Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Coming On Down to Port St Lucie!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Coming On Down to Port St Lucie!!!

well my name is Justin my fiancee and I are getting married in september and then we are headed on down to live with her parents dew to her getting a job in jupiter. I drive a 2000 ss with the mods listed in my sig. Michelle drives a 99 Z28 with bolt ons and a tune. Look foward to meeting any ls1 guys and gals. Is there any good advice to prep me to living down there. Ive been down a few times for vacation but thats about it.

Here are a couple pics of my ride.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today's your lucky day, because since I'm a fellow Masshole (Taunton) I'm going to give you a word of advice....

DO NOT MOVE TO PORT ST LUCIE!!!!!!!

This place is the biggest sh!thole in Florida. There's nothing to do, no one to hang out with, and nothing worth looking at. Fort Pierce (the next town up) just was nominated by the CDC as having the most AIDS hosts per capita than anywhere in the country. Congratulations, they took the title from Belle Glade!

My wife and I are moving back to Tampa within the next few months. We've been here for 4 years, and I won't ever come back. There is nothing here and the majority of the people here are disgusting. I honestly don't even leave our community anymore unless it's to get food or go shopping.

Good God, do yourself a favor and move to West Palm Beach or Jupiter. You'll thank me in about year or two.

Vince
Old 07-22-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on Vince don't scare the guy like that it's not that bad here.It's better than being a Masshole i should know i had to deal w/them being right next door (R.I) !Give me a PM here and maybe i can help you out.The housing market is still dropping here so you should have no trouble finding a place.
Joe
Old 07-22-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

My comment completely excludes you....LOL

Outside of a few neighbors and people I've met at the Gym, you're pretty much only other person I can tolerate.

You've got to admit though, this place is definitely not for people between the ages of 18-45; or that like to have fun; or have a pulse.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by prochargedchevyi
Today's your lucky day, because since I'm a fellow Masshole (Taunton) I'm going to give you a word of advice....

DO NOT MOVE TO PORT ST LUCIE!!!!!!!

This place is the biggest sh!thole in Florida. There's nothing to do, no one to hang out with, and nothing worth looking at. Fort Pierce (the next town up) just was nominated by the CDC as having the most AIDS hosts per capita than anywhere in the country. Congratulations, they took the title from Belle Glade!

My wife and I are moving back to Tampa within the next few months. We've been here for 4 years, and I won't ever come back. There is nothing here and the majority of the people here are disgusting. I honestly don't even leave our community anymore unless it's to get food or go shopping.

Good God, do yourself a favor and move to West Palm Beach or Jupiter. You'll thank me in about year or two.

Vince

Well here parents live in Port St Lucie, so we will only be staying with them for maybe a year at most.

If we can afford to move to Jupiter we will, considering thats where she will be working. But as far as having to drive to a meet or hangout, that doesnt bother me much.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Banned

PSL is a shithole, I've been here since 1988. Last 5 years it's been down hill quick.

I've gotten warnings from the city for: garbage can outside, parking in MY grass, inoperative vehicle (nice shiney '97 mustang--tire went flat over night).

Lets see what else, we've got brand new houses on the street that are abandoned, got an abandoned house next door I could park my car in the grass and it'll disappear it's so high.

And the people, I hear new york has a lot of nice people, I think because they made all the ******** move here.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
PSL is a shithole, I've been here since 1988. Last 5 years it's been down hill quick.

I've gotten warnings from the city for: garbage can outside, parking in MY grass, inoperative vehicle (nice shiney '97 mustang--tire went flat over night).

Lets see what else, we've got brand new houses on the street that are abandoned, got an abandoned house next door I could park my car in the grass and it'll disappear it's so high.

And the people, I hear new york has a lot of nice people, I think because they made all the ******** move here.

THANK YOU!!!!!

It's awful, there's no way around it.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

It's what you make of it!Jupiter is a little pricey its better to work there and live in P.S.L.By the time you get settled in you will have a brand new track to run your cars at.Moroso Motorsports Park is getting a total overhaul right now and the shithole it was before was still 10x better than New England Dragway.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:15 PM
12 Second Club

lol everyone is hitting the nail on the head in this thread about st lucie,i go crazy here,there aint **** to do,all wanna be thugsters and rice
Old 07-23-2008, 09:35 PM
7 Second Club

Nice rides, good luck in south Florida!
Old 07-27-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The pizzle does kind of suck, but it can always be worse.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:13 AM
Staging Lane

Wink

Originally Posted by Gregg 00SS
The pizzle does kind of suck, but it can always be worse.
x2

dont know what these folks do for fun..but i always got stuff to do!

u into racing bring that light thing to our meet one day.................iam a b-body guy so dont be surprised......no big rims on our cars thou....just 400rwhp.

cant believe ppl our into cars in psl....LMAO.......just got to know the right ppl in town!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where / when yall meet?
Old 07-28-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Resident

It is getting worse here and it will be very hard for anyone to find a good job. Traffic is pretty bad. There is not much to do but I dont do anything besides build cars and race anyways. There is a meeting point in the US1 taco bell parking lot fri & sat nights 10pm. It is full of rice and **** but its all we got and if some of these other guys would come out and get some more decent **** here it would not be so bad.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm gonna try and get a meet together at one of the Hurricane's in town in the coming weeks. Is the Hurricane's out in Tradition closed?? I rolled by a month or so ago and it was closed up, not sure if it was for good though. Kind of nice meeting out there because they have a parking garage so even if it's crappy weather like we're having now we can still check out each others cars.

And for the record, I'm not much for hanging out anywhere where a bunch of ricers congregate. They usually breed trouble and I really want no part of that.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GTFORMULA
but its all we got and if some of these other guys would come out and get some more decent **** here it would not be so bad.
I don't see it happening. I'll never go to a hang out again, it's a bunch of people talking **** and at the end of the night they all drive home.

Back when I first moved to PSL everyone would meet at Sabal Palm Plaza in Ft Pierce. People would go, put their hoods up, cops would just drive by.

When the time was right everyone would drive in a line out to Rinker (Torino) and race til 3am without ever seeing a cop.

I'm not building a fast car now to go sit and bullshit with a bunch of people just to drive home with the cops on your *** (probably because they ran everyone off in the first place). You can do that with a minivan.

To those who don't know Rinker is across from the Torino area (they called the torino area rinker I guess because the streets weren't named yet), there was not one house out there until 1996. There was a straight 3/4 mile stretch, someone marked a 1/4 mile out like the white line you see at a stop light. Nothing but field on both sides, one side road, no one hanging out between the start and finish lines.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

Let me know when i'll come hang out.The Hurricane's at Veteran's Blvd on the River would'nt be that bad.Give me a PM when.
Joe
Old 07-28-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I remember the Rinker days. Was just out of HS and too poor to own a car so never got to partake in the acitivies, but was pretty cool. Now I'm one of those ******* cops following everyone around, hahaha.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gregg 00SS
I remember the Rinker days. Was just out of HS and too poor to own a car so never got to partake in the acitivies, but was pretty cool. Now I'm one of those ******* cops following everyone around, hahaha.
Funny how that works, isn't it?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
11 Second Club

Well regardless I would like too meet up with a bunch of you guys to hang out and do a little racing myself. Always up for a little street action

Quick Reply: Coming On Down to Port St Lucie!!!