LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Sam Strano a class act!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sam Strano a class act!!!!

Just taking a moment to thank Sam Strano for outstanding customer service. Ordered some front rotors/pads just a few minutes ago from him. After having such great success with my koni/strano set-up. I couldn't help but stay a loyal customer to Sam. Such a knowledgeable individual and down right a class act person.

He deals with so much business daily and I've called him several times in the past and not once has he ever sounded frustrated. If you need anything for suspension, brakes, anything pretty much these days. I'd recommend Sam Strano hands down!!!

Thanks again Sam,
Rob
Old 05-20-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

badass springs for sure i still need to order some shocks and other stuff from him... great service!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

Thanks Robert.....

I can't say I don't have moments of frustration, being a human being and all. Luckily they tend to be few and far between--but they do happen. FWIW, it helps when the customer knows a thing or two about what they want and why. You have, which makes my life a lot easier. My frustration stems from those that call and say "I want my car to to handle better" with no more detail. When I ask questions they can't help me help them. That's when I get frustrated (and I admit it).

Anyway, I appreciate the fact you took the time to make such a statement. It's nice having customers who appreciate what I try and do. Thank you.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Heh. With so many haters, I just assumed the thread title was sarcasm and the thread was going to be bashing. But, glad to see it's not! I'll give it a couple hours for someone to chime in though.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flymybird
I'll give it a couple hours for someone to chime in though.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Old 05-20-2009, 10:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Why???? This is getting really, really old. And some wonder why I can be grumpy.

I'd appreciate it if we could be a little more adult.... Please?

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
And some wonder why I can be grumpy.
I think it's the other way around. You were "grumpy" beforehand which, in return, caused a lot of "hating". At least that was the case with me, but thanks for admitting it.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yer peeps bring it out more than you, Sam.

If you were walking and made an abrupt 90* turn, you'd break half the noses in this forum. It's hilarious sometimes.

For example ... the original poster ...

Not denying Sam's customer service. He's taken care of me and many others over the years meeting goals and making things right.

But a "class act" because he talked with you on the phone? C'mon ... is someone talking with you on the phone for free strange at your place?

Last edited by mitchntx; 05-21-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:38 AM
TECH Regular

I just wanted to Thank Sam too. I just recently bought alot of parts off him along with his springs and koni's. DOnt have all the parts installed yet, but love the ride of the springs and koni's so far. Sam was great to deal with and very helpful in selecting my setting. Sooo, Thanks for all your help Sam.

Clint
Old 05-21-2009, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, here is my two cents. I think there are a lot of great sponsors on here that offer great products and service. Logically most sponsors are here to make a buck. They want their transactions to be as quick and as painless as possible so they will sell you whatever you need or want with little personal input. I am not saying all are this way but many are. They will tell you in some cases what you want is perfect for your needs and desires for your car even though this may be far from the truth.

Sam of course needs to make a buck like any other business but he is also very passionate about his products and business. With this comes the personal interaction he gives his customers which many people like and appreciate. I think when someone is personal and passionate about what they sell it can sometimes make them more sensitive when people criticize or disagree with what fits the application. Most companies don't care, have no personal interest it what they sell you, and therefore may make some feel happier about what they buy since there is no possible disagreements on what is the "best fit items" for their applications. Sam is very knowledgable about what he sells and will give you his opinion on what is best for your needs weather it is what you want to hear or not. He will sometimes be abrupt in how he conveys his opinions and this pisses some people off. He is not willing to just make the sell and move on to the next person. When you have Sam’s approach to things you will get the loyal followers and the haters, just comes with the territory.

Sorry for the long post…just had to give my opinion even though I avoid posting on here much. If this somehow makes me part of the nutswinging bandwagon so be it.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Y
But a "class act" because he talked with you on the phone? C'mon ... is someone talking with you on the phone for free strange at your place?
The reason I say that is bc some sponsors that I have contacted never return phones calls or messages like they say they would. Even after I make an attempt to contact a second time. Excuse me for taking some time to just thank a sponsor that actually has excellent customer service unlike some unwanted companies over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 05-21-2009, 12:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
I think it's the other way around. You were "grumpy" beforehand which, in return, caused a lot of "hating". At least that was the case with me, but thanks for admitting it.
No problem, I can admit when I'm wrong (though it seems others can't). It's news that I have a bad day from time to time, I'm sure you never do. You don't have to like me, and I'm not asking you to. I'm asking you be a bit more adult and a little less like a 10 year old when rolling into threads and posting your little smilies, and then acting like I was the only one on the phone. Could it be, just maybe, you couldn't tell me what you were trying to accomplish? That gets very frustrating when trying to set someone up with something that will work best for them--considering they have no idea what they want. I could be like a lot of other places and blow sunshine up your butt for the quick and easy sale. And frankly I'd have a lot less heartache if I did. But that's not me. And with that comes the possibility of pissing someone off when I won't tell them what they want to hear (or how they want to hear it).

I will not apologize for trying to do my job well, no matter what you think of my personality (which some actually like fwiw).

It's a shame, a damned shame that folks are flamed for being happy with a product or service. I'm not for everyone, and if you as a potential customer can't take a dose of reality or understand I can't read your mind than I suggest you go elsewhere anyway as we'll both be happier.

