Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Whats Your Closest Kill Story?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Whats Your Closest Kill Story?

Lets here your stories about your closest win you have had against someone.
Please include type of car, year, mods, etc

THANKS!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Heres mine:
2001 M6 Camaro Z28 vs 2001 M6 Audi S4

my mods: Bora exhaust, SLP lid, Nitto 555R drag radial tires.
his mods: stage 2+ S4 with a fmic, performance chip, and exhaust

we get lined up from 25 mph and he has his friend as a flagger ahead and I missed the drop. The Audi got the jump and as I shifted to 2 were pretty even. Had a fender on him.

Then we decided to go from a launch. There was a little slope so my car rolled forward and we launched. He got the jump because I couldn't hear his horn. He pulled instantly and I didn't even bother. Let him take it.

Then we turned around and headed to the starting line. I said lets move back some more to where its more flat and this time ill do the 3 honks. I had it revved at 3000 rpm and honked it off. We both launched at the same time and he was a fender on me as I was spinning. But as I was shifting into 2 and got traction I began to pull on him and let off because a turn was coming up. Maybe had a around half car or less. If it was more of a straight away I would of just kept pulling on him im sure.. We turned around and pulled back onto the side of the street. exchanged good races and talked for a while. def a fast car and my first Audi kill. DAM close one!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, not necessarily my "closest" race, but close none-the-less and definitely my favorite random street race so far - LS3 Vette. I'll copy and paste.

"I was cruising around because it was such a nice day when I saw a C6 pulling out onto the same two lane road as me. I slowed down a bit to check it out and when he caught up, I noticed it was a 2008 (wheels and later confirmed by him). It was white with the clear roof (targa? as far as I could tell), and it was just one of the nicest looking, cleanest cars I've ever seen.

He paid no attention to me for about 10 miles, which was fine because we were in a high cop area and I was just cruising a ways ahead of him, but just as we got to where the road turns to a two lane highway, traffic had cleared and it was just him and me. As he was pulling up on me doing about 65 or so, I dropped it to third and goosed it a bit, which clearly got his attention.

He looks over and seems for the first time to realize I'm there and ready to go. He punches it and I nail it a split second later so that we got a dead even start. I pulled a tiny bit on him before the shift light came on and I shifted to fourth. By the top of fourth, I had put just about a full car on him and then shifted to fifth (I usually let off at the top of fourth, about 120, but he was still in it). Through fifth I pulled another 1/2 car or so and let off when my shift light came on. I looked at my speedo and we were doing about 140 or just under. He let off almost exactly when I did. It was literally the perfect race from beginning to end.

Needless to say, I was absolutely thrilled that I not only got to run an LS3 Vette, but it was the perfect race, no passengers for either of us, and we took it to a higher speed than I've ever taken my car (not to mention I won). I was worried that he'd start creeping back when we got into fifth, but this GTO tranny has a pretty short fifth and, along with the 4.10s, the car pulled very well way up there.

A ways down the road I got him to roll down the window and he told me it was a 2008 Automatic (all 6-speed autos now). I told him it was an amazing looking car and one of my favorites, then we both exchanged a thumbs up and went on our separate ways.

And by the way, my car is a 2002 Z28 M6, mild H/C, 400rwhp through a Moser 12-bolt with 4.10s, the MN12 GTO tranny, a 3.5" aluminum driveshaft, bolt-ons and some suspension work. The adrenaline's still going for me as this is the exact race I would have asked for if someone offered me any race I wanted."

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 09-24-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Village Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

90's model Saleen Mustang vs.. SC400 Lexus (nitro) - We were neck and neck all the way up to 100at I just edged him out... A great race and victory as that was a modified Saleen to boot and very fast...

A couple of years ago...

Lost some close ones to, and mostly to Vettes, and Vipers...
Old 09-24-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My closest race was against my friend's 05 GT. I out launched him and held a half length lead up to 120 when we shut down.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default hmm

about 2 years ago 2005 stang GT had exhaust,intake,suspension mods and a 75shot nitrous.

at the track at the time we both ran exact 13.0@107mph
Old 09-24-2008, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got several, but this is the closest one that pertains to this website (others were from my old SBC 383 '79 camaro)

I was in my pewter '99 z28 (2 cars ago). It was a futral F11 cam only car (well plus ls6 intake, UD pulley, tci 4400 converter, 3.73s). I raced my friends twin turbo (at the time) supra. He was making about 40 more HP than me, and we went 3 times, door to door every time. I'd get the jump about a car, and he'd reel me in, then we'd be back and forth with each other at each shift. Pretty entertaining and a fun time til he went single and left me in the dust. BUT now I have a hairdryer too and in about a month or so its payback time
Old 09-24-2008, 04:23 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
about 2 years ago 2005 stang GT had exhaust,intake,suspension mods and a 75shot nitrous.

