Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Start up Video Twin 76's

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Start up Video Twin 76's

Here you go. All the specs are in the video. Buddy did a real quick job, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUuTzs2NG4
Old 10-09-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet that car spools like a ****!!Any numbers on it yet?
Old 10-09-2008, 08:35 AM
11 Second Club

Nice post up that tuned video asap.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:54 AM
9 Second Club

Look's good. My new 76's will be here today as well! Let us know how they work out for you.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks nice I gather you had to give up air and relocate the alternator obiviously.
I really like the looks and accessabiity of turbos up high they look very intimidating when you pop the hood.I also like the intercooler showing also. Wonder how it will cool with the pusher fans on there?

I am a bit depressed my kit is so stealth with the turbos down low and the intercooler in black and only top neck showing when you open the hood but whatever each setup has its own pluses and minues.I wanted to keep my air and didn't have to relocate anything except for very minor things like different coolant return and windshield washer reservoir.

That car should really be awesome fun.Enjoy your new toy!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I will, I am sending the PCM off to Speed Inc today to get a base tune on it so I can drive it a little to make sure there is nothing that needs be fixed.

Then It is off to Chicago
Old 10-09-2008, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Looks nice I gather you had to give up air and relocate the alternator obiviously.
I really like the looks and accessabiity of turbos up high they look very intimidating when you pop the hood.I also like the intercooler showing also. Wonder how it will cool with the pusher fans on there?

I am a bit depressed my kit is so stealth with the turbos down low and the intercooler in black and only top neck showing when you open the hood but whatever each setup has its own pluses and minues.I wanted to keep my air and didn't have to relocate anything except for very minor things like different coolant return and windshield washer reservoir.

That car should really be awesome fun.Enjoy your new toy!

I am hoping that cooling is not as issue, The fans are rated at 1600 cfm a piece as a puller, and I am not running a thermostat either. Hopefully no problems but only time will tell.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

why no t-stat?
werent you the one that had a thread about how you mounted your IC up? feels like i've seen that car/trailer before lol
Old 10-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Launching!

looks pretty bad ***, good luck with the car.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are some good ideas out there for cooling..lt1 rad for cheap..ron davis maybe for expensive option..
Also saw high volume water pump on ebay for like 150 bucks or the new edelbrock for 400 bucks .I plan on adding some of the above stuff if have any cooling problems on my car. Water wetter from redline can also help. I would for sure be running a therm no therm usually is bad the coolant goes thru too quickly. Restrictor if anything might be better idea but a 160 stat with fans to come on early or fans on all the time the car is running might be better options.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by reject
why no t-stat?
werent you the one that had a thread about how you mounted your IC up? feels like i've seen that car/trailer before lol
No thermostat, because I was told that I could not run one with the aftermarket housing. I bought the straight one from speed inc.

And yes I did post about how I moounted My FMIC a while ago, that was when i put the D1SC on it.

Did not know the trailor was that different.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah on my car i have the peter griffen radiator with a speedinc 160 stat and two proform puller fans and it dosnt over heat. and i live in texas
Old 10-09-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
There are some good ideas out there for cooling..lt1 rad for cheap..ron davis maybe for expensive option..
Also saw high volume water pump on ebay for like 150 bucks or the new edelbrock for 400 bucks .I plan on adding some of the above stuff if have any cooling problems on my car. Water wetter from redline can also help. I would for sure be running a therm no therm usually is bad the coolant goes thru too quickly. Restrictor if anything might be better idea but a 160 stat with fans to come on early or fans on all the time the car is running might be better options.

Thanks I will Def keep that in mind. I have thought about having the fans on all the time put want to try this out first!

Quick Reply: Start up Video Twin 76's