Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok to Drive a day at a time with Bottle Open?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ok to Drive a day at a time with Bottle Open?

Is it ok to drive around for a day with Bottle open ,Nitrous unarmed? I am to cheap to buy a remote bottle opener
Thanks
Old 09-13-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

There were a lot of times that i would open my bottle on a Friday night, and not close it untill Saturday or Sunday. They say its kinda hard on the solenoids, but i never had an issue. Just like anything else, make sure you keep everything inspected, and make sure your system has no leaks.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some states that is illegal!
Old 09-13-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have never heard of it being Illegal,I have heard its ok and some say not.But I agree with z28mccrory I would keep things inspected
Old 09-13-2008, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

ive only left mine on for no more then an hour at a time. I have a feelings this is just a press your luck question. You may be fine, or you may not
Old 09-13-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

i would always shut mine at the end of the night and even purge it out. better safe and waste 1.00 of gas, then kill a solenoid.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Village Idiot

I've had the line pressure start to peg when doing that..1500psi....It's best to close the bottle...Then again, I sport those charged up and heated 10lb bottles in the trunk with my dry system.....

That's what sucks about NO, having to open, close those bottles... They do have electronic bottle openers, but never looked into that... I absolutely hate when a race presents itself and the bottle is closed...

You know you can beat the car with the nos, but you also know you won't without it..
Old 09-13-2008, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Ive got a Bottle opener, but sometimes it dosnt want to open the bottle at the first try. And I run out of nitrous so damn fast, its getting old. FI is too damn expensive
Old 09-13-2008, 10:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aww, just reach back and open the bottle

Old 09-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Village Idiot

Back seat nitrous, cool? Give the kids something to play with in the backseat on those long hauls, no?
Old 09-14-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Back seat nitrous, cool? Give the kids something to play with in the backseat on those long hauls, no?
LOL that's a good one.That's why mine is in the very back and I cant turn it on while driving....I wouldn't even purge it until I was ready to go...
Old 09-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Launching!

i need to get off my lazy *** and finish my install...
bottle is in the trunk and i leave it open every day going to work and open all day at the track...i plan on rigging up a ball valve inline on the hose from the trunk so i can open or close the line from inside the car...

when i am home i close it and bleed off the line...
by the time i get all that line done i will have room for 5 more lbs of n2o...
Old 09-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Village Idiot

The only problem with back seat nitrous is the nitrous systems are usually illegal in alot of States... Cop pulls you over for a simple ticket and then says ewwww what's that, Nitrous? Ruined!!!!.... Here in California it is illegal...

The funny thing is I've been pulled over 5 times in the last 2 years all for speeding or exhibition of speed, only got one ticket for loud exhaust once out of those if you can believe that... Everytime I was riding the juice and told the officer I was testing it, never got a ticket for NOS either... I don't think alot of police are even aware that NOS systems are illegal because so few people have them... So back seat bottles for everyone..

My secret for getting out of tickets - Be extremely polite to the officer, admit you got caught and were being stupid, say you were testing something and you don't do it often, lastly sport two american flag stickers on the back of you car.. Works everytime for me...
Old 09-14-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
The only problem with back seat nitrous is the nitrous systems are usually illegal in alot of States... Cop pulls you over for a simple ticket and then says ewwww what's that, Nitrous? Ruined!!!!.... Here in California it is illegal...

The funny thing is I've been pulled over 5 times in the last 2 years all for speeding or exhibition of speed, only got one ticket for loud exhaust once out of those if you can believe that... Everytime I was riding the juice and told the officer I was testing it, never got a ticket for NOS either... I don't think alot of police are even aware that NOS systems are illegal because so few people have them... So back seat bottles for everyone..

My secret for getting out of tickets - Be extremely polite to the officer, admit you got caught and were being stupid, say you were testing something and you don't do it often, lastly sport two american flag stickers on the back of you car.. Works everytime for me...
WOW LUCKY! But alot of cops are car guys. mine is in the back with a duffle bag with the bottom cut out ,if a cop pulled me over it just looks like I have a bag full of junk Heehee