Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wheelhop on a lowered LS1.. ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wheelhop on a lowered LS1.. ?

Hey guys.. My SS has almost 51,900 miles on it, and when launching from first and into 2nd i get some pretty decent wheelhop.. The car has been lowered with the Eibach pro kit.. Is this normal for a car that's been lowered with that many miles? (or is it just my crappy driving? lol) I'm not a horrible driver, i haven't gotten to drive it much since i got it so i definately have room to get used to the car and get better with it, but even still.... just curious.
Should i just get some LCA relocation brackets?
I heard the weld-ins were cheaper and stronger, but i really don't want to have to take it anywhere to get them welded, so if bolt ins would be plenty i wanna go that route..
So i guess the question is, do i suck, or just need some lca reloc. brackets?
Thanks a lot guys...
Old 08-25-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Get some! UMI Lca's lca relocation brackets I have the bolt ins and love them with zero wheel hop!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car had 64k on it when i lowered it on stranos and now has wheel hop. Get the relocation brackets and it will cure all your troubles
Old 08-26-2008, 02:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

The shocks are also in play here. Not saying brackets won't help, but the shocks do control the axle's rate of movement. When you lower a car you add some spring rate, and also lessen the amount of travel the shock has to do their job of damping the movement. In posts 1 and 3 they both have lowering springs, they also both have stock shocks.

My car is lowered (yes, with my springs), and I have no axle hop.... and no LCA relocation brackets either. But I also have good shocks.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-26-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
The shocks are also in play here. Not saying brackets won't help, but the shocks do control the axle's rate of movement. When you lower a car you add some spring rate, and also lessen the amount of travel the shock has to do their job of damping the movement. In posts 1 and 3 they both have lowering springs, they also both have stock shocks.

My car is lowered (yes, with my springs), and I have no axle hop.... and no LCA relocation brackets either. But I also have good shocks.

yeah i was about to add that to it lol
Old 08-26-2008, 03:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello, just to give you another option. We offer a bolt in relocation bracket that will eliminate your wheelhop issues. If you have any question please give us a call. Our tech dept is open mon-fri 8:30am-6:00pm est.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 12-09-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

I'm definately going to order some when i get the chance..
Thanks a lot guys!
I'll have to ponder the options when the time comes.. which is hopefully soon..lol
Old 08-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano

What kinda of shocks do you have? I am in the market for new shocks.
Mine is street driven and taken down the 1/4 mile every chance I get.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he has koni's, which are awesome but im biased, bilsteins, however those arent good for lowered cars, kyb adjustables, and tokios.

Quick Reply: Wheelhop on a lowered LS1.. ?