Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best NOS 90 degree wet nozzle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best NOS 90 degree wet nozzle?

The three that I'm aware of are the Fogger, Fogger2, and the Fogger Soft Plume Nozzle (stainless steel). I imagine the Fogger2 is naturally better than the Fogger, but what about between the Fogger2 and the and soft plume nozzle?

I guess I should also add in the zex nozzle in there. Just pretend that theoretically these are the only nozzles to choose from lol. I'm guessing the latest "soft plume" nozzle is the best of the bunch?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

you would be correct to think that. it is supposed to provide superior atomization of the fuel when compared to the others available. this is what Holley/NOS told me. not that the other ones are bad. I have four NOS soft plumes for sale if you are interested.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigsticksupra
you would be correct to think that. it is supposed to provide superior atomization of the fuel when compared to the others available. this is what Holley/NOS told me. not that the other ones are bad. I have four NOS soft plumes for sale if you are interested.
hmm, well I actually just picked up a soft plume tonight, although it was more of a test rather than what i actually wanted to do. after some research and talking to some people i was still thinking of going with either the nx shark or the tnt nozzle. if i can hook up another softplume in conjunction with the one i have though that will allow me more power than i'll ever need so I might be in touch for at least one of those nozzles ;-)
Old 10-02-2008, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

lol my friend did that. you might be able to find it on here. he has four NOS foggers sticking into his bellow. quite amusing...but it did work! haha. I was gonna use one of them for a lil spool up nitrous for my supra but i just ordered a NX shark from nitrousoutlet.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

It will all depend on how much power you are looking to make...NOS does not have a nozzle that will flow more than a .062 jet.

I also don't like max flowing a part so if you are looking to use around that jet size I would use the NX shark, or our 1/8 NPT nozzle.

Or just use 2 NOS nozzles and split the jetting between them.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:49 AM
FormerVendor

Judging by your previous posts, you're looking for something that is in the 200hp range for nozzles, right? Splitting it into two nozzles will work from the solenoid to the nozzle, but please just keep in mind that depending on solenoids it may not be possible to reach that goal. General rule of thumb is that you'll see roughly 70-75% flow through the solenoid. Meaning that a .078" orifice is going to act 25-30% smaller. My whole point is that I would hate to see you spend some money only to realize you'll have to spend more to get you where you need.

Nick
Old 10-02-2008, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
It will all depend on how much power you are looking to make...NOS does not have a nozzle that will flow more than a .062 jet.

I also don't like max flowing a part so if you are looking to use around that jet size I would use the NX shark, or our 1/8 NPT nozzle.

Or just use 2 NOS nozzles and split the jetting between them.
I'd like to run around a 200 shot (200 wheels) i guess depending on the calculator you use that's around a 72 jet with 59psi fuel and 950 n2o?

Yea, i'm not sure if i'll shoot for another NOS nozzle and just put it on the other side of the intake tube, or just pickup a better nozzle like one of the ones you mentioned. I have a little time to consider the options
Old 10-02-2008, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Judging by your previous posts, you're looking for something that is in the 200hp range for nozzles, right? Splitting it into two nozzles will work from the solenoid to the nozzle, but please just keep in mind that depending on solenoids it may not be possible to reach that goal. General rule of thumb is that you'll see roughly 70-75% flow through the solenoid. Meaning that a .078" orifice is going to act 25-30% smaller. My whole point is that I would hate to see you spend some money only to realize you'll have to spend more to get you where you need.

Nick
I hear ya, so as far as HP/flow ratings go, a safe bet would be to expect 70-75% of what a solenoid is suppose to support? i have the NOS Cheater fuel and n2o solenoids. the fuel solenoid is rated at 400, but the n2o 250, so I can see the n2o solenoid being a potential problem. in fact i'm sure it's just keeping up with the 63 jet i'm running right now. it might be the cause of the oscillating noise that i'm getting too, which is another paragraph lol

sometimes it sounds like the exhaust note is oscillating up and down pretty quickly as if it's getting nitrous then it's not, getting nitrous then it's not, getting nitrous then it's not, all very quickly. lol i don't know why i'm describing it, i think you have to hear it