LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Speed Inc

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Speed Inc

My name is Felix, I just wanted to share my expirince with Speed Inc. I wanted to have car running for the races by June 11.So I started calling arround and after a month of searching for the best offer, I ended up with Speed Inc and HPE.The deal with HPE was a 408, 12 bolt, drive shaft and other stuff with free shipping, but would take 6 weeks to build engine.Same stuff with speed Inc but would have it ready in 4 weeks and I had to pay for shipping.So I stick with Speed Inc since I wanted to have car ready in time.I called couple of times to check on the process of the engine, and always told me is coming allong.So after the fourth week I gave them a call,and according with chris it was going to take more time maybe week and half.So at the 6 week 2 weeks later I call back,and chris wasnt there so I talk with larry.Larry told me that the engine wasnt done yet it should be done by the end of the week.So I called back a week later again, and larry sarry said that the engine was at the machine shop.That engine had to be at the machine shop 3 weeks ago.

So I told larry and chris after he was back, the only reason I stick with you guys over HPE was because you guy said you would have the engine ready in 4 weeks. they both just said sorry

I wish I could just say I'm sorry can we start the races when my car is finish?

Over all Speed Inc gave me bad customer service and to top things up they stold my money I paid for the shipping ($400)

The up side of speed inc they gave me a good price.But for some people TIME is more important than money
Old 06-12-2005, 12:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are at the mercy of our suppliers. The delivery date we give, is the delivery date we are given. Apparently the machine shop did not deliver as promised, and therefore either did we.

I will inform Tom of your situation.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

You're not alone. Here's a copy of an email I sent to Speed Inc. on Friday 05/27. They have yet to respond w/ any explanation for the BIG inconvenience or for any return procedures as requested. Seems like promising the world and just not delivering is becoming an unfortunate symptom of a very hot(busy) industry...

"RE: Order #10843
Please review this order. At the time I placed this order, I specifically stated that I needed to know if any of these parts were not available for immediate shipping. I needed to have ALL of the parts in hand by Friday 05/27/05 for work over the long weekend. I confirmed w/ someone over the phone that I needed it in hand by Friday and I was assured that there would be no problems. I received notification that a package shipped 2nd day air via UPS on Wednesday 05/25 w/ a scheduled delivery on Friday 05/27. All seemed fine since no one from your shop informed me that the package would not be complete. Now it is Friday 05/27, the day that I am expecting to start on my motor build and swap, and now I find out that a second package is shipping today from your shop w/ and expected delivery date of Wednesday 06/01. Not quite what I requested and was promised. Now since I have not received the first package I do not even know what is going to be on time and what is not. Either way, I will not be able to drive my car out of the borrowed garage this weekend as planned (as needed).

The whole point was to find a shop that could deliver the parts as desired. Yes it was short notice, but if your shop could not do it, it should have clearly said so. I did not pursue other vendors as I thought your shop’s confirmation was sufficient. To promise things so that a customer does not shop elsewhere and then leave that customer hanging is pretty low.

The comments section of my order is pretty clear, “If any of these parts are not available for immediate shipping, please let me know”. I followed up w/ a phone call to your sales department the following day to confirm and make sure everything would be here on time. I really would have liked to know that something was not going to make it. Now I don’t know what I can find locally especially since I was never notified that something would be late. UPS doesn’t come til 4:00pm.

I will be looking for replacement parts locally. IF I am successful in getting what I need, I will be returning the items shipped late. Please let me know what procedures you have for returns. "
Old 06-12-2005, 04:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

that sucks.I clearly told chris that the races started june 11.And as today the engine is still in the way.my order was 2 months ago,I paid at front over $7,000 plus shipping.

If Speed Inc would had told me that the engine would take 8 weeks to shipp.I would had deal with HPE instead.But since were talking about over $7,000 here they tell you just anything

If tom is going to just tell me sorry like the rest.I dont even want to here it,thats not going to help me getting back at the races
Old 06-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by A Mustang's NightMare
that sucks.I clearly told chris that the races started june 11.And as today the engine is still in the way.my order was 2 months ago,I paid at front over $7,000 plus shipping.

