Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Catch can recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Catch can recommendations?

I have sifted thru the forum and would like some recommendations on someone or a place to buy a resonable good quality catch can for my C5. I do suck a lot of oil into my throttle body since i have deleted my pvc system and I think it is causing my car to run doggish every once in a while. I want one that is easily bolted on and looks like it belongs there. I am not a fan of hodge podge Cheap Bull SH*T lol.

Thanks for any suggestions and pictures are always a plus.

THANKS!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I haven't got one yet but I heard good thing about Revxtreme

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=catch+cans
Old 08-24-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by flynlow3
I have sifted thru the forum and would like some recommendations on someone or a place to buy a resonable good quality catch can for my C5. I do suck a lot of oil into my throttle body since i have deleted my pvc system and I think it is causing my car to run doggish every once in a while. I want one that is easily bolted on and looks like it belongs there. I am not a fan of hodge podge Cheap Bull SH*T lol.

Thanks for any suggestions and pictures are always a plus.

THANKS!
get the one from the WS6store!!!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 06:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the RevXtreme catch can.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:36 AM
11 Second Club

I picked up mine from revextreme and haven't had any oily intake problems.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

the ONLY thing I don't like about the RevExtreme is that it's all "in your face" when you open the hood... I like mods like that to be a little more subtle... the Rev catchcan sticks out and up a little farther than I'd like... wonder if I could adjust the bracket a little...?
Old 08-24-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

I would like to use the RevXtreme catch can also, however, the pics that I have seen mount the catch can on the front of the pass side head,,, but that is where my EGR stuff is mounted. Has anyone mounted their catch can in another way?
Old 08-24-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

why did u delete ur PCV to begin with? the catchcan doesn't replace the PCV, just helps with consumption issues.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc99SS
I would like to use the RevXtreme catch can also, however, the pics that I have seen mount the catch can on the front of the pass side head,,, but that is where my EGR stuff is mounted. Has anyone mounted their catch can in another way?
Mount it anywhere you like....just specify the "universal mount" ...or if room on the drivers side just specify drivers side in the order....or the brake booster mount bolts work good.

Yes on bending the bracket....it can be bent anyway you want. On the size, it is a 1 qt capacity. The key to the most effective removal (w/out much added expense) is the most surface area possible to condense the vapors to droplets & contain them as far from the outlet as possible.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Would a catch can be a good idea for a vehicle with all the emissions still hooked up??
Old 08-24-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TLewis4095
Mount it anywhere you like....just specify the "universal mount" ...or if room on the drivers side just specify drivers side in the order....or the brake booster mount bolts work good.

Yes on bending the bracket....it can be bent anyway you want. On the size, it is a 1 qt capacity. The key to the most effective removal (w/out much added expense) is the most surface area possible to condense the vapors to droplets & contain them as far from the outlet as possible.
oh thanks for the info!

got any pics of it hooked up to the brake booster? that sounds like it might interest me a bit more
Old 08-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And yes the seperator works great with all emmissions still on the car. It is a closed unit so it just needs to be installed inline between the vacume source (intake manifold fitting) and the crancase vent (valve covers on LS1, and valley cover on LS6 & newer).
Old 08-25-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

I like my Norris Motorsports/Thunder Racing catch can. Billet construction, very clean looking and not huge.