PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads/Cam/Intake chugging issues after tune!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Heads/Cam/Intake chugging issues after tune!

Hey, so basically I've got all the mods that are in my Sig and i'm using the HP Tuners software and I had it Dyno Tuned with the software but I'm still having some issues. Basically it's throwing a misfire every once in a while and when i'm at basically anything below 60 it's kinda chugy, if I hit the gas, the power is right there but when driving normally it kinda bucks a little bit all the time. Also i'm running NGK TR6's with the factory GAP from NGK on them and I dont know if that might have anything to do with it also it has the 39# injectors that came with the LS3 setup. I'm going to include a copy of my tune and a log to see if anyone can see any problems with the tune. Here is a link to a thread that has my tunes on it since i couldn't load it on here. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19788

Thanks for any input!!
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
log1.hpl (256.4 KB, 86 views)
Old 09-05-2008, 11:58 AM
FormerVendor

Was it only dyno tuned? IE only for WOT? If so, this will not address any of the drive-ability issue's you are having, and some proper street tuning is in order.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Yeah the tune was mainly for WOT but from what i've heard from other tuners that portion of it isn't too good, so i'm kinda bummed cause I hope i didnt get ripped off, but the tune was kinda cheap but still a little disappointed with the numbers and the runability.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

$5 says your low end timing is way too high...
Old 09-05-2008, 03:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tbssgto
Yeah the tune was mainly for WOT but from what i've heard from other tuners that portion of it isn't too good, so i'm kinda bummed cause I hope i didnt get ripped off, but the tune was kinda cheap but still a little disappointed with the numbers and the runability.
Where are you located, maybe we can direct you to someone who actually can tune your car
Old 09-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Well i'm from Northern Michigan, and I would like to goto Vector Motorsports, the only reason i didnt is because i needed the car tuned like right away and the guy that had tuned it had done one of my other cars and did an "ok" job. But its appearent i'm gunna need to take it someplace better. I plan to do long tubes and some headwork on my L92's so i figure i'll get it retuned in the spring.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That tune looks like it has a lot of issues.
You need some timing, get that to 27* at WOT.
Your MAF is very erratic, what is you intake ducting?
Is the MAF descreened?
Your MAP reads low at WOT for Michigan, I am at 96-96 at WOT
Did you intentionally never go WOT? I do not any 100% throttle in the entire log. If you actually tried to go WOT, there is most of the issue. Your fuel trim cell is 15 when you should be in 22 for WOT.
I have never seen a PE table set up like yours. needs work, should be smooth and you are lean at WOT.

You really need to get this to a tuner. If I was closer I would help you just for more experience. I can't do much worse than what that guy did.

Last edited by 69LT1Bird; 09-05-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

I can't see the tune or logs, but based on your comments about the MAP sensor issue...

but what it really was is the LS3 MAP sensor was wired wrong which we found out when i was on the dyno. So we ended up putting an LS1 Map on it to tune it. Got the tune done with my HP Tuners Software and everything was fine, when I got home I retrofitted my LS2 Map sensor for the LS3 intake manifold and it's reading the numbers just fine.
...this could possibly be the root cause of the issue; at least the P0106 code. Because the MAP sensor is mounted on the front of the LS3 manifold I would try to use the actual LS3 MAP sensor and retrofit the wiring. I know you mentioned it was originally wired, but was it wired to the correct PIN?

However I am throwing P0106, P0300 codes just about everytime I run the car.
Is the P0300 set at the same time as P0106? Check the freeze frame data to verify the exact engine load and conditions. What cylinders are showing misfire? It could be something as simple as a bad plug or wire.

As for the chugging, it could either be a too rich or too lean condition with incorrect timing. I can't see the logs or tune to read it. Are you running a high stall torque converter?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Teching In

It has a stock torque converter, and basically through several people we have narrowed it down to a horrible tune with nothing set up for the VE tables or the maf so it runs like a big piece of Poo However I have been give some guides on the tuning i need to do so i'm going to try that and hopefully i wont break it.

Quick Reply: Heads/Cam/Intake chugging issues after tune!