LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Not Happy with Midwest Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Happy with Midwest Chassis

I ordered a 8.50 cert Chromoly cage from MWC 10 weeks ago. I was told on the phone it WOULD ship in 6 weeks. This of course was 3 weeks after the GP started. They have made no attempt to contact me on their own to inform me of any excess delays. Which in my opinion is not good customer service especially when now they are over a month late. I called them about 3 weeks ago, to hear that they still hadn't even got around to my cage yet. I figured its all good, tax season orders and all it could be a little late. I was then told that it would be ready to ship early the following week (I called on a Tuesday). That also they would call to let me know the status at the same time. I was supposedly first on the list for the CM cages after the MS ones were done. Well 2 weeks came and went so far with no word, and no parts. Needless to say I'm mildly frustrated due to the fact I'm waiting on this to put the interior of the car back together. I even had vacation time scheduled from 2 months ago for last week, so I would have time to put this in and get the car back together. So major let down there.

Problem 2: Instead of doing the 50% deposit agreed upon on the phone, and according to their ad on here, I was billed the full amount ($925) even though I told them I was paying the deposit.

I'm not sure how many guys got in on the cage deal they were running in March, I know it was enough to get the GP done because they told me on the phone how "slammed" they were with that order.

Am I the only one still waiting or what? Feel free to jump in here if you have received your product or are still waiting.

Here Is a link to a post from them about the cage deal, which I placed my order near the end of March to hopefully make sure the 15 MIN purchase quantity was met. There is also another thread about the same thing actually under Midwest Chassis dated in February.
Here Is a link to a thread with a recent update stating they never got enough commitment. Which I had been told multiple times they did over the phone.

Guess I'll be making another phone call on Monday to get this figured out.

So far, the ONLY positive thing I can say about my experience with them is, the gentlemen that I talked to on the phone was extremely polite.

Last edited by SinisterWS6; 06-08-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:41 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to say but the 15 minimum on the pre-fit chromoly cages did not happen, and therefore the speedy service deal with the CNC bent and laser cut package did not happen, although we are honoring the advertised sale price still for those of you that ordered.

This was a offer extended to the community to get in on a great deal, but in order for us to work with the laser cutter on accurate quotes, order all the materials, do the programming, build the fixtures, and meet the minimum quantity was going to cost a huge amount of money to even get going. I ordered the materials and started the process to get it off the ground, but as it turns out we got more orders for mild steel than chromoly. The process to pre-fit these cages is very labor intensive and now that we cannot do the cnc/laser it is very time consuming doing it the old-fashioned way by hand. We just last week finished up the mild steel orders and started on the chromoly packages, and the orders that were not pre-fit have already shipped out. If you are on the list for a CM pre-fit package it is in the process now, one at a time, by hand, by order date.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Its all fine that you didn't meet a quota to get something off the ground with a manufacturer. I was wrongly informed by your customer service staff, apparently more than once.

I am sure the product fitment and quality will be good (I helped install one of your cages before). But, to be honest, you should consider figuring out a way to better inform your customers of extended product completion dates. Most of us are understanding people (I'm sure you've dealt with some that aren't LOL). All I would of liked to have received was an email stating there would be a few week delay and why.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Update:

So after a mild fiasco with my halo hoop being notched wrong, on a pre-fit roll cage kit, no entirely sure how it even left the shop since its supposed to be "pre fit" before shipping.

After a brief phone call, and waiting 2 weeks for a replacement, it hadn't even been made yet. Good thing I called back to ask where it was. Kevin handled it very well, and replacement hoop left the same day. This was a nice surprise for me. I called back 5 mins later and ordered some hood rails. LOL.

All in all, aside from the wait time, and a wrongly notched halo, the cage fitment and design is very good. Wouldn't hesitate to purchase more products from Eric in the future, and I still am. **** happens, and he stands behind making things right.

Quick Reply: Not Happy with Midwest Chassis