If Speed Inc would had told me that the engine would take 8 weeks to shipp.I would had deal with HPE instead.But since were talking about over $7,000 here they tell you just anything

If tom is going to just tell me sorry like the rest.I dont even want to here it,thats not going to help me getting back at the races
Felix, from day one, we told you that it was 4-6 weeks, but we would be at the mercy of the machine shop once they had all of the parts. Since one of the major engine suppliers of this board went out of business, we (and probably most others) have been flooded with engine requests.

Throughout the 6 weeks, we were in constant contact with you, and gave you the current status of your motor at your request.

We wouldnt have ever given you a "hard" date of getting your motor in 4 weeks, NO WAY. We just didnt start selling motors yesterday, and from expirience, we KNOW that this time of year, machine shops are behind, and 4 weeks, easily turns into 6.

As for you still not receiving your motor, it was shipped 2 weeks ago, as I am sure you can confirm with the tracking # that we gave you at that time.

Why dont you tell people how you beat us up on the price of the motor, and the killer deal that you received? Better question yet, why did you wait until the last minute to order something as significant as a motor?

Refuse the motor, and I will be glad to gice you a full refund, just make sure we get the freebies that we included back as well.

TOm
Old 06-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by IslandTahoe
You're not alone. Here's a copy of an email I sent to Speed Inc. on Friday 05/27. They have yet to respond w/ any explanation for the BIG inconvenience or for any return procedures as requested. Seems like promising the world and just not delivering is becoming an unfortunate symptom of a very hot(busy) industry...

"RE: Order #10843
Please review this order. At the time I placed this order, I specifically stated that I needed to know if any of these parts were not available for immediate shipping. I needed to have ALL of the parts in hand by Friday 05/27/05 for work over the long weekend. I confirmed w/ someone over the phone that I needed it in hand by Friday and I was assured that there would be no problems. I received notification that a package shipped 2nd day air via UPS on Wednesday 05/25 w/ a scheduled delivery on Friday 05/27. All seemed fine since no one from your shop informed me that the package would not be complete. Now it is Friday 05/27, the day that I am expecting to start on my motor build and swap, and now I find out that a second package is shipping today from your shop w/ and expected delivery date of Wednesday 06/01. Not quite what I requested and was promised. Now since I have not received the first package I do not even know what is going to be on time and what is not. Either way, I will not be able to drive my car out of the borrowed garage this weekend as planned (as needed).

The whole point was to find a shop that could deliver the parts as desired. Yes it was short notice, but if your shop could not do it, it should have clearly said so. I did not pursue other vendors as I thought your shop’s confirmation was sufficient. To promise things so that a customer does not shop elsewhere and then leave that customer hanging is pretty low.

The comments section of my order is pretty clear, “If any of these parts are not available for immediate shipping, please let me know”. I followed up w/ a phone call to your sales department the following day to confirm and make sure everything would be here on time. I really would have liked to know that something was not going to make it. Now I don’t know what I can find locally especially since I was never notified that something would be late. UPS doesn’t come til 4:00pm.

I will be looking for replacement parts locally. IF I am successful in getting what I need, I will be returning the items shipped late. Please let me know what procedures you have for returns. "
PLease email me your name, and I will get to the bottom of this. If someone pays for 2 day air, they are guaranteed to get their items in 2 business days. If something is out of stock, then we would normally dropship it with the same 2 day guarantee.

Please send to tom@speedinc.com
Old 06-12-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

To be fair, SpeedInc has now responded to my concerns and all issues have been resolved.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

you guys were in contact with me because of me calling you guys.I never heard a call from you guys when engine was in progress.Only when we were working trough the deal.

And what makes you think I would pick you guys over HPE when they would take 6 weeks to build engine WITH FREE SHIPPING.

