Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for some sound advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for some sound advice

I Own A 06 Cts-v Ls2 And Am Bored With The 400bhp And 395btq. I Am Willing To Invest 3,500 In All The Needed Parts And Accessories From The Roota To The Toota (*** And Nose Of A Pig). Also, Reliability And Safety Are My #1 Concerns. My Second Concern Is Stealth From The Dealership. Ie: Don't Want To Void Wrrnty. I Know Some Of U Guys Are Sick Witted And Crafty. Any Imput Will Be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks In Advance.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

Buy the money maker kit from nitrous daves. Every thing is hidden inside the manifold so you just have to hide the bottle/line/electrical.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

hell, for $3500 dave will install the kit, tune it and you will still have money left over for tires and suspension.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
FormerVendor

we could definitley hook you up with a killer kit and come in way under your budget.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Junkie

I would buy a dry kit and buy an extra intake tube where you drilled into for the dry shot. You can out it back to stock quick and would make the V wake up quite a bit.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
I would buy a dry kit and buy an extra intake tube where you drilled into for the dry shot. You can out it back to stock quick and would make the V wake up quite a bit.
im liken where ur going with this...whats up with the air filter that has a direct spray nozzle?..any good?...im only looking for a max 75/100 shot and would like to be able to dissconnect everything in under a few hours incase of any issues. are there any really sneaky switches/units to operate a bottle opener, heater, purge, and arm switch with maybe a wot activated slnoid with a safty shutoff.. ie: fuel pressure drop/ rpm to low. i've been out of this end of the game for quite a few yrs and i know the technology has come a long way in the past 5 yrs. i honestly think i could get away with a car show only setup as i know the srvmgr at my dealership and he will over look certain things. we both attned the same area car shows and he would understand why i would do it with maybe a purge comming out of the caddy crest in the front mesh. ...where do u think we can go from here?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:03 AM
FormerVendor

you could always run our dry plate with the interface. remains fairly hidden and would pop off in just a few minutes. no holes to drill or anything
Old 07-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jerrad
Buy the money maker kit from nitrous daves. Every thing is hidden inside the manifold so you just have to hide the bottle/line/electrical.
i see what ur saying but thats def a perm mod. and in now way could i hide that kind of install if i severly detonated.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
you could always run our dry plate with the interface. remains fairly hidden and would pop off in just a few minutes. no holes to drill or anything

could u send link to that kit and said parts? ty
Old 07-10-2008, 12:13 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MikeNice
could u send link to that kit and said parts? ty
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=398&page=1

simply bolts up between the throttle body and intake manifold.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

[QUOTE=MikeNice;9709574]im liken where ur going with this...whats up with the air filter that has a direct spray nozzle?..any good?...im only looking for a max 75/100 shot and would like to be able to dissconnect everything in under a few hours incase of any issues. are there any really sneaky switches/units to operate a bottle opener, heater, purge, and arm switch with maybe a wot activated slnoid with a safty shutoff.. ie: fuel pressure drop/ rpm to low. i've been out of this end of the game for quite a few yrs and i know the technology has come a long way in the past 5 yrs. QUOTE]

The recommendation above is the route to go for the size shot you want. Buy an extra intake tube - modify it with the nozzle, keep the stock tube in the garage and easy to swap out you would never know! Go with one fo our single nozzle wet or dry kits. Dry would do the trick for you and less parts to install.

Switch you could go with this and mount it or just keep it in your glove box or center console:
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=88

And for the latest technolgy for safety an RPM window switch and a Lean Shutsdown Switch:
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=67
and
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=288

Dean
Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since your concern is stealth install and I would assume easy to remove if you went into the dealer for warrenty work I would suggest our WET plate system. With this system you will not have accesss spliced into wires in your system other than Tac signal and RPM. No need for extra pcm tunning as air fuel can easily be adjusted by changing out the fuel pill. This means no chance of elecronic devices failing and simple clean install with ease of tuning.

We did a install for vette magazine with our plate system. Everything was put on weather pack connectors for easy removal. Recently the owner sold the car. I removed the system in less than 30 minutes with out hacking it up. We will easily be able to put it on his next car with out taking all the time it did the first time.

