Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Coil Overs

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil Overs

who is running coil ovrs in there C5 looking to get some and wondering what the concensus is!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Depends on the budget. Everything from mild to wild. A lot of people like the lg or pfadt offerings.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did a lot of homework and since I do very little road racing I went with the PFADT coilovers. You set stiffness and ride level. These units are much more reasonably priced than other coilovers and I was worried about the quality. Don't worry they are first class. Now you may have heard that the ride is rough or harsh with coilovers.......NO.......frankly it was smoother than stock for me. This is a mod you will enjoy immediately. Now if you road race all the time go with Motron and nothing else.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've installed breathless(don't like).....i've installed LG's(I do like)....and I have DRM's/doug rippie motorsports(and I think they are great).

One of the best mods ever. hands down. My DRM's are only ride height adjustable, as well as my cousins LG's. Do it,...you'll love it.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

thx for the info
Old 07-25-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doug Rippies is local to me(45 minutes away) and i'm thinking he may be doing these and a clutch install for me in the near future. he did my tune and it is a great company
Old 07-26-2008, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tigertank
thx for the info
Pleasure.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
Doug Rippies is local to me(45 minutes away) and i'm thinking he may be doing these and a clutch install for me in the near future. he did my tune and it is a great company

I met Doug Rippie,..damm,..years ago. We were at the BLOOMINGTON GOLD event. C5's, had just came out, and nobody really had them yet. Well, modifed I should say. Anyways, he was there, he had a RED C5, with some oneoff custom wheels, they looked like HRE's but, had no emblems that I remember. The car had carbon fiber borla tips,...already had suspension,...and that was what I remembered of it. It was pretty dope, seeing one of the first C5's, already looking and sounding like a race car.

He also, which stands out even more,...had a green, ZR1 owned by a guy named Joey Wiggin's. Never heard of the dude before that day but, buddy's car stood out like you would never imagine. Think, it was a polo green ZR1(1993-1995)...coilovers, the LT5 DRM "BlackWidow" motor, 365ci, 550rwhp,...4.10 geared having rollcage equipped, FIKSE mesh'd wheels, polished,....power effects exhaust(then borla later years)..... AHHH.....that car was soo wicked. Thats also, where I saw a car dynoed in person. It was awesome. They dynoed the green ZR1,..which sounded like sex,...(long tube headers all motor Zr1-s sound amazing)...and they also dynoed another DRM ZR1,...which was all black, and pretty much a race car. They said,..I don't know if it was true or not but, they said it was an X MOBIL one RACE CAR, converted into street duty. It had 315's in the front, 345's in the rear, sporting DYMAG wheels,...and a darth vader looking batmobiled out carbon body, with a real spoiler to match. Both cars raced on the highways that night... excess of "190's" the owners openly talked to us about(which where all cool, rich, street racing dudes). Anways,...that weekend stands out, and is probably the reason why I am soo into vettes. Thinking back,lol,..yup, I owned a Cobra at the time.....

Talking to Doug, about the cars,...and about future projects,...you can see that he was a cool honest dude, with TONS of racing knowledge.

The guys reputation is awesome. Do some searching,...guy should be a legend,...as well known as lingenfelter, atleast in the corvette world. Never had anywork done by them but, we've done some buisness with them in the recent past,...and they still, are hands down a very cool smart company.

If I had the cash, I'd have them build me a car no doubt. Anyways, you can't go wrong with them.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Launching!

god damn. let me see the name on your shirt. does it still say VERA./---. holey **** slim jim.
if he buys them . i say you get a percent of the sale. lol. ---
Old 07-29-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pastvertical
god damn. let me see the name on your shirt. does it still say VERA./---. holey **** slim jim.
if he buys them . i say you get a percent of the sale. lol. ---

I get commision for everything.

(not)
Old 07-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running coil overs up front and Bilstein HD in the rear. From all the research I did did, this combo would give the best weight transfer other than back halfing the car and installing a four link. I am thinking about swtich out the Bilsteins for QA1 adjustables so that the weight transfer could be tweaked if needed.

Keith

Quick Reply: Coil Overs