Chris clearly told me 3-4 weeks thats wy I end up with you guys.DO I MAKE MY SELF CLEAR

That motor was shipped JUNE 3 wich I will recieve tomorrow JUNE 13.thats not 2 weeks thats only 1 week.And I dont have a problem posting the tracking number and company name for any one here to check out to probe you wrong.

And if your going to give me a full refund including shipping cost I will be more than happy to take that offer

At this point I just dont care any more I'm off the races anyways.Thanks to you guys
Old 06-12-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

The up side of speed inc they gave me a good price.But for some people TIME is more important than money[/QUOTE]

did you read this here?
Old 06-12-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

10 days is right in between 1 week and 2 weeks. Don't claim otherwise . It does appear that you two both have some legitamate points. However, I don't think that spamming this forum will help you get your point across any better. Work with Speed Inc to fix this issue, don't just try to butt heads.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
10 days is right in between 1 week and 2 weeks. Don't claim otherwise . It does appear that you two both have some legitamate points. However, I don't think that spamming this forum will help you get your point across any better. Work with Speed Inc to fix this issue, don't just try to butt heads.

I did try allready.I tryed to talk to tom,but employees always told me he was busy.thats wy I ended with this here.

I being a memeber for a while now, never cause any other problems before.I had dealed with many sponsors in this board and never had a problem till know.

hows does a shot to $20,000 sound to you.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Banned

you guys were in contact with me because of me calling you guys.I never heard a call from you guys when engine was in progress.Only when we were working trough the deal.

And what makes you think I would pick you guys over HPE when they would take 6 weeks to build engine WITH FREE SHIPPING.

Chris clearly told me 3-4 weeks thats wy I end up with you guys.DO I MAKE MY SELF CLEAR

That motor was shipped JUNE 3 wich I will recieve tomorrow JUNE 13.thats not 2 weeks thats only 1 week.And I dont have a problem posting the tracking number and company name for any one here to check out to probe you wrong.

And if your going to give me a full refund including shipping cost I will be more than happy to take that offer

At this point I just dont care any more I'm off the races anyways.Thanks to you guys
Just refuse the delivery, and you will not have to pay any freight. When it gets back here, I will credit you 100% assuming you send back ALL the parts including the free items we through in.

There is no way we would guarantee a motor to built with freight to Cali in 3-4 weeks, maybe building it in that frame, but not at your door. We give a range because several things can come up, and in your case, it was Diamond sending us 6 of the correct pistons and 2 that were .010" bigger. This was found after balancing, and during the final assemble. No excuses, but this is a PRIME example of one of the set backs. You are also in Southern California, and truck freight is at least 1 week, in this case 10 days. There is NO WAY we would tell you we could build you a motor in a little over 2 weeks....no way. You think a motor being at the machine shop for 3 weeks (as you said in your earlier post) is a lie, then I can tell this is the first motor you have ever bought.

You are correct, we really didnt have to call you, you called at least 4+ times per week. If you called on our toll free line, I can prove that fact. It isnt a problem for me, customers are welcome to call on that line, that is why we have it, but dont make it sound like we were dodging you, or lying to you.

From my point of view, you haggled and haggled, finally getting it at a KILLER price, answered any of your questions, concerns and updates several times per week at my expense, and your motor was built and shipped within 6 weeks during the prime time of year. If you are truly unhappy, then refuse the motor, send back all the other items, including the freebies, and you will be credit back 100% without paying a cent of shipping.

From your earlier post, you said"If tom is going to just tell me sorry like the rest.I dont even want to here it". Then WHAT do you want from me? A refund, no problem.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Banned

I did try allready.I tryed to talk to tom,but employees always told me he was busy.thats wy I ended with this here.

I being a memeber for a while now, never cause any other problems before.I had dealed with many sponsors in this board and never had a problem till know.

hows does a shot to $20,000 sound to you.
My email is on 100% of the time, even when I am on the phone with other customers/suppliers. You obviously are online and have email capabilities...

