LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car stumbles when you hit brake???????

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car stumbles when you hit brake???????

ok ive searched and searched and it seems no one post what there problem ended up being...... I have a 94 lt1 .060 all forged and a t-trim, fully ported heads, the works.

My problem is when the car is cold is runs perfect, when it heats up it surges and not all the power is there. I get no SES lights and i cant afford a real time scanner.... the opti was new when i put the motor together about 700 miles ago..ECM tested good, coil also, wires are new and not burnt.. PLugs could be smoked due to being too rich. IF the O2's are bad.. I just need some input. Also when i hit the brake when slowing down the rpms drop hard then i have to give it gas to keep it alive. Also the battery guage reads very low.

HELP ME
Old 07-09-2008, 06:17 AM
On The Tree

ummm....sooooo anyone?????
Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 AM
12 Second Club

check vacuum lines and alternator voltage output... i would check vacuum lines first because the alternator doesn't care if it's hot or cold... so i really don't think it is a charging problem...

Do you have underdrive pulleys?
What cam do you have?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxtreme36
ok ive searched and searched and it seems no one post what there problem ended up being...... I have a 94 lt1 .060 all forged and a t-trim, fully ported heads, the works.

My problem is when the car is cold is runs perfect, when it heats up it surges and not all the power is there. I get no SES lights and i cant afford a real time scanner.... the opti was new when i put the motor together about 700 miles ago..ECM tested good, coil also, wires are new and not burnt.. PLugs could be smoked due to being too rich. IF the O2's are bad.. I just need some input. Also when i hit the brake when slowing down the rpms drop hard then i have to give it gas to keep it alive. Also the battery guage reads very low.

HELP ME

Well you have answered your own questions basically, Motor runs fine cold then when it gets to operating temp runs crappy= Bad 02's (Going into closed loop) You ask why no SES light, Your light will not trigger until O2' are completely out not dieing..Low voltage, The PCM requires not only a minimy of app 11.8 -12.2 volts it also needs the proper amperage to function properly..
Old 07-09-2008, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

thats what i figd, ive checked all the vacuum lines and they are all secure and solid...as far as the cam its a mild blower cam 597 final lift with 115lsa. No underdrive just the t-tim....please keep the comments coming
Old 07-09-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

my car does almost the same thing...some people have said my IAC needs to be cleaned(as far as the almost dying when coming to a stop). i am ordering a cable this week for my laptop so i can look at true info values and see what all of my sensors are doing. I'm pretty sure in my case that i need new o2's though. Try unhooking them and driving the car, im planning on doing that later today or tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:44 AM
On The Tree

well ive done the unhooking thing and it seems better for awhile and then it starts acting funny again every now and then... Where is the IAC?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the throttle body. Check your voltage output at the battery with the car running. It should be at least 14V.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clean your Mass air. Could be something simple like that.
Also the Plugs might not be burned but may be arching off the headers.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

i know the wires are all good, had them off already. so ill check the IAC and the voltage....i need all the options out there..lol

Quick Reply: Car stumbles when you hit brake???????