Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yo wtf what happened to my ltft's GRRRRRRR here we go again

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yo wtf what happened to my ltft's GRRRRRRR here we go again

How in the heck can they just change themselves that way? They have gotten bad again I just don't get it My cars possessed. That's exactly why I'm going with hp tuners, no offense against diablosport of course I'll just sell the scanner. I didnt touch anything they just all of a sudden went south again::shrugs::I dunno Btw I've been using a aeroforce gauge meant for a gtp I dont know if that matters or not ::shrugs::

Last edited by onebadazzls1ta; 09-27-2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: update
Old 09-24-2008, 06:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You say they went south. Do you mean its taking fuel away with the trims, or adding fuel.

If its adding, then perhaps fuel filter. (lack of pressure therefore having to had injectors open longer to give enough fuel)

If its both banks? if its one bank, perhaps O2's sensor failing

If its taking fuel away, perhaps an obstruction of air, dirty filter, or an animal sucked into the ram air.

Were you measuring on similar days? My IAT sensor has been giving me a run around for a couple of years, my fuel trims were always changing, this was due to the IAT sitting above the radiator, and after 30mins i go and do another log, and the IAT is heat soaked. I' now put it in the air box, and results a lot more consistant now.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it's adding and yeah I'd say similar days IT'S ALWAYS HOT LOL yeah both banks they werent equal but they where both rich. fuel filter is new has less then 20,000 on it, They can also be to lean by the same token though to. I dunno I just think my cars possessed LOL.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onebadazzls1ta
How in the heck can they just change themselves that way? They have gotten bad again I just don't get it My cars possessed. That's exactly why I'm going with hp tuners, no offense against diablosport of course I'll just sell the scanner. I didnt touch anything they just all of a sudden went south again::shrugs::I dunno
How far are they off? Mine will be 2- to -3 to +2 +3 depending on the weather outside
Old 09-24-2008, 02:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, there are things that can affect the trims?
Are you waiting till the car is fully up to temp before you monitor them?

Not for nothin, but I doubt your going to fix the problem by switching to HPtuners, especially if it is an issue with the car itself, since the tune cannot change, no matter whose tune it is....
Old 09-24-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah mike, we are talking from -1 to 10 to -4 to 6 it goes from one extreme to the other LOL
Old 09-24-2008, 02:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

All at the same cruise RPM and similar coolant temps?
Old 09-24-2008, 02:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yeah, something's up with your car... the tune itself can not be changed unless it is reflashed...

you need to check out intake, exhaust for leaks, bad O2 sensors, etc etc, and other things that were mentioned above...

it ain't the tune, and no other tuning app is going to give any different results since it's a physical/mechanical issue with your car itself.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-24-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Regular

It is NOT the fault of the tuning device. You have some other issue going on. However, I would not get so very excited about those LTFTs. Check the tightness on all bolts, intake manifold, exhaust headers, airlid, etc. 20,000miles can be alot of miles for a fuel filter, depending on where you get your gas. Good luck, I know that it can be very fustrating to find the root cause of your changing LTFTs. Maybe, alot of it is due to weather conditions.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been using an aeroforce gauge designed for a gtp for ltft's. Does that matter?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You have a fuel delivery problem.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Question yep..

Originally Posted by Full-Force
You have a fuel delivery problem.
that's my take on it, 2.
Have you looked at fuel pressure when this is happening?
[I see no mention of that, in your description.]
Old 09-30-2008, 09:33 AM
12 Second Club

I know your Ltrims are out of wack and you'll have to search for the problem but even if you get your trims in line -2.00 to 0 does the PCM still not correct those adjustments you made back to say +4.xx or +3.xx to keep it at GM spec 14.xx ?
Old 10-02-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Your car is going to run at stoich in closed loop even if your fuel trims are off.

Now I like to think of your fuel trims as the error. The trims are the correction that has been made on average to keep it at stoich.

The only way to get them corrected so that you have no error is altering the ve table or the maf table.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Full-Force
Your car is going to run at stoich in closed loop even if your fuel trims are off.

Now I like to think of your fuel trims as the error. The trims are the correction that has been made on average to keep it at stoich.

The only way to get them corrected so that you have no error is altering the ve table or the maf table.

Ditto! Adjust your VE tables or the MAF Table... HP Tuners rules!