I really dont understand your point. Did you make these posts to just complain that the motor was a couple weeks behind (using YOUR timetable)? You dont dispute the price we gave you, and I am sure that you wont dispute the service we gave you each of the many times you called....so I guess I answered my own question.

Tom
Old 06-12-2005, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

For someone to come on here and burn the bridges up with a sponsor is downright cold. I'm not leaning on any particular persons side but I will back Speed Inc up in every possible way. I've been doing business with Speed Inc for a few years now and there have been times where I've been in desperate need for something. I turn to the crew at Speed Inc in these type of situations and they have bent over backwards to help me out every single time. I'll admit...I've had a couple minor issues with Speed Inc. in the past but they have always made it up to me. I plan to do business with Speed Inc many more times in the future.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:31 AM

tom promised me a drive shaft and when the driveshaft company couldnt make the due date he took the driveshaft out of an employes car that was sitting with out a motor and gave to me!!! you cant ask for better service!!

p.s. the employe agreed to it ofcourse

and as far as motor goes i do all my motors through aes and they are propibly one of the best motor builders around , ive been a personal friend of tony(the owner) for years and rode motorcycles with him every weekend for years.... and i'll bet he couldnt even build my motor in less than 2 months! not this tiem of year ......
Old 06-13-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED INC.
My email is on 100% of the time, even when I am on the phone with other customers/suppliers. You obviously are online and have email capabilities...
tom responds to my emails within 5 minutes sometimes. since i work in a corner office with 2 other guys, i cant be calling discussing car parts. tom answers everyone of my 500 questions i present to him daily with no argument and has always been helpful. even when bmr sends him the wrong part in the box thats labeled the right part. haha. great customer service whenever i deal with them.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:34 PM
12 Second Club

I have had great luck with Speed Inc, they always have time to answer my questions and concerns I have, and I mean always. I do most of my stuff through Larry always makes time. My buddy has made the trip from Minnesota to chicago a few times getting motor work done along with tuning and a Nitrous kit the car runs hard and was done when the said it was going to be. My dad was just down there with his WS6 for tuning and the made his car run great and have had no issues with it, got him tuned and on the road in a few hours.

Then your words "time is more important then money" Well if you want a Engine done right you won't rush it, you should have been calling them in Dec for that engine and there would be no issue here. These things take time give them a break. Just look at some of the cars that come out of there and how hard they run I don't think many people will complain.

Dan
Old 06-14-2005, 12:02 PM
8 second mod

man, i have been dealing with speed inc since they opend!! hell, i remeber calling them from there little add in the back of GMHTP in 98/99
i have spent thousands with them now, and i have been treated far since my first order for a skip shift and K+N. lol
i have had very minor issues that are delt with INSTANTLY and fixed asap. but 1 in 20 orders i do may have a minor snag, and owning a busines i know it happens.
hell, i remember one time ordering a funnky custom grind cam from Tom and saying, I need that tommorow by the way!
i'll be damed, it showed up right from Comp.
your missfortune is to bad, but 2 sides to everystory tells me it wasnt all speed incs fault. and its bad to say, but you cant please everyone.
its the next day. did you send it back??
Old 06-14-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noyzee
man, i have been dealing with speed inc since they opend!! hell, i remeber calling them from there little add in the back of GMHTP in 98/99
i have spent thousands with them now, and i have been treated far since my first order for a skip shift and K+N. lol
i have had very minor issues that are delt with INSTANTLY and fixed asap. but 1 in 20 orders i do may have a minor snag, and owning a busines i know it happens.
hell, i remember one time ordering a funnky custom grind cam from Tom and saying, I need that tommorow by the way!
i'll be damed, it showed up right from Comp.
your missfortune is to bad, but 2 sides to everystory tells me it wasnt all speed incs fault. and its bad to say, but you cant please everyone.
its the next day. did you send it back??

he hasnt received it yet, well thats what i was told yesterday donno if he recieved it today...
Old 06-14-2005, 12:17 PM
8 second mod

:
this is why i asked.

Quick Reply: Speed Inc