Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Thinkin of superchargin my CETA!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thinkin of superchargin my CETA!

Can anybody please hook me up wit some advice on whether i should supercharge my ride? I would like my TA to have some more power but also streetable. I might take to tha strip every blue moon but not often. My ride has bout 68k miles on tha clock and just got tha bolt ons which u can see in tha sig. I drive it under normal conditions so will my stock internals will handle it? Or should i get H/C done? Guys or gals, let me know somethin. Peace.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will say, reading your post made me pop my collar.

Do a search: Your motor will be fine. There are other things you should worry about.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bboyferal
I will say, reading your post made me pop my collar.

Do a search: Your motor will be fine. There are other things you should worry about.
Well what should i worry bout? BTW nice FOXHOUND avatar. So u a Metal Gear fan?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CETAWS6
Well what should i worry bout? BTW nice FOXHOUND avatar. So u a Metal Gear fan?
Fuel system and drivetrain would be my primary concerns...you don't add the extra power of a blower and expect everything to remain as reliable as stock.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

do you have the money for it? realible secondary transportation?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Fuel system and drivetrain would be my primary concerns...you don't add the extra power of a blower and expect everything to remain as reliable as stock.
I agree and wasn't implying I would leave everything to remain stock. I just merely askin questions and to obtain answers from this website cause u guys seem to know alot bout these LS motors.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02NBMFormula
do you have the money for it? realible secondary transportation?
Yea I do have tha money for it and I have reliable secondary transportation. Why do u ask Sir?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CETAWS6
Yea I do have tha money for it and I have reliable secondary transportation. Why do u ask Sir?
because **** breaks and if you dont have secondary transportation you a walkin!!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ZDOG
because **** breaks and if you dont have secondary transportation you a walkin!!!!
Ok thank u for explaining.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

bingo! f/i is expensive, anyone that tells you otherwise is a fool. sure the blower kit is only 6k but thats just where it begins. when getting a kit, look at who gives the best customer service, search a little bit to find this out. also the tune is everything, and i mean absolutely everything.

f/i makes your car produce a lot of power that breaks ****. yes they fbodies and ls1's are pretty strong but **** happens, be prepared.

f/i can be a huge pain in the *** but it can be very rewarding, just got to work for it.

hope this helps
Old 09-13-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02NBMFormula
bingo! f/i is expensive, anyone that tells you otherwise is a fool. sure the blower kit is only 6k but thats just where it begins. when getting a kit, look at who gives the best customer service, search a little bit to find this out. also the tune is everything, and i mean absolutely everything.

f/i makes your car produce a lot of power that breaks ****. yes they fbodies and ls1's are pretty strong but **** happens, be prepared.

f/i can be a huge pain in the *** but it can be very rewarding, just got to work for it.

hope this helps
Yea it does thanx...for a bunch of gurus you guys seem grumpy.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol.... no just tired of fixing crap!

im in the end stages of a motor install and it fnkin raining and is supposed to be raining tomorrow. i pushed the car out of the garage for more room and i finaly get a weekend off and now crappy weather. oh well
Old 09-13-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

lol.... no just tired of fixing crap!

im in the end stages of a motor install and it fnkin raining and is supposed to be raining tomorrow. i pushed the car out of the garage for more room and i finaly get a weekend off and now crappy weather. oh well
So...that explains ur attitude. Understood. I used to be all types of weather and climate. Got used to it...makes u adaptable.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

My IMO...why dont you get another LS1 powered car, say a run of the mill WS6 for example and toy with that? The CETA is a collectible car and its value will be more if leaved as unmolested as possible. Thats what I would do if I had the money and the time for such a project.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chaman
My IMO...why dont you get another LS1 powered car, say a run of the mill WS6 for example and toy with that? The CETA is a collectible car and its value will be more if leaved as unmolested as possible. Thats what I would do if I had the money and the time for such a project.
U know what? That's a good point! But damn, I have a TBSS and a CETA. There's only so many rides I can get. Tha reason I got tha CETA was because I got it from tha stealership at $13k wit 50k miles at tha time and always wanted a TA. Thanx man.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Please....leave that awesome, rare bird alone...when it starts breaking **** you will remember these words! Good luck!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chaman
Please....leave that awesome, rare bird alone...when it starts breaking **** you will remember these words! Good luck!
Will do. I know what I said earlier but I wasn't too sure bout gettin it S/C. When I'm not 100% bout anythin I don't do it.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

THE.....is not spelled THA!!! and 'ya' wonder why we are grumpy also 'bout' has an A in front therefor ABOUT

otherwise, a few pounds of boost on a stock setup is not much, if any, more power then a solid Head/cam package on a stock setup.

If i were you, save your "dollaz" on a blower kit and throw some "chedda" at a short block or trans or rear end that will be more power friendly
Old 09-14-2008, 07:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
THE.....is not spelled THA!!! and 'ya' wonder why we are grumpy also 'bout' has an A in front therefor ABOUT

otherwise, a few pounds of boost on a stock setup is not much, if any, more power then a solid Head/cam package on a stock setup.

If i were you, save your "dollaz" on a blower kit and throw some "chedda" at a short block or trans or rear end that will be more power friendly
Dollaz, chedda, and ya? Ha, you are funny guy! First of all "grumpy" I don't need to be told how to spell "the" and "about" especially from you! Also, there are alot of members on this forum use misspelled words, and profanity to say whatever they want. Unlike you, I'm cool about it and I know what they say. I don't try to correct everyone on this forum. I take advice and run with it. Pettiness must be your game and getting your panties in a bunch is your specialty. Seriously, if you don't have anything nice to say or verbally attack someone that you never see or hear, then don't say anything to me. Thank you. God bless you. BTW professor, "therefor" is correctly spelled as "therefore". I suggest you get your **** straight before you correct others.

Last edited by CETAWS6; 09-14-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Hmhm...
why don't you go nitrous?

Well the **** thats going to break is :ya A4 annd ya 10 bolt so suggest you take care of that first ie thow some money at it do a search on 9inch and on 4le60 i would suggest from this side of the big pond.

Also you need to hook: so suspension mods are indispensable too!
I am flipping here because I wanna wet shot for a extra 100 horses, but shipping costs of the all the metal(A4 and rear-end) is scaring me away from these thoughts.
The motor should be fine if its done with consideration an professionality.
Regards.

Quick Reply: Thinkin of superchargin my CETA!