LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

A Crusader's Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A Crusader's Dilemma

I was working on the car & had the Battery (negative) disconnected. Well when my work was done the little nut that fastens the clamp on the negative terminal just happened to jump out of my hand!! couldn't find it for nothing! I went to dealerships & no such luck! Where can I purchase this negative nut.
BTW a traditional nut with (even a washer) will not fasten the cable in place securely. I have a top post batt. The nut has to have a double head v shape to it to sit into place correctly.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07carlocrusader
I was working on the car & had the Battery (negative) disconnected. Well when my work was done the little nut that fastens the clamp on the negative terminal just happened to jump out of my hand!! couldn't find it for nothing! I went to dealerships & no such luck! Where can I purchase this negative nut.
BTW a traditional nut with (even a washer) will not fasten the cable in place securely. I have a top post batt. The nut has to have a double head v shape to it to sit into place correctly.
Might want to look at a place that sells woofers that have battery posts n such like at www.edesignaudio.com i beleive. I went back to there site and its changed alittle i don't see there battery post but if you go to google.com and search battery post you'll find plenty that will work i'm suprised the dealership didn't point you in the right direction. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=263-610 theres one
Old 09-29-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is the car still under the B-B warenty? If so take it in, let them deal with it. Just tell them you don't know what happened, and no more. If you try to buy the part from the dealer it will comes as a whole cable w/ clamp. Big bucks, prolly $120 or so.

Last edited by 06WHITEMCSS; 09-29-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default battery post

Yeah I had already ask them about so the secret is revealed! LOL!! I ask for that one little nut and the guy said the only way is to buy the whole cable!! I will try to go under the crusader and see if she can reveal it to me this time around! It was so funny earlier I ran a brisk check and quickly found a traditional nut that I drop earlier!! So maybe I'll luck up tonight after work! 3.75 hours of sleep
Old 09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

So thats no big deal, go to another dealer, unless thats the only one around!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default negative nut

Originally Posted by 06WHITEMCSS
So thats no big deal, go to another dealer, unless thats the only one around!

yeah, here in ATL theres not many dealers around unfortunately! The traditional nut I have on there now holds it down but it does not keep it from twisting around!! Man I hate this!! Sometimes its little shyt that aggravates the crusader most!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

This might be shady but you can go take a Monte or a Impala out for a test drive. And then carefully remove the one from that car takeing care not to drop it. Like I said its shady.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Launching!

just got to an autoparts store and take one off another battery
Old 09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default crusader

now this is what I'm talking about!! Once a man is desperate and people out there give you the run around about a little ol' nut, theres nothing else to do but to get sticky fingers!! LOL!!