at the track at the time we both ran exact 13.0@107mph
Not to , but that's a HORRIBLE time for those mods... you sure he had the nitrous on? As far as my story, it was probably back when I had my K&N/X-pipe/exhaust '98 GT (3.27 car). Came across a cherry '97 Z28 6spd driven by a 40-45yr old guy. Went from several 20-45mph rolls, with him winning by .5-1.5 cars each time up to 120mph. I was pretty stoked to hang that close. From a 5mph roll he put a couple lengths on me in 1st gear, but that's LT1 low-end torque for ya.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

def some good runs guys.... PewterScreaminMach thats bad *** that you won against a 08 vette. wish it was on video!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Mine Mods: SLP DD exhaust/SLP intake lid
His: SR20DET swapped 240sx, exhaust, intake

I was driving along one of the main roads here in Mankato, and I see this 240 pull out onto the road, and so I hear that he has an exhaust and so I felt like dicking around with him.

So I get next to him, and he compliments me on my car and asks if I want to race. I'm game for it, so we just go from a 30 roll. I don't know if he was nervous or what, but I'm trying to slow down, from 45-30, well he ends up being about a 3/4 of a car ahead of me. I just tell him to go when he's ready, and hes already downshifted, he floors it, so I follow suit. I chase him down and am along side him by about 75, and am passing him around 90-100 or so. We do that 2 more times, and each time he had at least a car on me before we started.

Not to bad IMO...you may disagree, but I haven't had time to take the car to the track and see what kind of numbers I can put down.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

well my closest race happened today.
it was a GT california special with intake exhaust and sct tune.
against my formula. he was on my bumper for about 2 miles when we pulled on to the exit for the highway im in 2nd at 45mph waiting on him to come to my side and we honk it off perfect start we raced till 100-110 and around my 3rd gear shift i pulled half car on him and thats where it stayed. he was right beside my door the rest of the way.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

05 GSXR 1000 had a pipe, straped, stretched I believe, and a few other things I am not sure about.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
90's model Saleen Mustang vs.. SC400 Lexus (nitro) - We were neck and neck all the way up to 100at I just edged him out... A great race and victory as that was a modified Saleen to boot and very fast...

A couple of years ago...

Lost some close ones to, and mostly to Vettes, and Vipers...
Me too actually. When my car was pretty much stock I was coming home late one night and this Mustang follows me into my neighborhood. I take a few quick turns and lose him b/c it was 1am and I didn't wanna race in the mist. I come out of the alleyways by my house and who comes rumbling up the street? Same Mustang only this time I can see it's not any normal one that I'm used too. He asks if I wanna run and I oblige. (I had noticed that it was a SaleenSC 97-98) and was not happy b/c I thought I was about to lose badly. We both hit it from about a 40 roll (both manuals) and we are dead even. With each shift the leads changes by a nose until the end of 3rd where I edge him by a fender.
The greatest adrenaline rush besides driving a Winston cup car.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

good runs..

IMgettingLS1 should of been in first gear on that against the mustang. you ran a 12 sec pass in your 97 formula?
Old 09-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Teching In

My closest run was when my car had just cat back & lid 01 camaro ss A4 vs 03 cobra three runs two from a roll 1 from a dig I beat him by A fender all three times...
Old 09-24-2008, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
good runs..

IMgettingLS1 should of been in first gear on that against the mustang. you ran a 12 sec pass in your 97 formula?
ya i should of been i was at 55 but he slowed down for the hit at 45.
the formula ran a 12.20 with a 120 shot
the car may touch 12's right now na but doubt it with some good tires. all runs been with riken raptors which are a good cheap tire. best NA has been 13.37
Old 09-24-2008, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by P-DOG
My closest run was when my car had just cat back & lid 01 camaro ss A4 vs 03 cobra three runs two from a roll 1 from a dig I beat him by A fender all three times...
good kill. id say the driver mod in the cobra is needed though but anything happens on the street. i cant touch my friends 03 cobra conv. never raced but ive drove his
Old 09-25-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats a hell of a run with a cobra.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
OK, not necessarily my "closest" race, but close none-the-less and definitely my favorite random street race so far - LS3 Vette. I'll copy and paste.
I got a 07 vette under my belt. its a good feeling
Old 09-25-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

When I had my Ported Eaton Cobra with a very aggressive tune and solid axle, my brother-in-law and I ran into a 96/97 Viper GTS with a cam and a 100 shot and we ran from 20 up to 140-150 and he was a fender on me the whole time. Best race I have had yet.