Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

URGENT need help from those with a us exotics hood

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default URGENT need help from those with a us exotics hood

first off let me say im in the process of putting the hood on. my issue right now is that the spring for the hood latch is way way to stiff and so i cant fully shut the hood. how did you guys get around this. ive thought of maybe getting some longer bolts and putting some washers so as to lower the catch. any ideas
Old 09-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Launching!

What hood, and why don't you get a stock spring?
Old 09-06-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 954mula
What hood, and why don't you get a stock spring?
its a super hawk hood. your suppose to transfer you hood latch(the latch on the hood) and the release to the new hood the actual catch and the hood lock i guess you could call it is mounted to the front bumper(by the windshield washer fluid reservoir) is not suppose to move. we cut about 4 or 5 coils out of the popper mechanism thats on the latch(the one by the winshield washer fluid reservoir)
Old 09-06-2008, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics? could something else be causing the issue like misalignment? I've heard that US.Ex (Roger) hoods are the best fit in the industry and he spends a lot of time on attention to detail and it's hard to hear that it doesn't work right or even if there was changes, instructions weren't included. Tried calling him?
Old 09-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96ta
its a super hawk hood. your suppose to transfer you hood latch(the latch on the hood) and the release to the new hood the actual catch and the hood lock i guess you could call it is mounted to the front bumper(by the windshield washer fluid reservoir) is not suppose to move. we cut about 4 or 5 coils out of the popper mechanism thats on the latch(the one by the winshield washer fluid reservoir)
It honestly sounds like the latch (bolted to the secondary core support that the u-bolt on the hood feeds into) needs to be raised. You definitely don't want to be cutting springs or anything that drastic, this is just a simple adjustment. The first thing you'll want to do before anything else is to crank all of the rubber bumpstops all the way down as far as they can go so they don't interfere with the latch adjustments. Many people think that your only means of up/down adjustment are the four rubber bumpstops in the engine compartment but you'll actually just want to use those for the fine tuning of the hood levels AFTER the latch is adjusted. If you look closely, the latch is bolted to the car with two 13mm bolts and the holes are slotted up/down. All you have to do is loosen the two blots on the latch that mount it to the secondary core support as seen in the pic here on either side of the latch;

... don't back the bolts out all the way, just loosen them enough so that the latch becomes movable. Just raise the latch up a bit and torque the bolts back down, and attempt to shut the hood. It may take a few tries to tune it in where you need it, but it'll be pretty self-explanatory once you get started. I hope everything works out easily. If you need anymore help at all, please don't hesitate to email me anytime at usexoticsltd@aol.com. Let em know how that works out. Thanks alot!!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:21 AM
12 Second Club

dude, i dunno whats going on with your hood. i didnt have any problems with my superhawk hood.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cptncdy
dude, i dunno whats going on with your hood. i didnt have any problems with my superhawk hood.
Same here. my ws9 went on without a problem
Old 09-07-2008, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my superhawk from Roger didnt give me any trouble either....best of luck to you

Quick Reply: URGENT need help from those with a us exotics hood