LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Absolute Speed customers... some info I have...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 02:31 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Default Absolute Speed customers... some info I have...

M2 Racing Systems
5140 West Hurley Pond Rd.
Farmingdale, NJ 07727

I have been told that this is who was doing Jay's CNC work, and that they are sitting on a bunch of heads that he has not paid for. You might want to call there, or designate one of you to call the owner and check on this.

The M2 guys are not bad, they might not have any idea of what's going on. So don't scream at them. I hear the owner is a very nice guy.

Hope this info is helpful, let me know what you find out.

ADMIN
Old 05-08-2005, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default M2 Racing

Yes the guys at M2 Racing are good people, and do some great CNC work on the LS1 family of heads. I would call them and see if you can get a good deal on a pair of heads. Jay was having them do all the CNC port and chamber work and just doing the assembly.

Shaun (valvegod@aol.com)
SMC Performance, Inc
Old 05-08-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by valvegod
I would call them and see if you can get a good deal on a pair of heads.
I have a better idea. Why don't we see if they would be willing to cut us a deal as a group to get all of our AS heads out at once.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will call on Monday for those of us on "the list". Ok? Or - we can do a conference call - even inviting Jay to the partyline, too... I definitely suggest that we all don't bombard this place on Monday with phone calls, however....

As a suggestion from an Attorney, one of the things I have been trying to do is figure out what amt is owed by Jay to the CNC shop regarding our outstanding heads. This will now be the easiest method yet. Hopefully, if the amt isn't too insane, perhaps we can work out some sort of deal with M2 & Jay. If we're lucky, we can get our CNC'ed heads released, our parts released, bid Jay farewell, and assemble our heads ourselves with a minimal additional cost. Its a bit of an estimate, but our costs for filing against Jay will be somewhat expensive, and if the amt owed is less than what the suit costs may turn out to be, well then its in our best interests to get the heads and move on.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Old Drag Racer

If we can get our heads released, does anyone still want Jay to had finish them to get what we all already paid for, flow wise? Does anyone still trust him to do that? I'd sure like Jay to be involved in this and, at the very least, admit to all of us what he did with our money other than what he was supposed to do with it.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
If we can get our heads released, does anyone still want Jay to had finish them to get what we all already paid for, flow wise? Does anyone still trust him to do that? I'd sure like Jay to be involved in this and, at the very least, admit to all of us what he did with our money other than what he was supposed to do with it.

No, but only in fear that I pay to get the heads out and give them to him to assemble, and still never see them.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Old Drag Racer

That's kinda my concern as well. I just don't think anyone would have (rhymes with walls) big enough to take the heads and run if we got them out of CNC jail. Anybody know or even have any idea what condition the heads are in once they leave the CNC shop? 02RedHawk, how about finding out the answer to that question and as much more as you can when you talk to the CNC guy. I swear this whole episode is taking ten years off my life.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
That's kinda my concern as well. I just don't think anyone would have (rhymes with walls) big enough to take the heads and run if we got them out of CNC jail.
I don't know about that man. Obviously I'd prefer to have finished ready to go heads, but at this point I'll take what I can get. I don't know that I care if Jay hand finishes or assembles my heads, I just want this over with and I want my heads back.

Originally Posted by 02RedHawk
If we're lucky, we can get our CNC'ed heads released, our parts released, bid Jay farewell, and assemble our heads ourselves with a minimal additional cost. Its a bit of an estimate, but our costs for filing against Jay will be somewhat expensive, and if the amt owed is less than what the suit costs may turn out to be, well then its in our best interests to get the heads and move on.
I'm totally right there with you on this 100%.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I called the CNC shop today - and I also spoke with Jay.

Those of you (us) that have outstanding orders, I'm emailing you shortly. PSJ, I'll copy you.

- Mike
Old 05-09-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

awesome thanks... maybe some good news to a otherwise shitty week. Now that APE is screwing me over as well.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:00 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Got the emails.

Here's a bit shout out to secret santa for that cnc shop info, looks like it was pretty helpful.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke to Jay today as well.
Whatever.
Seems like he is trying to do the right think.

I gave up and TEA is helping us out. Pm me if you are in great need of heads as Brent is doing all he can to help us out here.

Last edited by JZ'sTA; 05-10-2005 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:52 AM
On The Tree

Jay called me also and claims he will take care of all his debt, but will be a while. It's a little late, but I do commend him for finally making the calls. Jay, just remember it can only get better if you face your troubles and work through them. Running and hiding will only make your life hell, and I know you are better than that. God Bless!

Shaun (valvegod@aol.com)
Old 05-11-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by valvegod
Jay called me also and claims he will take care of all his debt, but will be a while. It's a little late, but I do commend him for finally making the calls. Jay, just remember it can only get better if you face your troubles and work through them. Running and hiding will only make your life hell, and I know you are better than that. God Bless!

Shaun (valvegod@aol.com)
Dont worry Jay is not running and hiding. I still relay every single post on here to him. Thats why he called you valvegod. I know Jay will get everyone thier heads. If I were anyone on here waiting for heads I would too do what JZsta is doing. When you get Jays heads you know you will get top dollar for them. Its too bad for all of the APE customers. After Jay heard about them it lit a fire up his *** to try to hurry up and get heads out.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike m
. Its too bad for all of the APE customers. After Jay heard about them it lit a fire up his *** to try to hurry up and get heads out.

I bet that makes the guys that have been waiting for how long.......feel much better.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Mike M,

I've been getting some of the emails from the AS customers, and it sounds like they are going to step up their activity. I think if Jay does not quickly devise a solution they might take this to court and maybe even subpeona the cnc shop. I'm not sure what is going to happen but I think if Jay wants to maintain his relationship with that shop he is going to need to step it up pronto. It's only a matter of time. We are going to create a more detailed sticky this week and it might be used as evidence.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

How about everyone whos waiting for heads starts blowing up Jays phone again. See if he answers. Prostock John have you spoken directly with the Ron at the cnc shop yet? Why dont you call him and ask him if there are any heads near completion for Jay.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:23 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

A few of the AS customers have been talking to M2. There are not enough head cores there to finish all of their orders, I know I have read that in the emails that I get CC'd on.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Old Drag Racer

How about everyone whos waiting for heads starts blowing up Jays phone again.
I'm afraid that will do more harm that good. He'll just turn off the phone and/or change the number so no one will be able to reach him no matter what. Designate one person to call him and try to get word on everybody's stuff. Just my opinion of course.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

You guys have $19,000 in claims based on the sticky.

File on him, a judge will take that figure very seriously.

I don't like how long he's taken to get anything done, I think just Ed received heads all of this year!

Just pay a lawer for the filing fees and then say two hours of their time.

Quick Reply: Absolute Speed customers... some info I have...