Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Bottle Heater Installed Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Bottle Heater Installed Pictures

Yes I know I'm an ******* but seeing the pictures helps this idiot understand what it is I'm supposed to wind up with.
I'm looking for the heater installed ON THE BOTTLE, I would like to see the wires and the temperature switch on the bottle.
In other words, how long a length of wire do you leave on the heater so as you can remove and re-install it on your bottle.
Boy I sure hope I am making some sense here.
Thanks guy's / gal's, I appreciate the help.
Bob
Old 10-01-2008, 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

wire lengths depends on your install, leave some slack to move the element around. As far as the temp switch, right off the Bottle nut is where mines at
Old 10-01-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SuperSlow02
wire lengths depends on your install, leave some slack to move the element around. As far as the temp switch, right off the Bottle nut is where mines at
My bottle is installed in the center well on my C5 Corvette. Is the idea to leave maybe 12" or so of wire so I can un-strap the heater while the bottle is still in the brackets? Or do we need much more room to play with?
Temperature Switch install is good, I was thinking exactly as you said.
Thanks
Old 10-01-2008, 06:48 PM
10 Second Club

Just so you can see where the bottle is installed. Install not yet cleaned up but you all get the idea.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:00 PM
11 Second Club

Id leave maybe 2ft, I thinks thats about how long mine is, my relay is right below my mount(in spare tire well) so the lead wires off that add to my length.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

Excellent, Thanks for your help.
Originally Posted by SuperSlow02
Id leave maybe 2ft, I thinks thats about how long mine is, my relay is right below my mount(in spare tire well) so the lead wires off that add to my length.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

this help?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 16again
Excellent, Thanks for your help.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

ABSOLUTELY!! Thanks
Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
this help?
Old 10-02-2008, 09:25 AM
FormerVendor

Bob,

Another good idea is to use the weather pack connectors, like the ones we send out with our kits, so you can just disconnect the wires and pull the bottle out with the heater still attached. Just an idea. Thanks.

Nick

Yes I know I'm an ******* but seeing the pictures helps this idiot understand what it is I'm supposed to wind up with.
I'm looking for the heater installed ON THE BOTTLE, I would like to see the wires and the temperature switch on the bottle.
In other words, how long a length of wire do you leave on the heater so as you can remove and re-install it on your bottle.
Boy I sure hope I am making some sense here.
Thanks guy's / gal's, I appreciate the help.
Bob
Old 10-02-2008, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Bob,

Another good idea is to use the weather pack connectors, like the ones we send out with our kits, so you can just disconnect the wires and pull the bottle out with the heater still attached. Just an idea. Thanks.

Nick
yup thats what i used the cold weather packs makes it a lot easier. I was lazy the first time and didnt use them used male and femail connectors and yea they kept on falling out and one actually burnt up for some reason. I gave up threw the weather packs on and it was the best thing i did. Pepboys etc sells the weather packs
Old 10-02-2008, 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

Hi Nick, I have the DynoTune heater. Can you show me the connectors you are talking about? If they will work with my heater, I'll order the connectors from you. I pretty much have the wiring all run, just need to install the proper connectors and wire loom some wires. I am not in a rush as we just received word that the new track is going to delay it's opening a week or so.

Bob
Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Bob,

Nick
Old 10-02-2008, 12:55 PM
FormerVendor

Hi Nick, I have the DynoTune heater. Can you show me the connectors you are talking about? If they will work with my heater, I'll order the connectors from you. I pretty much have the wiring all run, just need to install the proper connectors and wire loom some wires. I am not in a rush as we just received word that the new track is going to delay it's opening a week or so.

Bob
Bob,

Honestly, I never like to turn away a sale but just run to your local auto parts store and they should have them. I don't want to see you pay a lot on shipping for something you can get locally. Here are the connectors I'm talking about...

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=269&page=1

They are the two little black connectors right above the heater element. There is a male end and a female end and they simply click together just like OEM connectors in your engine bay.

Nick
Old 10-02-2008, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks Nick, I'll do that.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

I had about 2 feet of cable from the ground block and power relay for my old bottle heatersetup. I used a heatshielding cable wrap on the wires also.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:48 PM
10 Second Club

Joey just for the sake of asking. Where did you pick up a ground area in the TUB of your C5? I'm thinking the base of my rollbar but I'm VERY concerned about weakening the bar by drilling even the smallest hole into it.

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5

I had about 2 feet of cable from the ground block and power relay for my old bottle heatersetup. I used a heatshielding cable wrap on the wires also.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

I went through the tubs left side bottom with my stereo's 4 ga ground wire and attached to the factory frame rail ground behind the shock mount about 6".