Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hypertech power programmer...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hypertech power programmer...

whats the best way to tune my camaro with one of these things? like what should i set the shifts to and firmness etc...
Old 06-24-2008, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

You really can't tune with this thing, I have one, its basically for shift points and firmness, temps, etc...

Its does have a somewhat decent tune you can install though, it is pretty basic.

-Rick
Old 06-24-2008, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

well how do you have yours set...mine seems to be good but i want the most out of it as possible...what tune are you talking about?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:43 AM
On The Tree

Hypertech is junk IMO, used one on my 94 i had. decided to go with superchips this round and like it better, got a little more in-depth with the superchips then the hypertech. just my $.02
Old 06-25-2008, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nick_Rapitis
whats the best way to tune my camaro with one of these things? like what should i set the shifts to and firmness etc...
I know this thing takes a while to program the car... unless they changed it/updated it from back in the day.

honestly, play with it. if you don't like one setting, change it... go higher or lower and you can put it where you like.

yes, honestly the hypertech anything is crap compared to getting a real tune from efi live or hptuners and a great tuner, BUT, he is asking questions about his already purchased hpp3 programmer. so above is my answer, idk how it programs, but i would take the default value in the computer and up it 15%-20% i would say... could be wrong
Old 06-25-2008, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

well what would you all recommend then that isnt too expensive and isnt too extensive
Old 06-25-2008, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

If you have an a4 be carefull with the shift firmness settings. All the hpp does is ramp the line pressure up, and the stock tranny may or may not appreciate that.

For best results you will be better off selling your hpp and putting that towards a good tune. Might wait until you do a cam swap or heads, but the hpp leaves alot on the table.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:31 AM
TECH Resident

either just go get a tune for around $325-$450 depening on tuner and what you want done, or buy EFI Live or HPTuners and start tuning and talking up here or if you are lucky you will have a GREAT tuner help you with your tune and only pay him half the cost or something like that
Old 06-27-2008, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car came with one. The power tune on it is junk. My car felt slower and I got terrible terrible gas mileage.

Although I'm not really sure if it was JUST the Hypertech. My car also had a garbade granatelli maf on it.

I took both off at the same time. Gained power, gained mpg, and the car idled better.

Actually I think both the granatelli and the hypertech are crap imo. The only thing that granatelli makes worth a damn really is their lid and thats just a copy anyway.