Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump

anyone got a 255 lph for sale cheap? need to get my car back on the road asap...wanted to replace my burnt racetronix with a new one but i cant wait that long...

mike

nevrlift@hotmail.com
Old 08-19-2008, 12:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

racetronix burned out? no ****? i think i have an extra racetronix in stock i will sell it to you at my cost bro
Old 08-19-2008, 01:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01black
anyone got a 255 lph for sale cheap? need to get my car back on the road asap...wanted to replace my burnt racetronix with a new one but i cant wait that long...

mike

nevrlift@hotmail.com
What happened to it? Do you know? I haven't seen many go out because of the pump failure itself. Did you install it yourself or was it already installed, maybe it had a bad connection somewhere.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Run the car with less than a quarter of a tank much?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:30 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Datzneat
Run the car with less than a quarter of a tank much?
Thats shouldn't matter seeing as how our cars have a bucket the fuel pump sits in so its always submerged. Hell I use to race a full day of racing with the gas needle reading under E
Old 08-19-2008, 02:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
Thats shouldn't matter seeing as how our cars have a bucket the fuel pump sits in so its always submerged. Hell I use to race a full day of racing with the gas needle reading under E
Yeah, but if you run it completely dry, you'll be on the market for a new pump.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Yeah, but if you run it completely dry, you'll be on the market for a new pump.
Yeah but he said under a 1/4. Like I said full day of racing under E many times and I never had a problem.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:01 AM
Launching!

generally speaking under low fuel 1/8th or lower you can damage you fuel pump but its not very likely. but what you very well can do is jam the fuel valve safety ball at the bottom of the fill tube. and after it gets jammed in there your actually producing vacuum in there after awhile that could burn out the pump. or you wont be able to fill the tank when u get to the station..u try to pump fuel into it and it shoots back at you..pretty funny to watch i might add..
Old 08-19-2008, 03:33 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_Y2KSS
generally speaking under low fuel 1/8th or lower you can damage you fuel pump but its not very likely. but what you very well can do is jam the fuel valve safety ball at the bottom of the fill tube. and after it gets jammed in there your actually producing vacuum in there after awhile that could burn out the pump. or you wont be able to fill the tank when u get to the station..u try to pump fuel into it and it shoots back at you..pretty funny to watch i might add..
So a ball clogs up the fill tube. Which creates a vacuum from the fuel pump even though its submerged in fuel and it will burn up because of this vacuum? Am I missing something....
Old 08-19-2008, 04:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

generally speaking under low fuel 1/8th or lower you can damage you fuel pump but its not very likely. but what you very well can do is jam the fuel valve safety ball at the bottom of the fill tube. and after it gets jammed in there your actually producing vacuum in there after awhile that could burn out the pump. or you wont be able to fill the tank when u get to the station..u try to pump fuel into it and it shoots back at you..pretty funny to watch i might add..Happened to you eh? lol
What I was implying... Thanks. Didn't think I had to go into so much detail. The gas is what cools the pump also so repeatedly running the tank to dry can and will cause the pump to burn up. Seen it a few times. I'm putting in dual walboro 440s in right now so no more running below quarter tank for me.

Last edited by Datzneat; 08-19-2008 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Launching!

cool appreciate all the input...but does anyone have one they wanna part with?
Old 08-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
racetronix burned out? no ****? i think i have an extra racetronix in stock i will sell it to you at my cost bro
oh **** i didnt see that post...ill pm ya
Old 08-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Launching!

So a ball clogs up the fill tube. Which creates a vacuum from the fuel pump even though its submerged in fuel and it will burn up because of this vacuum? Am I missing something....
it works very similar to a bilge pump in a boat have u never seen how these operate..or do i have to draw a diagram on how i might be able to suck in air while driving on an 1/8th or lower tank...cause if need be this can be arranged...

imo stupid arguement and off topic
Old 08-19-2008, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

it works very similar to a bilge pump in a boat have u never seen how these operate..or do i have to draw a diagram on how i might be able to suck in air while driving on an 1/8th or lower tank...cause if need be this can be arranged...

imo stupid arguement and off topic
Nope never seen how a boat fuel tank operates. I'm just saying what creates a vacuum? As long as the pump is submerged in fuel it shouldn't matter. And in all cases wouldn't the fuel fill tube be plugged because of the cap being on?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Nope never seen how a boat fuel tank operates. I'm just saying what creates a vacuum? As long as the pump is submerged in fuel it shouldn't matter. And in all cases wouldn't the fuel fill tube be plugged because of the cap being on?

The side discussion doesn't really matter...simple point is that running extremely low or dry i.e. partially or completely emptying the bucket can potentially damage your fuel pump.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

Thread did get a little off but I think he found one already so its ok
Old 08-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Launching!

im a happy camper...ryne came through in a pinch!!!