Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

can the c6 z06 keyless start system be converted to a fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can the c6 z06 keyless start system be converted to a fbody?

can the c6 z06 keyless start system be converted to a fbody? and what would it take?

dont care about the cost it would be bad *** to have!

update: i now kno i need the key fob, transponder, bcm, which i already knew just wanted to clear this up.

i called my local gm dealer and he said i would need the pcm to. i asked is there a code written in it or does it just supply power. he didnt know

Last edited by Disturbed Bird; 07-28-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

What is special about the c6 z06 keyless entry?
Old 07-27-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

wireless key and push star system. you never need to take the key out of your pocket.

it dosnt seem to hard. im not sure what i would need. maybe a transponder, key fob, disable vats, rewire locks to new transponder?
Old 07-27-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

not entirely sure but i would wager to guess all that is controlled by the bcm you may be able to adapt it to the fbody. but im not sure, i had wondered this myself but i was thinking of the vettes when it came to mind i was thinking of the nissan cars some of theres have it. but it would definantly be cool especially if you could use the door handles from the vette to
Old 07-27-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

I love that ****. I see that crap on the new Nissans all the time. It is cool, but looks like a lot of work.

Yet, I am sure it can be done.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i will do it, as long as i know what i need. the price isnt the problem. so any input would be great. anyone?
Old 07-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Launching!

It doesn't even have to be out of a corvette. If you think about it.. all you need is some sort of system that provides the rolling encryption and offer the fob detection type thing. If (when you push a button), the receiver tries to detect the transmitter (the fob).. if it finds it within a short distance (won't need to be a large range at all), it simply provides the closed loop for the car to start.

At that point you can either keep the key in the ignition and just use that as normal (however never needing to take the key out).. or you could get crazy with it and take the ignition switch out, put in the "ENGINE START" button so it fits perfectly flush, and bypass VATS. (Also disable the steering wheel lock / shifter lock). At that point you'd need a system to handle the button (tap it to turn on accessory, hold it to start the engine, hold it to stop the engine).

Obviously if you can't find a system that does that anywhere, you'd have to adapt it from another car.. just find what car company uses the most basic system you can. I noticed this doesn't exactly answer the original poster's question specifically.. I'm sure you can adapt it.. it just could very well mean a lot of work. But there's probably a bare-bones system out there that you can find (maybe not even automotive use!) that would be quicker and easier
Old 07-28-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce
It doesn't even have to be out of a corvette. If you think about it.. all you need is some sort of system that provides the rolling encryption and offer the fob detection type thing. If (when you push a button), the receiver tries to detect the transmitter (the fob).. if it finds it within a short distance (won't need to be a large range at all), it simply provides the closed loop for the car to start.

At that point you can either keep the key in the ignition and just use that as normal (however never needing to take the key out).. or you could get crazy with it and take the ignition switch out, put in the "ENGINE START" button so it fits perfectly flush, and bypass VATS. (Also disable the steering wheel lock / shifter lock). At that point you'd need a system to handle the button (tap it to turn on accessory, hold it to start the engine, hold it to stop the engine).
that is exactly what the c6 z06 does!

i would take out the steering lock and the key altogether
Old 05-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

check his out http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/index.html