Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Carrie LIVES!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Carrie LIVES!!

fkk titty *** cooch earhole yeah! she's alive! man this has been the LOONGEST i have ever gone without her 7 months! SEVEN!!! started her up at 9 pm tonight was having trouble getting oil pressure up to the turbo, had to spin the engine over for about what seemd like hours. finally got pressure going nice 40 psi at idle (that's the norm for that engine i guess since ever since i bought it it's been 40, i know some people idle at like 55 psi) anyways got the car turned on had it idling for about 15 minutes just trying to rub my dick down from all the excitment that was going through my head omg it was the greatest...... i' needed this BADLY this car has drained all my emotions with all the up's and downs. i was just running on hate now. but heheheheh it feels like a great weight has been lifted off of my now!

anyways of course Carrie wouldnt be Carrie if i didnt have more problems to fix. first i need to clean all the oil off of the lines to make sure i tightened them up enough, then need to make sure i am not passing oil through the seals, hopefully not but it was hard to tell with it being so dark outside. uhm lets see what else, oh the odometer dosnt light up now and my water temp guage isnt working now either, ECT sensor works cuss i unplugged it while it was running and the car's rev's went up about 200 revs instantly. anyways i'm just excited the damn thing turned on finally, i'll get pix and **** when theres more light and i fix that oil leak.....

HEHEHEHEHH!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

we need pictures.............
Old 06-30-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol i know i know it was to dark outside thought lol i'm so high in cloud 99 right now lol
Old 06-30-2008, 09:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

vids or it never happened...

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 06-30-2008, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Superman09
vids or it never happened...
You've been talking about this on the boards for forever. Can't wait to see some vids and pics. Congrats
Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol yall are so harsh! now i see how my own medicine feels like!

well i can give some details to hopefully hold yall guys over alil

it's a stock short block 346 with arp head studs 3 MLS head gaskets topped with 317 heads rockin patriot gold with tsp 7.400 pushrods being bossed around by the stock cam. it inhales from a ls6 intake being huffed on by the TC76 F1 turbo .96 A/R with NORMAL mounted stock 01 formula manifolds, a 2.5 inch crossover pipe from the driver to the passeneger side feeds a log style merge pipe (3 inches) snaking it's way under the compressor thanks to the BMR turbo K-member installed. it lands the turbo right infront of the water pump sandwiched by a griffen radiator with 2 puller fans (proform brand) with a 160 tstat and a shiney speedinc valve breather.

still need to work the vac hoses to the tial 50 mm BOV and 44mm WG plumbed through a ebay intercooler feeding the maf-less engine air while the motron 60 pounders do the fuel squirts

hopefully i can skip work or somthing cuss i am so excited lol
Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by reject
lol yall are so harsh! now i see how my own medicine feels like!
well i can give some details to hopefully hold yall guys over alil

it's a stock short block 346 with arp head studs 3 MLS head gaskets topped with 317 heads rockin patriot gold with tsp 7.400 pushrods being bossed around by the stock cam. it inhales from a ls6 intake being huffed on by the TC76 F1 turbo .96 A/R with NORMAL mounted stock 01 formula manifolds, a 2.5 inch crossover pipe from the driver to the passeneger side feeds a log style merge pipe (3 inches) snaking it's way under the compressor thanks to the BMR turbo K-member installed. it lands the turbo right infront of the water pump sandwiched by a griffen radiator with 2 puller fans (proform brand) with a 160 tstat and a shiney speedinc valve breather.

still need to work the vac hoses to the tial 50 mm BOV and 44mm WG plumbed through a ebay intercooler feeding the maf-less engine air while the motron 60 pounders do the fuel squirts

hopefully i can skip work or somthing cuss i am so excited lol
So, to keep things rolling.....

