Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

150 shot??

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 150 shot??

Ok I just installed a 150wet shot on my 04 CTS-V heads/cam set up in sig also new TR6's. Would it be safe to spray with stock injectors and pump? Should I be scared to spray it?

Last edited by Capown; 10-01-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

I would say you're close to the border on the pump. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge you can watch or a wideband? If not, definately get it on a dyno to verify there isn't any pressure drop or any lean conditions. Always better safe than sorry.

Nick
Old 10-01-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
I would say you're close to the border on the pump. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge you can watch or a wideband? If not, definately get it on a dyno to verify there isn't any pressure drop or any lean conditions. Always better safe than sorry.

Nick
dang non of that yet. Im supposed to have some dyno time this weekend maybe I can get it tuned as well.

thanks
Old 10-01-2008, 01:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not start a little lower? start with 100 shot and work your way up.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

do you have the safty shut off switch? if you motor becomes to full of N2O and isent getting enough fuel it will shot your N2O off automaticly. IF this happens and you dont got the safty shut off switch and you have no fuel just wet n2o say good bye to your motor its gonna gernade on you. anything over 100 shot i was told to have the safty switch. there like 70$ on texas-speed.com you may want to look into it 70$ to save your motor if you dont already have one.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Why not start a little lower? start with 100 shot and work your way up.
I thought about it, just gotta pull it apart and swap out the jets. I just didnt think it would make much of a dif.

Originally Posted by Stocktonz28
do you have the safty shut off switch? if you motor becomes to full of N2O and isent getting enough fuel it will shot your N2O off automaticly. IF this happens and you dont got the safty shut off switch and you have no fuel just wet n2o say good bye to your motor its gonna gernade on you. anything over 100 shot i was told to have the safty switch. there like 70$ on texas-speed.com you may want to look into it 70$ to save your motor if you dont already have one.

Yep I got the safety switch already hooked up, thanks
Old 10-01-2008, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Capown
I thought about it, just gotta pull it apart and swap out the jets. I just didnt think it would make much of a dif.

Yep I got the safety switch already hooked up, thanks
lol ok just making shure i know someone who blew up there lt1 like that and a he was up set like that. Now a CTS-V im shure i would cry if i had one and blew the motor. Some pepole do run N2O without them.....my motors not ready for spary yet so no worrys here...
Old 10-02-2008, 09:30 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Capown
dang non of that yet. Im supposed to have some dyno time this weekend maybe I can get it tuned as well.

thanks
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as suggested above, maybe just do a small shot to get you by for the time being.

Nick
Old 10-02-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as suggested above, maybe just do a small shot to get you by for the time being.

Nick
Yeah, the car is still plenty fast but when a stock C5ZO6 gets out on u by a car and holds it its frustrating lol!!! Ill swap the jets and let her eat this weekend thanks. guys
Old 10-02-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I dont know about the stock CTS V fuel pump spec, but I ran out of fuel on a 75shot on my SS with H/C..Good thing I had that FPSS! You do need that fuel pump upgrade I'd say. And its not that bad to do the install too if you ask me.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:03 PM
10 Second Club

125 is the max you want to spray on the ls6, without a upgraded pump. jet it for 125 and call it a day
Old 10-02-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

you need a 255 intank. just mess around with a 75 or 100 shot. Than once you have it swap the jets.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would get a new fuel pump (255lph). Don't worry about the injectors, you'll be fine because you are using a wet kit.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ne1 have a idea on a pump? Im still new to the GM and LS setups.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

uhm, it has been covered in one post: Walbro 225lph or Racetronix kit with hotwire. I wouldnt even spray a 75shot before getting the new pump.
Ask any sponsor in the nitrous section and they'll be more than happy to get a quote on a pump kit. I got mine from Nitrous outlet and those guys are really easy to work with.

Racetronix/hotwire kit is easy to install, top quality and good for 600+rwhp. Everything is included in the kit. Check any sponsor in this list ----------------------------------------------------------------->
Old 10-02-2008, 06:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Every car is different. But the average rull of thumb is about 450-500 HP on the stock pump in that car. If you are going to a do shop ad do not want to install a guage on the car you could see if they have a test gauge you can borrow while tunning. Honestly its not worth pushing it though. Time to upgrade that fuel system so you can continue to feed those ponys.
Dave
Old 10-03-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
uhm, it has been covered in one post: Walbro 225lph or Racetronix kit with hotwire. I wouldnt even spray a 75shot before getting the new pump.
Ask any sponsor in the nitrous section and they'll be more than happy to get a quote on a pump kit. I got mine from Nitrous outlet and those guys are really easy to work with.

Racetronix/hotwire kit is easy to install, top quality and good for 600+rwhp. Everything is included in the kit. Check any sponsor in this list ----------------------------------------------------------------->
Thanks will do

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Every car is different. But the average rull of thumb is about 450-500 HP on the stock pump in that car. If you are going to a do shop ad do not want to install a guage on the car you could see if they have a test gauge you can borrow while tunning. Honestly its not worth pushing it though. Time to upgrade that fuel system so you can continue to feed those ponys.
Dave

Ill hit you up thanks, I'll send ya some pics of your setup in the cadi man it looks good and hella stealth!!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

PM Sent

-Chris