Thank you my customers, and hopefully this explanation will make new potential customers understand better what I'm about. I'll continue to do my best to give the most accurate relevant information I can--even if it ruffles a feather or two.

Last edited by Sam Strano; 05-21-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Sam for hooking me up with my Koni 4/4's and Strano springs. You were great on the phone and helped me get a great set up. You even talked me out of a few things I wanted but didn't even need.

I've talked to a few sponsers that were a little dissapointing. One called me back a month later asking if I still needed my slave cylinder! Some never call me back at all.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Sorry Sam, never talked with you before. I am sure you are quite the "cool" guy people say you are over the phone. I forgot the question I asked you in a thread a long time ago but the answer was very cocky and arrogant. After that I lost respect for you. And then I started to see a common theme with your responses as I was not the only one feeling this way. It only fed to the way I felt. As far as having bad days, - Yes I do have them but I don't take it out on other people. Maybe I do take it out on people that are close to me but not to strangers that I don't know.

Oh, and instead of taking a step back and looking at the concerns of me and other people, you result to blaming me for your grumpyness. Stating that I "maybe I didn't know what I wanted", basically calling me ignorant. Justify it all you want. Your ego is getting the best of you.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sam Stranos = The Best. we talked about my set up for about 2 hours total and i couldn't be more happy. Thanks Again
Old 05-21-2009, 02:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Sorry Sam, never talked with you before. I am sure you are quite the "cool" guy people say you are over the phone. I forgot the question I asked you in a thread a long time ago but the answer was very cocky and arrogant. After that I lost respect for you. And then I started to see a common theme with your responses as I was not the only one feeling this way. It only fed to the way I felt. As far as having bad days, - Yes I do have them but I don't take it out on other people. Maybe I do take it out on people that are close to me but not to strangers that I don't know.

Oh, and instead of taking a step back and looking at the concerns of me and other people, you result to blaming me for your grumpyness. Stating that I "maybe I didn't know what I wanted", basically calling me ignorant. Justify it all you want. Your ego is getting the best of you.
You haven't even spoken to me! You are taking the word of someone you don't even know (who is in a minority I might add)? And MY ego is inflated?

Well, if I'm going to do the time, might as well do the crime..... The facts here are simple and it's becoming more clear to me you are ignorant. Ignorant does not mean stupid (I don't know you, so can't judge that). Ignorant means that you just don't know, that you are unaware.

In another thread you are willing to change springs, and change to springs that work against your desired result despite a whole lot of folks telling you what you have is better (and a number of whom had both springs). I made the point there and will here as well. You have Koni's you have my springs. You haven't spoken to me, and so apparently did not buy them from me, or if you did, did not take advantage of my willingness to discuss setup with my customers. What you have is something you don't understand because you either bought on price, on the assumption that I'm an ******* (without giving me a chance apparently), or because you think you know more than you do. Which is it?

You have attacked me for trying to help. You don't know me, and you have not even spoken to me. I bet you are solely taking the word of someone else (guessing ATLSS) who I had trouble with because he was in fact one of those folks who could not tell me at all what he wanted beyond the car to "work better". Yeah, that's ignorant.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1toofastlt1
Sam Stranos = The Best. we talked about my set up for about 2 hours total and i couldn't be more happy. Thanks Again

You are very welcome. Thank you!

Old 05-21-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
You haven't even spoken to me! You are taking the word of someone you don't even know (who is in a minority I might add)? And MY ego is inflated?

Well, if I'm going to do the time, might as well do the crime..... The facts here are simple and it's becoming more clear to me you are ignorant. Ignorant does not mean stupid (I don't know you, so can't judge that). Ignorant means that you just don't know, that you are unaware.

In another thread you are willing to change springs, and change to springs that work against your desired result despite a whole lot of folks telling you what you have is better (and a number of whom had both springs). I made the point there and will here as well. You have Koni's you have my springs. You haven't spoken to me, and so apparently did not buy them from me, or if you did, did not take advantage of my willingness to discuss setup with my customers. What you have is something you don't understand because you either bought on price, on the assumption that I'm an ******* (without giving me a chance apparently), or because you think you know more than you do. Which is it?

You have attacked me for trying to help. You don't know me, and you have not even spoken to me. I bet you are solely taking the word of someone else (guessing ATLSS) who I had trouble with because he was in fact one of those folks who could not tell me at all what he wanted beyond the car to "work better". Yeah, that's ignorant.
God, let me explain one more time. I have talked with you. Jus' not over the phone. Like I said, I'm sure you are the "cool" guy people say you are over the phone. I did purchase your springs from you and not off someone else. I called but you weren't there and placed my order with a woman that had picked up. Where my beef with you lies here: I asked you a question and your response was cocky and arrogant - something that I did not expect from a sponsor. All the other sponsor's I've talked with were very professional - and no they didn't suck up to me to get a quick buck off me. Then I thought, "Hmm, maybe it's jus' me." But then I started to see that most of your responses are pretty arrogant.

And again, you try to justify the fact that I don't like your attitude by saying I am going off from what some other member has stated? Again, take a step back and listen to our concerns.

P.S. I know the difference between being ignorant and being stupid - hence, the reason why I chose that word.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you're the **** FWIW!

BTW last night I just happened to stumble into the GMHTP mag with your car on the cover, I read the article again too...good read. haha

Quick Reply: Sam Strano a class act!!!!