Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Installed New Battery, Speedometer Is STUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installed New Battery, Speedometer Is STUCK!

Like the title says, today morning, I changed my battery on my 1999 Z28, and when I started my car afterwards, I noticed that the needle on the speedometer is stuck allll the way to the right, way past the 150mph mark... and is just resting there. I tried driving the car around for a few minutes, knocking on the clear panel of the gauge cluster (always fixed a stuck fuel gauge lol), and disconnecting a reconnecting the battery without any success. I'm puzzled as to why the hell a simple battery change would cause something like this, everything else seems to be just fine and normal except for that darn speedometer.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by bamxbam
Like the title says, today morning, I changed my battery on my 1999 Z28, and when I started my car afterwards, I noticed that the needle on the speedometer is stuck allll the way to the right, way past the 150mph mark... and is just resting there. I tried driving the car around for a few minutes, knocking on the clear panel of the gauge cluster (always fixed a stuck fuel gauge lol), and disconnecting a reconnecting the battery without any success. I'm puzzled as to why the hell a simple battery change would cause something like this, everything else seems to be just fine and normal except for that darn speedometer.
Happens when you loose power and the needle is past half-way. The only fix is to take the cluster out of the dash, turn it up side down until the needle falls back half-way, and then rotate it until the needle falls back in place. Re-install.

Quick Reply: Installed New Battery, Speedometer Is STUCK!