Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

NED jet cars Sat 8/9 who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NED jet cars Sat 8/9 who's going?

So who's going up tomorrow? For once the rain might just hold out!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Launching!

I raced yesterday at jet cars. for once the rain held off. redlighted in the qtr finals to Dave dias who went on to win. Was trying to get up on the converter and the brakes slipped for the loss. All dave had to do to win in the final was not redlight as the 67 mustang blew his tranny and only had 4th gear. good day and a huge crowd.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

That's always a big event. I wish I could of made it out there.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 454mag
I raced yesterday at jet cars. for once the rain held off. redlighted in the qtr finals to Dave dias who went on to win. Was trying to get up on the converter and the brakes slipped for the loss. All dave had to do to win in the final was not redlight as the 67 mustang blew his tranny and only had 4th gear. good day and a huge crowd.
Hey Ted,
Pretty good showing for sure. We got there at 6 and they put on a pretty good show. 1st time for me seeing the jet cars at night. Pretty cool stuff. Even more amazing to me was the new wheel stand track record of 9.1 @ like 146. Those guys are nuts on 2 wheels!

Some very impressive runs and fortunately no wrecks although there were a few that got very close to the wall.

First time I got the wife to go to the track so hopefully she'll go more often now. We brought our 11 year old nephew too and he loved it.

Where were you in the pits?
Old 08-10-2008, 02:46 PM
11 Second Club

Ted hows the new tranny running? I couldnt make it to this one, but i did get my new fuel system for the goat!
Old 08-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Launching!

New tranny was great if you consider losing 4 mph and 2 tenths in 15 degree colder weather good
Mike I was back where they have car shows. Good to hear you and the wife had a good time. I have never seen the place so packed. Nothing like a big crowd to see you blow what should be a win. Those jet cars put on a hell of a show especially the side by side 300 mph stuff. Part that sucks is they use us real street guys to clean up all the unburned fuel off the track after the jets run. You should come join us for the 11.50 class some time. ITs a lot of fun and all great guys. Dave has won 2 of the 4 races with a 11.75 car. Pretty cool watching the pro mod cars also. Those guys got the big *****.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 454mag
New tranny was great if you consider losing 4 mph and 2 tenths in 15 degree colder weather good
Mike I was back where they have car shows. Good to hear you and the wife had a good time. I have never seen the place so packed. Nothing like a big crowd to see you blow what should be a win. Those jet cars put on a hell of a show especially the side by side 300 mph stuff. Part that sucks is they use us real street guys to clean up all the unburned fuel off the track after the jets run. You should come join us for the 11.50 class some time. ITs a lot of fun and all great guys. Dave has won 2 of the 4 races with a 11.75 car. Pretty cool watching the pro mod cars also. Those guys got the big *****.
So are you saying the crowd might of made you a little nervous = red light? It was funny seeing all the kids in the mini dragsters red light in their first round. I can certainly understand that. I've got to get some practice in before even thinking about entering the 11.50 class. I think that I'm almost ready for a rental now. Still got something going on above 5700 rpms that's killing my peak whp #'s. New PAC 1518's will be going in since the 918's have about 20k on them so there might be some valve float. I definately need meth though so Don can get some timing in as well. That'll be a winter project though.

Yeah, some of those guys are nuts. Great time watching though.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

Damn Ted, 4 mph???
Old 08-10-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think its a great transmission........ from where I'm sitting!

I got there around 7:00 and saw the last 2 rounds of Quick-Street. There were some close raceses for sure!