LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

help!!! well give me suggestions...lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help!!! well give me suggestions...lol

ok guys the ride is now up and running!! it ended up being my accel ignition box that was bad and was making everything go weird..speartech is only like an hour and half away and i took it to them to see if it had something wrong in the wiring or the computer seeing that they did all my computer and wiring on the car.. well they found the problem and got it taken care of for me and took care of some other things too for me that i needed done since i did a 97 motor in a 94 car and used the 97 harness on the 94 car so they had to rework my whole motor harness to be compatible with my 94 under dash harness and my 97 computer..on top of it all i went from an auto to a 6 spd..so they wired up my clutch safety switch and bypassed my vats in my key the right way instead of the resistor in the wires like i had it..they only charged me 150 in total..bottom line speartech is such a great place and very resaonable and i would recomend them to anyone out there that needs computer work or wiring work done for their lt1 car or motor...they are the best in my opinion................thanks for all the help and ill leave these threads like this if anyone ever has these problems they can look at this thread and maybe get some help off of them..thanks for all the help for all those who have tried helping..my opti was good btw if you have threads

ok brand new sparkplugs, wires.....i think i know wnat the prob is but i want suggestions before i go out there and go ripping on ****...lol...ok here is the deal car fires right up and as soon as it does it dies...like instantly...now here is my ?..can your crank position sensor allow your fuel pump not work?? well just throw suggestions at me and ill tell you if its that or not and we will illiminate it as it goes....thanks and maybe with everyone here helping me we can narrow it down to one thing and get her going..dumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumd umdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdum thanks all, jarrett

Last edited by jarretthise; 09-11-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:00 AM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

what did you do to the car before it started doing this, or did it start doing this so you started replacing some parts? we can help, but need details to do so
what year is the car? sounds like a fuel pump, possibly the regulator??? do you have a rail mounted f/p gauge? definitely a good investment!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok left a light on inside and ran the battery down...battery low and blew the ignition fuse on the under hood fuse block...changed the fuse and charged the battery...still nothing...so i put new plugs in thinking they maybe were fowled out but still no response...the opti is what gives the injectors permission to fire so if the system is already primed my fuel pump wont run right?? im not hearing my fuel pump come on so im thnking thats it or maybe its the opti..theres a lttle more for you to go on...the year of the car is a 94 but the drivetrain is 97...so a 97 pretty much
Old 08-30-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, if you flick the key forward (not enough to start it obviously) and dont hear the fuel pump prime, then thats definitely a place to start...
Old 08-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Launching!

SES light on? How about the security light?

Check the fuel pressure via the schrader valve. If that checks out, check for spark at the plug. That should get you pointed in the right direction as opposed to shooting in the dark.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

i will check...where is the fuel pump relay on these 94 bay harnesses??? i dont think either are on but will check to be sure...also i think ive narrowed it down to the relay or the actualy pump itself....jsut need to know where the relay is...as it is not marked anywhere and my book isnt telling me for some odd reason..thanks guys....
Old 08-30-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok guys checked my relay...everything is good there..the red powers up and the green with white chaser is good for the cycle and the grey is good...im going to change my pump and see if that does the trick here....should as this ride has been under construction for 2 yrs and sat for a year before i got it...soo we will see what this does to it...ill keep ya posted till then, keep throwing suggestions at me though seeing when i get done with the pump if its not it then i can look for something else...but pump really is my only concern as its getting power and there isnt even a prime....i got 25 lbs when i hooked up the f/r....keep em comin guys..thanks alot
Old 08-30-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh btw...what do lts stock pump usually run??
Old 08-30-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh yea btw my ses light and security lights werent on...i had all those taken care of.....i double checked though.. again thanks guys
Old 08-30-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok now here we go again....just changed my pump to another one that i know is good....for sure....still nothing same situation...plz if any more suggestions then plz help...oh yea and btw my old pump didnt run and this one doest run in the car and i know its good becuase i had checked it b4 i put it in the tank....anyways suggestions on why the car isnt running and why the fuel pump is running nor priming my system?? plz seriously guys help me out here...this has got to have happened to someone before on here..come on guys think think think....im getting stumped now..
Old 08-30-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok well one more ? could my pcm be bad in it?? in my 89 it was doing the same thing and it was tpi car....it ended up being a bad pcm...so throw some ideas or suggestions or even ANSWERS if you can my way....thanks guys
Old 08-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Are you getting power to the pump? Check those wires out to ensure that you are in fact getting power to the pump. That should tell you something.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks....ill try that here in a little bit. and let you know what i find out...ill keep posting...anyone else??
Old 08-31-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any luck?
Old 08-31-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

nope i tested the grey wire coming out of the relay going to the back...it has power...weird situation though...my sec light came back on and i think its in my pcm...when i did my motor swap i speartech bypass the vats in there and i think thats what is causing it....im not sure my pcm is working correctly...i had 40 lbs today sooo...let me know guys
Old 09-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Launching!

So you have already gotten the VATS bypass done?

There is also the theft deterrent relay, but I believe that it just keeps the starter solenoid from engaging. If its cranking, this shouldn't be your problem.

I'm still kind of confused as to whats going on.

Last edited by 97Z28LT1; 09-03-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

97z plz pm with your number and ill give you every silnge detail possible...its getting old tryingh to talk to a bunch of ppl about this...they are throwing things at me in pms i know it cant be....deleting them as soon as they come in...but plz if at all possible plz help me with this...i think the vats bypass is fu**ed up in it for some reason...ive done almost everything now and still nothing....well hope to hear from you soon thanks man
Old 09-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Launching!

PM Sent
Old 09-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Launching!

Any news?
Old 09-03-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

k guys some more news...did the noid light test..good there...now it had spark at the plug but it wasnt a constant tick on each crank...it was like crank crank tick crank tick crank crank crank tick....the crank being the car cranking and the tick being the plug firing...brand new plug too....so im narrowing it down to m opti now...what do you guys say??