.nitroustech.com is strictly another source of customer service to our customers. It was designed so that I could gather technical information to help others as well as a place to ask technical questions and get fast knowledgable answers. We have a much larger customer base than LS1tech. Not everyone is as lucky to have a board like LS1tech to get help at. Our technical forum is for all of our customers. Not just the GM crowd.

As for My tech staff asnwering tech questions on the board. They do this why working phones. We have 5 phone lines in this building. They are lite up pretty much all day. We actualy answer our phones and provide fast knowleadge customer service. No email me and get a email ticket crap. I can not begin to tell you how many of your customers call us looking for someone that actually knows what the hell they are talking about. Or just simply was in a bind and needed someone to answer the phone. Hell you should start cutting us a check for providing a service to your customers you can not provide.

As for **** talking about your products. This is not something we do. Now if someone ask a question about something we do answer it to our best knowledge and if I do not like something I am not afraid to say so.

If I were to **** talk your products I would make a post telling all and with my knowledge and all the technical info I have to back up my opinions everyone would know just as much as I.

Naaaa I want do that because that would not be very nice would it?

Instead Im just going to let you ramble on with the next post and I am not going to respond to any of your BS childish claims.. We both know you have more free time than us because we are actually busy providing customer service...

Have a good day...
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 06-24-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:59 AM
FormerVendor

not sure where it says, help me pick my NO kit. Again i forgot this was nitro daves nitrous section. if you are doing so well, why are you so concerned about me offering our products on a site we pay to be on. Do i really have to dig up the TONS of threads you posted your sales pitches in where a customer was SPEFICALLY asking about our products.

Dave, i have nothing left to say to you. I have tried to work with you for quite some time now but you obviously have no respect for us. I totally forgot all the rules of ethics apply to everyone BUT nitro dave. You accuse us countless times of this BS and yet relentlessly do it yourself.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfr2CgIPhg
Old 06-24-2008, 11:08 AM
FormerVendor

Ray, i wish you were the boss man, i got nothing but respect for you and you know that. your a good man.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Awwwwwwww See how The King can bring unity.

-Chris
Old 06-24-2008, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

sorry i asked for help lmao. maybe you guys should sit in a closed room together and crack open a nitrous bottle and work it out lol.
back to the kit i will go with a dry kit. my car is close to stock so i think the injectors will be fine and i dont think i want to start with fuel system upgrade's and adding more cost to it. ill talk to my tuner and see if he could tell me about the injector duty cycle. thanks guys.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:41 PM
FormerVendor

sorry i asked for help lmao. maybe you guys should sit in a closed room together and crack open a nitrous bottle and work it out lol.
back to the kit i will go with a dry kit. my car is close to stock so i think the injectors will be fine and i dont think i want to start with fuel system upgrade's and adding more cost to it. ill talk to my tuner and see if he could tell me about the injector duty cycle. thanks guys.
haha your not kidding. I appologize if you were ONLY interested in a nitrous outlet kit. I took your post to mean you were looking for help on a kit in general and i would have been more then happy to help you out. IF i was wrong, i appologize to you for offering help (if that makes sense)
Old 06-24-2008, 05:52 PM
11 Second Club

It is hard to get ahold of HSW on the phone. But they answer their emails very quickly, And do whatever they can to help you with your problem no matter what it is. Some people may just get pissed off sooner because somebody isnt waiting at the phone 24/7 at a shop were their building cars. And the original Nitrous outlet post would honestly make me not want to purchase products for them. THAT was very unprofessional. The man asked help me pick my kit, not help me put together my Nitrous Outlet Kit
Old 06-24-2008, 06:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SuperSlow02
It is hard to get ahold of HSW on the phone. But they answer their emails very quickly, And do whatever they can to help you with your problem no matter what it is. Some people may just get pissed off sooner because somebody isnt waiting at the phone 24/7 at a shop were their building cars. And the original Nitrous outlet post would honestly make me not want to purchase products for them. THAT was very unprofessional. The man asked help me pick my kit, not help me put together my Nitrous Outlet Kit
The original poster was asking questions about our products. In the past all the sponors had ethics towards each other.. In a case like that one sponsor would let the other sponsor answer the questions isntead of trying to redirect them.. For example for post where people are asking for Harris products or about Harris products we do not post trying to devert away from Harris. Its common curtisy.

I should have taken it to pm. But I did not Instead a Posted the roll eyes...
Dave
Old 06-24-2008, 06:14 PM
FormerVendor

I appologize for my comments in your thread. I just could not help myself. I have a bad habbit of calling it how I see it...

Thanks
Dave
Old 06-24-2008, 06:34 PM
FormerVendor

Being a 98 model car you will have 98lb injectors. Being that they are original duty cycle may very due to age.

With the stock injectors and stock fuel pump on a stock car you should be good for about 75-100 HP.

Dave