Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

closest mustang race of all time!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default closest mustang race of all time!!

theres really no fast cars around here so im used to pretty much just dusting everyone, a friend has a 01 gt with ported heads bigger cams intake exhaust 4.10's and lowering springs should be a good race i think so we talk lot of trash, with the lowering springs traction is a HUGE problem for him on street tires it blows them off through 1st and 2nd and spins into 3rd, i hook up pretty good, race time: we both do big burnouts and line em up, i take off pretty well slipping the clutch a little off the line(so i wouldnt spin to much) and chirpin em into 2nd, on the other hand he spins Hard in 1st and a little into second so i have an early lead of about a half a car on him, then he comes back and noses ahead then right at the quarter mile im commin back around him and by the time i hit 4th im half a car ahead, it was such a close race that we go back and ask everyone watchin and the guy taping who won, we looked at the tape and turns out i lose by literally no more than 6 inche, although i do think they measured the 1/4 out a little short and i came around him at what i think was the real 1/4, but anyway it was the closest most exciting race of my life in 90% of the quarter i could look straight over in his eyes, before we leave i race a intake exhaust gears 5 speed 00 gt and win by 3 links over all some good racing, gotta do a couple more mods now and go back out and beat him
Old 09-17-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

also its as good of a race on paper as in real life he put down 301 rwhp, and my intake exhaust 6 speed should also have right around that(never had it dynoed but figuring bout 10-15 hp over stock rwhp should be around 300), if we would have kept going though i would have smoked him i had way more top end
Old 09-17-2008, 03:12 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice death, it seems like your car should have won though.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice death. I think at the track you would have pulled him through the end of the 1320. Good race.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Teching In

good death ,the 98 ss i had was a pig 13.90@101.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Nice death. I think at the track you would have pulled him through the end of the 1320. Good race.
i think if they raced at the track the gt would have hooked sooner and got out further.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL ^^

cool...nice race
Old 09-17-2008, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Good kill it was a little hard to read as it seemed like it was one huge run on sentence almost like you took a big breath and started talking real fast almost like that guy in the 80's who was the spoke person for those little toys called micro machines they were so cool I had a few but my dog ate my favorite one, but I would think that you would have pulled more on the guy instead of him nosing you out by 6 inches time for more mods.

-Mark
Old 09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Teching In

good runs but how is he blowin the tires off in 1st 2nd and 3rd, when my stang was makin 310rwhp i could hook from a 1st gear roll all day. its a diff story now but he should have no problems except maybe barking 2nd and 3rd lol
Old 09-17-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice Race. The guy I bought my car from had some races with an 03 cobra that was pullied, exhaust, and tuned...since then I added the 90mm intake and tb on the car and I am finally gonna have the car tuned. I think I should have a good race Im gonna post up videos on here of it...around here the only stangs that give me a good race is cobras...but there is a stock gt500 a kid has around here...he runs around racing ricers and everything...I heard threw the grapevine he wants to race me..he said he'll have no problem LOL...my car dynoed 399.4rwhp with the previous owner and like i said..i added the 90mm intake and tb and am gonna have it tuned.

Nice death thought.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
i think if they raced at the track the gt would have hooked sooner and got out further.
Depends on the track conditions as well. At the track I go too, I hook better on the street then there. If he runs the same exact set up, he might hook better, he might not. But regarding him starting to catch him...if they didn't race a full 1/4, I could see him pulling back top end.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Depends on the track conditions as well. At the track I go too, I hook better on the street then there. If he runs the same exact set up, he might hook better, he might not. But regarding him starting to catch him...if they didn't race a full 1/4, I could see him pulling back top end.
^^thats exactly what was happening i went back out and measured the best i could with my tripometer and i think the so called "1/4 mile" we raced was more like 1100 feet quite a bit short. Im conviced i would have had him by a car in the full 1320 i was gaining ground quite at the end of the race. By the time we were almost to what i think was 1320 i was over a half car ahead. As to why his car spins so hard im not sure but i really am not exagerating i think its because of his poor suspension setup and hi revving cams. Lol sorry about the run on sentences english isnt my specialty. ill try to get the video from him so people can see just how close it really was. I think his car is a freak because it runs exceptionally well and it really is an absolute tire shredder the motor was built right the suspension wasnt
Old 09-17-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Good kill it was a little hard to read as it seemed like it was one huge run on sentence almost like you took a big breath and started talking real fast almost like that guy in the 80's who was the spoke person for those little toys called micro machines they were so cool I had a few but my dog ate my favorite one, but I would think that you would have pulled more on the guy instead of him nosing you out by 6 inches time for more mods.

-Mark
THAT WAS FUNNY!!!>..
Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
good runs but how is he blowin the tires off in 1st 2nd and 3rd, when my stang was makin 310rwhp i could hook from a 1st gear roll all day. its a diff story now but he should have no problems except maybe barking 2nd and 3rd lol
(psst...the op raced an 01, not S197, and it has 4.10s on street tires).
Old 09-17-2008, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

Nice death
Old 09-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bitemark46

-Mark
English class? Street racing stories. HMMMM

Good death, Figured you woul have won OP
Old 09-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Was there a start/finish line marked?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Teching In

If not u won. When I did a run were the 1/4 mile was measured and marked. I hit a surprising 106mph trap and i was in 4th gear (can,t remember what rpm tho )
Old 09-17-2008, 09:43 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by BlkZ28559
If not u won. When I did a run were the 1/4 mile was measured and marked. I hit a surprising 106mph trap and i was in 4th gear (can,t remember what rpm tho )
For the record, "trap speed" is not the speed you are going when you pass through the traps. It is the average speed over the last 66' of track. Good race OP.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlkZ28559
Was there a start/finish line marked?
no i plan on marking it out and racing him again. i know ill beat him i was coming around him pretty fast but the peopla were all watching from where they thought the 1/4 mile ended, when really its a couple hundred feet short. right after we passed the crowd i started pullin ahead and ended up half a car ahead.
o ya and **** english
Old 09-17-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know by the mods it sounds like i should be beating him, but he went to gateway international dragstrip a while back and barely broke into the 12's. That was with minimal tire spin his other runs were around 13.1 with more wheel spin, so it really runs well. So racing on the street (that doesnt offer much traction) it equals to mid 13's which is right around where a basically stock ss should be on the street.