Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Races you turn down

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Races you turn down

Well, I haven't seen this thread made before, so, are you the kind of person who always races, never races, or are there some races you just don't take? Tonight I turned down 3 races. 2 against bikes (busa and another type I couldn't tell) cause I knew they'd slaughter me, and one against a turbo tC, just because I didnt feel like racing.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I turn down anything with a large fin, a silly "H" or a silly "A" on it. I also turn down primer-coated, lowered, V8 swapped 5-speed S10's.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why, the s-10's, because they are fast, or because you don't respect them?
Old 08-23-2008, 01:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 09CPTN
Why, the s-10's, because they are fast, or because you don't respect them?
good Q theres one deep in the 12s at our local spot. its ghetto as ****, i normally race them but this one sits 2" off the ground with some home-made suspension... it's got half a flywheel welded to the axle!?!?!?! we both know he would beat me... and i dont wanna get in a wreck proving it
Old 08-23-2008, 01:53 AM
Banned

other than that it mainly depends on the location... i wont race through traffic or roads usually full of cops. sometimes i wont race cars that will destroy me.

unboosted 4 bangers..... well hittin the throttle for two seconds to show superiority isnt racing lol
Old 08-23-2008, 01:55 AM
On The Tree

i have to turn down the hemi trucks every day seems like, ricers don't bother with us that much here. well when i'm home.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why the S10's? Well one, they're faster than I am, and I don't fancy being embarassed. Two, they're usually louder than hell, and attract attention when you do race. I prefer the cops don't hear me from 6 miles away.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:08 AM
Staging Lane

I don't turn down ANY races since I'm never in any! Honestly, either I don't drive much or my area has more adults then ricers, I seriously had my first random street race(in Mexico of course ) about a month ago, against a GTO, that at first I thought was a Tiburon or something import-like because I was so nervous and exhilirated I payed more attention to the light and didn't notice WHAT it was untill he was passing me(spun going into 2nd gear) lol
So other then that, I've never had anything rev at me etc., but when they do...
Old 08-23-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I turn down some do to the fact when I talk to the driver. Some drivers dont have a clue and want to race anything and gain nothin from it. I like racing to guage my z that means a fairly high hp and tq ride. Im not a big head but one sided races are just no fun. Plus the people around here are full of lies i tell people what I have and what im lookin for but its allways, (yeah I got a cobra with 700 hp) Im like ok what mods do you have to support your claim? A pulley..................................., Um yeah you have a dyno sheet? No I havent had it dyno...... And im like what the ****?
Old 08-23-2008, 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

why should i street race my $180k Ford GT against some wannabe with a claimed 10 second Honda worth $30k so he can get some cheap thrill? after i freight train him, he will do the ricer fly bye and loose control of his ghetto blaster and hit my car. if you wanna race me you can meet me at the track. the only people i race on the street are people who are qualified like myself. it has nothing to do with how much $$$$ your car is worth or how fast you think your car is. some peoples ridez are unsafe and the drivers are dangerous. they are just accidents waiting to happen. never race scum like this. for the most part pros go to the track and wannabes and posers race on the steet. the Tech at the track usually seperates the men from the boys but at the end of the day you can't fix stupid. so i always make sure i get a good read on the driver in the other car just to make sure he is not a meth head

Last edited by FAST FREDDY; 08-23-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:42 AM
11 Second Club

I turn down a race if conditions are unsafe or there's a high probability of getting caught.

Otherwise, I'll take anything. I don't mind showing ricers the error of their ways, and I wouldn't mind racing something I know will blow me away (hasn't happened yet ). I'm just in it for the fun.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Zoh6's. I just won't race them anymore cause I'm tired of getting beat my buslengths.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Launching!

turned down a money race a couple times. Im not sure why, Im pretty sure i had the W but eh i dunno, other than that im always up for some peel outs
Old 08-23-2008, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

I don't turn down anything, win or loose it doesn't matter to me. If I loose it will just motivate me to get more modded.

Not sure why you didn't race the turbo TC, sounds like it would of been a good race and the reason being something other then you "not feeling like racing" If anyone with a supposibly quick car wants to race me, im always up for it.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlayerMaro
I turn down a race if conditions are unsafe or there's a high probability of getting caught.

Otherwise, I'll take anything. I don't mind showing ricers the error of their ways, and I wouldn't mind racing something I know will blow me away (hasn't happened yet ). I'm just in it for the fun.
The only thing I would add to this that I'd turn down is if there is a child in the car or a second person on a bike. Otherwise, I don't mind getting destroyed or destroying if it gives me a reason to downshift and stomp on the gas pedal.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
The only thing I would add to this that I'd turn down is if there is a child in the car or a second person on a bike. Otherwise, I don't mind getting destroyed or destroying if it gives me a reason to downshift and stomp on the gas pedal.
aw stomping the gas pedal lol gotta love that. Havnt got to in about 5 weeks now
Old 08-23-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by toslo5o
other than that it mainly depends on the location... i wont race through traffic or roads usually full of cops.
+1
I always turn down a race were traffic is or light to light or when someone else with me.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

I normally try and stay away from arrogant *** hats that drive Vipers, GT500's, Ford Gt's, and the exotics. Those guys are generally wanna be's that act as if they know the game. Kills me.LOL 99% don't know thier *** from a hole in the ground. It isn't even worth my time because the majority can't drive thier **** right.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

i take about 60% of mine
Old 08-23-2008, 12:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SlayerMaro

Exactly what I was gonna say.. No reason not to race unless your in the wrong place for it, the conditions arent right or theres a lot of Popo around. I once had a mustang pull up and try to race me in a downpour.. which I obviously turned down