Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

sportlines with hals.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sportlines with hals.

So I have hal's on my car... and I bought a set of sportlines for the rear of the car, cause the front is obviously adjustable.

before anyone gets down on me, these springs are just for leisure driving to look good, I have a set of stock rears for performance reasons.... now that that's out of the way...

Way back when I was running stock shocks and sportlines, I could only fit two fingers inbetween the fender and the tire.

now, with the hals, I can fit about FOUR fingers. The car seems like it's only as low as a prokit, but it clearly says sportline on the spring.

It's OK cause my tunnel brace mounted TA sits pretty low, but does anyone have any idea why the car sits so much higher then other cars with this kit? Does it have something to do with the shocks? using the stock bushing thing. pics tomorrow.

thanks
Old 10-01-2008, 07:36 AM
11 Second Club

not sure what pro kit your talking about but my Pro kit on KYB AGX shocks sits low...I can only fit 2 fingers front and back between the fender and tire.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
not sure what pro kit your talking about but my Pro kit on KYB AGX shocks sits low...I can only fit 2 fingers front and back between the fender and tire.
prokit and sportlines are both eibach.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jermzz
prokit and sportlines are both eibach.
opps my bad I typed it wrong....My Pro kit, sits 2 fingers High on my car with KYB AGX shocks....yours is sitting the same with the sportline kit.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
opps my bad I typed it wrong....My Pro kit, sits 2 fingers High on my car with KYB AGX shocks....yours is sitting the same with the sportline kit.
my sportlines sit THREE fingers high with the hals! what gives???
Old 10-02-2008, 09:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Assuming you're drag racing...

Don't you guys need weight transfer? Sportlines won't provide you much weight transfer I wouldn't think. I'd use a different set of springs.

Though the whole drag suspension thing still confuses me. Some people say stock springs and weight transfer is good for the rear end, and others say it's not. Then I read somewhere that it depends on how much power your car has and how well it hooks, like 11+ second cars should have rear suspension weight transfer and really low ET cars don't want to squat.

Either way, drag racing spring recommendations seem to be all over the place in this forum. Wish I knew a bit more on it.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Assuming you're drag racing...

Don't you guys need weight transfer? Sportlines won't provide you much weight transfer I wouldn't think. I'd use a different set of springs.

Though the whole drag suspension thing still confuses me. Some people say stock springs and weight transfer is good for the rear end, and others say it's not. Then I read somewhere that it depends on how much power your car has and how well it hooks, like 11+ second cars should have rear suspension weight transfer and really low ET cars don't want to squat.

Either way, drag racing spring recommendations seem to be all over the place in this forum. Wish I knew a bit more on it.

I already know how to drag race... I don't need advice....

this thread is simply asking WHY my car sits so high with sportlines and hal shocks. thats it.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jermzz
I already know how to drag race... I don't need advice....

this thread is simply asking WHY my car sits so high with sportlines and hal shocks. thats it.
I'm the one who wants the advice. Haha, I never said you needed it. Everyones got the answer though, including the ones who don't know what they are talking about. That's why its so hard to find useful information on these forums.