Really interested to see what it looks like
Old 06-30-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

can't wait to see some pics.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol you guys are awsome! just wanted to say thanks to all of yall BTW since this is my first time doing this **** and learned all of it by reading yalls threads. my turbo cherry has been popped
Old 06-30-2008, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i told you to get a damn video and some pics
Old 06-30-2008, 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

fine i will stage it my "first" start up
Old 06-30-2008, 11:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by reject
fine i will stage it my "first" start up
Damn...it's not posted yet! Sleep's for pussies.....get some floodlights and take some pics for crying out loud

Seriously, can't wait to see the pics/vids. It sounds like a pretty nifty setup.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

lol went to sleep at 2 am and woke up at 5 so obviously i dont sleep

right now i just have it with like maybe a couple feet of down pipe and the thing is LOUD! not as loud as when i had my MS4 but still pretty loud lol.

when i go to work i'm going to pick up a couple of gaskets cuss i just bolted all the pipes and manifolds without gaskets just to make sure the oil lines and such were not going to leak all over the place.

AAAAAARG i really want to play instead of work! maybe if i start coughing they will let me leave early? bwahahahahahah *cough*

*cough cough*
Old 07-01-2008, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it is anything like my work, then they will not let you leave....Congrats on getting everyting done. Any power #'s that you are looking for and track times
Old 07-01-2008, 07:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

they may not allow me to leave, but that wont stop me from going to autozone and stuff in the work truck to buy stuff for Carrie

honestly i'm just looking for what ever it will give me

i want 500 right now since it's the stock block but honestly in a few months i'll turn it up more to see how long the stock block will last on high boost hehehehehe! i just want to drive this thing, it's been so long

*** forgot to mention that it has the 8 psi spring in the gate right now
Old 07-01-2008, 07:59 AM
9 Second Club

your piping sounds like the way i was going to do mine. im curious to see how it looks. so put that bitch in the air and take some ******* pics! until you do stay out of this thread
Old 07-01-2008, 08:44 AM
11 Second Club

Haha thats awesome dude. Get some pics/vids when you can.
I'm in the same boat as you. Been working on mine for about 7 months as well and I'm scheduled for the first start/basic SD tune at the local tuner on 7/12. I've still got some odds and ends to get back together before trailering it up there, but I hear ya on the emotional drain. Seems like it's always something and its taken alot longer than I'd planned for sure, but man, hearing about how ecstatic you are about it, I can't wait to feel that way here in 11 days!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok i took a quick vid on my CELLPHONE so the quality isnt all that great, but it shows you how the pipes were ran so yall have a better understanding. the camera makes it sounds all dump truck like but it sounds way smoother and more quieter than the video makes it to be.

so anyways today i was working on the car and i found i have a leak in the stupid oil pan were i had my old bung at........think JB weld would take care of it? the hole is super high like almost level with the starter, above oil level, i think it just leaks when oil is slung on the sides but anyways i think JB would work right?????? RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

i got the guages to work again, stupid 15 amp fuse on the side of the console.

the wideband i think i need to run more pipeing cuss the AFR is all skewed out, says i'm at 10:1 AFR on idle.... but it's like less than a foot away from the end of the DP so i know it's not reading correctly like it should.

oh yeah forgot, heres the video
View Video on FQuick

again this is just to show the pipes not the sound!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats bro I'm happy for you!!!! My car was down for seven months also during the build. It was well worth the wait. Get ready for a new addiction to boost. Sucks the gas costs so much now.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol the gas thing i'm used to, daily drive a 93 big bertha burban, lol not MPG friendly

i'm getting the info on the threaded IAT sensor since i messed up my rubber and might as well just get threaded so that dosnt happen again

i hope i can get the stupid problems fixed before the end of this weekend, thankfully we have the 4th off so that means i'll be able to work on it more. the quicker i can get all the little bugs fixed the faster it can go to the tuner to get dialed in correctly, then the faster it can go to the paint shop to get a new coat of silver sunoco hood looking alil bare there! lol

Quick Reply: Carrie LIVES!!