Nitrous Oxide - HSW dry plate kit with interface

View Full Version : HSW dry plate kit with interface

ls1redline
08-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Pretty much finalized my decision on purchasing this kit. A few unanswered questions after searching hsw related threads. Car is a 95 camaro yet with a ls1 powerplant. Will I need to upgrade injectors or fuel pump capabilities. Also how does the interface work besides the obvious. I guess how are settings obtained and intitially set?? Is it computer based? Newbie to the LS1 world so any help will be appreciated

JoeyGC5
08-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Settings for fuel enrichment and timing adjustment are done by the interface, no need to really d any tune work. What injectors and fuel pump are you currently using? Also any motor work done?

jetlag
08-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Pretty much finalized my decision on purchasing this kit. A few unanswered questions after searching hsw related threads. Car is a 95 camaro yet with a ls1 powerplant. Will I need to upgrade injectors or fuel pump capabilities. Also how does the interface work besides the obvious. I guess how are settings obtained and intitially set?? Is it computer based? Newbie to the LS1 world so any help will be appreciated

Simple as flipping a toggle switch! When I had a wideband motoring it, I set the Interface to the correct size, and my A/F ratio was pretty much spot on at 11.7-.8
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q148/smallfroddy/nitrous/interface2.jpg

Also, check out this thread before you order... ;) It is mine, barely used, for sale.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=942546

bad6as
08-11-2008, 05:01 PM
the hsw dry plate is the way to go! ill be doing it soon i hope. i have the money, but with a 100K and stock bottom end with a cam, is kinda holding me back and if it blows i dont know what i would do. but what are the other mods? mine is a 98 with bolt ons and cam and my injectors are at 98% dc

myfast70
08-11-2008, 08:09 PM
I've got HSW's wet plate (same kit but with the addition of fuel) and love it! I'm thinking of eventually converting it into a dual stage dry plate but that won't be until all of my other projects are completed.

red fury
08-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Dry shot after the MAF with the interface really looks simple and effective.... I too plan on going this route. A wise man once said "Keep it simple stupid!"

KCJeff
08-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I am extremely happy with my decision to purchase the HSW LS1 Dry Plate Kit. Superb quality and terrific customer service.

jetlag
08-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Dry shot after the MAF with the interface really looks simple and effective.... I too plan on going this route. A wise man once said "Keep it simple stupid!"

It is! I drilled several holes in my lid trying to find a good position but it was always lean.

Ordered an Interface, installed and put nozzle behind the MAF, perfect a/f! Done!

myfast70
08-11-2008, 08:52 PM
A wise man once said "Keep it simple stupid!"

Hey, I know that guy too :D

Nick@HSW
08-12-2008, 09:40 AM
How many of you guys would be interested in a sale/gb on the dry plates with Interface units?

Nick

ls1redline
08-12-2008, 10:13 AM
How many of you guys would be interested in a sale/gb on the dry plates with Interface units?

Nick

I am definatley interested. One other quick question. Your website calls for a 78mm tb application. Technically our throttle bodies are 75mm. Is your kit a direct fit??? Will my stock ls1 injectors and fuel pump be sufficient??

ls1redline
08-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Settings for fuel enrichment and timing adjustment are done by the interface, no need to really d any tune work. What injectors and fuel pump are you currently using? Also any motor work done? No internal motor work with the small exception of heads have upgraded springs/retainers, hardned pushrods and am currently running a tsp 231-237 cam.

Nick@HSW
08-12-2008, 10:46 AM
ls1redline, PM sent!

Nick

JoeyGC5
08-12-2008, 10:52 AM
No internal motor work with the small exception of heads have upgraded springs and retainers, hadedned pushrods and am currently running a tsp 231-237 cam.

Do you have a fuel pump addition/upgrade? Witht heads and cam setup you'll need extra fuel for the nitrous kit to stay safe and reliable. At least a 255 pump and hot wire harness are basic upgrades to what you currently have.

ls1redline
08-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Do you have a fuel pump addition/upgrade? Witht heads and cam setup you'll need extra fuel for the nitrous kit to stay safe and reliable. At least a 255 pump and hot wire harness are basic upgrades to what you currently have.

Great thanks for the info. Ill research pumps and go from there

red fury
08-12-2008, 12:55 PM

Nick

I might be, shoot me a pm with a projected price and parts included

Thanks

Brian

TOslowTA
08-12-2008, 01:41 PM

Nick

interested

bad6as
08-12-2008, 03:28 PM

Nick

OMG ME, ME, ME

VIPRETR2
08-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Extremely interested.

Nick@HSW
08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Started a new thread guys...http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=969471 Thanks.

Nick

bad6as
08-13-2008, 09:33 PM
well i just bought the dry plate kit. still trying to figure out what i want to get as far as the extras, injectors, purge, bottle heater, gauges and controler. i want to get what i need but dont want to get what i dont need.
im still trying to decide on the nitrous controler. i know i want the wot switch and window switch in one, im just gonna be a single stage maby i should give hsw a call and get there insight

jetlag
08-13-2008, 09:37 PM
I didn't get a purge kit for mine. It will only effect the first pass, or if you are worried about it just when doing your burnout hit WOT(to activate the juice) for a split second and "purge" the line.

And when you are doing racing just carry a wrench around with you and loosen the line from the bottle just a little bit and let it leak out.

Saved money! No need for a purge kit!

Definitely get a bottle heater. I bought the DynoTune/Nitrous Outlet digital window switch. But that was before HSW came out with the MicroEdge which is really nice.

Mike@HSW
08-14-2008, 08:26 AM
well i just bought the dry plate kit. still trying to figure out what i want to get as far as the extras, injectors, purge, bottle heater, gauges and controler. i want to get what i need but dont want to get what i dont need.
im still trying to decide on the nitrous controler. i know i want the wot switch and window switch in one, im just gonna be a single stage maby i should give hsw a call and get there insight

The microEDGE would be your best bet for a controller. The list of features is just astounding for the price they are being sold at. You made not NEED it, but it would be a great piece to have in an effort to make your kit as safe as possible. I would suggest a bottle heater and a purge. With your kit its much better to regulate nitrous pressure and make sure the line is cleared. as for injectors it depends on the sized shot you are running, but 42lbs would be ideal. They support a good amount of horsepower. I would recommend a A/F gauge, but that can wait till later if need be.