If you were to take it in for warrenty you could just remove the obvious in a matter of 20 minutes or so and put it back on when you get it back.

Here is the vette we did.
http://www.nitroustech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420

Keep in mind keeping it simple normally leads to less headache and less chance of failure. You could purchase the best product on the market and have one very nice install for around a 1,000 or so. Going with a higher quality system will provide less posibility of product failure.

If I can help in any way let me know. There are also some pictures here on tech of CSTV with our plate systems installed. As well as our hidden dry kits.
Dave
Old 07-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Banned

Thanks Alot Dynotune And Dave You Both Have Me Leaning Toward Going Forward With A System For Sure. I Like The Dry Setup Idea As It's Less To Worry About Pertaining To Fuel Faliure. But I'm Still Not Sure Of The Pro's And Cons Of A Dry System. Also, I Cant Believe With Plug And Play Technology, That Nothing Exists In This Efi Day And Age. Splicing Wires Isnt Some Thing I'm In Favor Of But If It's My Only Choice I'll Grin And Bare It.
Dave, I Couldnt Find That Cts-v You Were Talking About (i Feel Dumb) And Do U Have Any Install Pix Of The Hidden Dry Kits. You Guys Have Been A Real Help Thus Far, And I Truly Appreciate Your Time. Thank You!
Old 07-10-2008, 12:29 PM
FormerVendor

Thats the beauty of the interface on an LS2, no taping of your factory harness at all. Very simple plug and play device. Rather then relying on the MAF to add the additional fuel the interface adds it for you. It also enables you to pull timing if you need too.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

These pics are a few years old, but might give you some ideas.

oh, and one piece of advice, is to order extra feedline. The standard isn'nt long enough, that car is big!

Old 07-10-2008, 01:09 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks Alot Dynotune And Dave You Both Have Me Leaning Toward Going Forward With A System For Sure. I Like The Dry Setup Idea As It's Less To Worry About Pertaining To Fuel Faliure. But I'm Still Not Sure Of The Pro's And Cons Of A Dry System. Also, I Cant Believe With Plug And Play Technology, That Nothing Exists In This Efi Day And Age. Splicing Wires Isnt Some Thing I'm In Favor Of But If It's My Only Choice I'll Grin And Bare It.
Dave, I Couldnt Find That Cts-v You Were Talking About (i Feel Dumb) And Do U Have Any Install Pix Of The Hidden Dry Kits. You Guys Have Been A Real Help Thus Far, And I Truly Appreciate Your Time. Thank You!
Here is a great read to learn the differences between wet and dry.
http://www.nitroustech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92
Old 07-10-2008, 01:11 PM
FormerVendor

Vinny I love that install. You see nothing unless you really look for it.
Dave
Old 07-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Banned

Nitro Daves gets my vote for sure. They have been a great help with me on my build, the customer service is top notch. Wever had a couple intakes plumbed by them and they are true works of art. Very clean installations!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
These pics are a few years old, but might give you some ideas.

oh, and one piece of advice, is to order extra feedline. The standard isn'nt long enough, that car is big!

amazing...thats exactly what i want! sold! i live in CT. DO U KNOW ANY TUNING SHOPS THAT U WOULD RECOMEND TO TUNE AND DO THE INSTALL?
PS. THAT PRO'S AND CON'S WAS AOT OF HELP...I THINK A WET PLATE SYSTEM IS GOOD FOR WHAT I WANT...TO BE HONEST I MAY NEVER USE IT BUT KNOWING IT THERE IS PRICELESS. =]
NOW WHAT ABOUT THAT LS2 PLUG AND PLAY IN THIS THREAD? WHAT SYTEM WILL ALLOW ME TO DO THAT AND CAN I GET A LINK JUST TO REVIEW THIS SYSTEM? U GUYS ARE SICK! LOVE IT =]
Old 07-10-2008, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

amazing...U GUYS ARE SICK! LOVE IT =]
agreed!
some kick *** nitrous guru's around here