Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable Pan Hard Rod + Centering up rear end

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adjustable Pan Hard Rod + Centering up rear end

.. is this something I can do myself (Im a mechanic) at the garage or do I need to take it to an alignment shop? My right rear tire is hitting the fender well edge and eating away at the outter edge of the tire after lowering it the past 5 to 6 months ago. Figure Im gonna have to end up getting one of these to center up the rear end... Any advice on centering up the rear end + installation would be a big help, thanks!
Old 07-13-2008, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with the BMR pan hard adjustable and BMR lower control arms adjustable. Doing that you can adj your angles accordingly based on how your tire is rubbing. I would def go with a new set of adj control arms to really help alleviate the problem. The panhard should help with getting it more centered.
As far as installation goes; its pretty easy, should be about a 2-3 hour job at most on Jack stands and proper tools. I did mine by myself in about that time frame and got the rear end centered straight up. Make sure you measure the distance from you sub frames to wheel well on both sides to get your measurement to the centimeter. That way your rear end is completely centered. Make sure you jack stands are on the frame of the car on not loading the rear end.
Hope that helps
Old 07-14-2008, 08:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Yes this is something you can easily do yourself with a tape measure. I do recommend a on-car adjustable set-up to make it easier. We have a nice set-up for $139.99 and seen in the link below... if you have any questions about centering the rear end please give us a call and we will be glad to.

www.umiperformance.com/2022

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 07-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Teching In

I run an adjustable UMI bar and love it, install was easy and the adjustment is easy as well, mine is single adjustable so the end needs to be unbolted before adjustment but thats not too much of a hassle.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hantzum
I would go with the BMR pan hard adjustable and BMR lower control arms adjustable. Doing that you can adj your angles accordingly based on how your tire is rubbing. I would def go with a new set of adj control arms to really help alleviate the problem. The panhard should help with getting it more centered.
As far as installation goes; its pretty easy, should be about a 2-3 hour job at most on Jack stands and proper tools. I did mine by myself in about that time frame and got the rear end centered straight up. Make sure you measure the distance from you sub frames to wheel well on both sides to get your measurement to the centimeter. That way your rear end is completely centered. Make sure you jack stands are on the frame of the car on not loading the rear end.
Hope that helps
Thanks for the recommendation
Old 07-15-2008, 08:58 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by IK746
I run an adjustable UMI bar and love it, install was easy and the adjustment is easy as well, mine is single adjustable so the end needs to be unbolted before adjustment but thats not too much of a hassle.
Thats excellent to hear! And yes the single adjustable panhard bar can be a bit tricky to adjust and time consuming but once its set you don't have to mess with it again.. and at a $109 you can't beat it

Thanks again,
Ryan
Old 07-15-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Hantzum
As far as installation goes; its pretty easy, should be about a 2-3 hour job at most on Jack stands and proper tools. I did mine by myself in about that time frame and got the rear end centered straight up. Make sure you measure the distance from you sub frames to wheel well on both sides to get your measurement to the centimeter. That way your rear end is completely centered. Make sure you jack stands are on the frame of the car on not loading the rear end. Hope that helps

The car needs to be on the ground while adjusting, not suspension hanging.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I recommend getting a double adjustable panhard bar. I have a UMI double adjustable, and it is really easy to center up the rear.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:58 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BlackBADaSS02
I recommend getting a double adjustable panhard bar. I have a UMI double adjustable, and it is really easy to center up the rear.
That is great to hear
Old 07-15-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
The car needs to be on the ground while adjusting, not suspension hanging.
I have the UMI single adjustable (great unit) and I went to a little more trouble with mine. I actually drove it around and let the suspension settle, then checked the measurement again. You only have to do it once, so the extra hassle is truly worth it.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
I have the UMI single adjustable (great unit) and I went to a little more trouble with mine. I actually drove it around and let the suspension settle, then checked the measurement again. You only have to do it once, so the extra hassle is truly worth it.

oops I wasn't considering the one way bars, should have said it should be "measured" while on the ground, but you could still do the one way on the ground.