tuned, by HPE. The car ran great up until about the 25th, when I
got an SES light. I noticed the 20 amp engine sensor fuse (the one
near the driver's side headlight) was blown. I replaced the fuse, and
it blew again. I called HPE, told them about it, and brought the car
in for them to look at. They didn't see anything wrong and
I left with the light still on. So the next day, I have another mechanic
look at it. One of my wires was burned by a header, and the driver's
side 02 sensor connection was pinched against the heat shield. They
fixed it, and so far the car is running fine with no problems. I don't mean to flame or anything because I know this is minor and you guys can't see everything underneath there, but after so many header installs one would think to make sure all wires and such are clear.

Last edited by Cobra Commander; 07-04-2005 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you talked to HPE about this since you've had your car worked on elsewhere?
Old 07-04-2005, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

no
Old 07-04-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

so why did you post up here? what was the point of this thread?
Old 07-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Restricted User

cyphur, do you really think it makes a difference if someone talks to the shop or not, if all they are doing is
a) venting about their experience in a mutually respectful manner

b) sharing their FEEDBACK.

If it were up to you and some others, this section would almost be useless. Give it a break man. He didnt say HPE sucks, or anything like that. He stated what HIS experience is. OMG, he added a caveat at the bottom,

I don't mean to flame or anything because I know this is minor and you guys can't see everything underneath there, but after so many header installs one would think to make sure all wires and such are clear.

Isnt that about a true statement or question? It seems to me, the only Sponsor feedback in here would be
A) Positive! Yep, that seems like the only choice.

FWIW, I do believe in Sponsor, seller, manufacturer contact and resolution, but I also beleive that if you have the issue, there is no need to NOT talk about it if it makes you feel better, in a positive/constructive manner. Just because someone has not contacted the Point of Origin, should not keep them from adding to the forum, in a constructive moderated way of course.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

The thread is for feedback, just like he said. What would be the point in contacting them now? This forum is just as good as a phone call.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

CAT3, I'm not exactly sure what crawled up your *** today, but calm down dude.

If this thread was inappropriate, it would be gone. Its still here.....

I asked b/c there are lots of people who go out and make comments and post stories when, had it been five years ago, they would have talked to the shops more, or, would have dropped the topic entirely. Nowadays, they get online after doing halfassed resolution attemps and get on here and complain about shops.

I agree, this post was not negative, it was just a critique, and I can appreicate the difference. Again, its still here. I have no problem with negative sponsor/member feedback, its generally just as useful(if not more so) than positive. There is just a very fine line when people are upset between negative feedback and flaming. There's lots of keyboard warriors out there.

My above comments are by no means targeted at Cobra Commander, but at people in general.

Cobra Commander, sorry your thread got hijacked, but I have to disagree that this thread is not as good as a phone call. I'll leave it at that, and this thread alone for now. Glad your issue was resolved in the end. Good luck with your car.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

The whole point of posting it here is so that a greater number of people can know. If I'm shopping somewhere, I want as much information as possible on the seller. If everybody kept to themselves, how would we know which places are good and which ones are not?
Old 07-04-2005, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

This thread wasnt warranted,you should have CALLED HPE and discussed/asked them about this.Cyphur was right,you got upset because of a wire not being tied back,which if youre into cars you would have checked their install after you got the car back.No way in hell this is like a phone call.if you had a complaint then you should have voiced it to them,and what'd it take to fix...a ziptie
Old 07-05-2005, 12:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ddnspider
This thread wasnt warranted,you should have CALLED HPE and discussed/asked them about this.Cyphur was right,you got upset because of a wire not being tied back,which if youre into cars you would have checked their install after you got the car back.No way in hell this is like a phone call.if you had a complaint then you should have voiced it to them,and what'd it take to fix...a ziptie
What part of "called HPE, told them about it, and brought the car
in for them to look at" do you not understand?
Old 07-05-2005, 08:16 AM
10 Second Club

the point is if you had a complaint you voice it to them not come on here and start a thread to complain about a wire.and just out of curiosity why didnt you look at their install after they did it?surely you'd have noticed a hanging wire on a header?....or maybe you missed it for the same reason as them...human error.get over it.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:59 PM

If I had a shop work on my car, you can bet your *** that I comment on the work they did regardless what is said in this thread....If you did a great job then fine but if not, BE PREPARED!!!!! Chances are given but if you have to have someone else fix a mistake that another shop made, that's pretty SAD!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:21 PM
10 Second Club

because everyone knows that its worth complaining about a wire and an o2 sensor,even though its bad feedback for a company thats doing huge things right now....im sorry worlds fastest LT1 must not be good enough.Look at what the company is doing for people who are actually getting motors from them.I dont see a need to complain for something as small as wires.And BadZ im pretty sure that after the install YOU would look over it when you got the car back.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Teching In

the point is if you had a complaint you voice it to them not come on here and start a thread to complain about a wire.and just out of curiosity why didnt you look at their install after they did it?surely you'd have noticed a hanging wire on a header?....or maybe you missed it for the same reason as them...human error.get over it.
From my point of view he came on here to give feedback. He went to HPE had work done and is letting us know how it went. You say he should have noticed a wire hanging on the header, or it was human error..if we all accepted human error we would all do our own work! That is why he chose to pay a professional to do it. He is in no way at fault, when he noticed a problem he took it back. When they couldn't fix it he went somewhere else and they did, most likely costing him more money.
This might not be the feedback you wanted to see but it seems like good feedback to me. Its not always good or there is really no point.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:51 PM
10 Second Club

look,all im saying is that he could have done a better job of A) talking to the company that DID the install and B) set up this thread better.gets thats what you get with a newbie.why not do a search on the company and see if others have complaints too before you start a thread like this the you have to know will cause problems.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs up

Hey I own the machine shop inside HPE so I do not work on cars but I will let Chuck of HPE know about this as we need to make sure it doesn't happen again. Obviously no one saw this wire and after the fact someone else did but it was burned already then. Right now Chuck the owner of HPE proper is in NY, NY for the week but I am sending this to his mail as well as telling him myself. Sorry about the time but I only just saw this myself. Sometimes stuff just happens or gets overlooked and it ceratinly shouldn't have so I WILL let them know. Also the phones have been a mess so if you did try to call Cobra you might have had a hard time getting through so sorry about that as well.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by racer7088
Hey I own the machine shop inside HPE so I do not work on cars but I will let Chuck of HPE know about this as we need to make sure it doesn't happen again. Obviously no one saw this wire and after the fact someone else did but it was burned already then. Right now Chuck the owner of HPE proper is in NY, NY for the week but I am sending this to his mail as well as telling him myself. Sorry about the time but I only just saw this myself. Sometimes stuff just happens or gets overlooked and it ceratinly shouldn't have so I WILL let them know. Also the phones have been a mess so if you did try to call Cobra you might have had a hard time getting through so sorry about that as well.
Hurry up and finish my shortblock already

Jon Bellas
Old 07-07-2005, 03:18 PM
10 Second Club

id rather them take an extra week with mine and get it perfect then rush and there be some tiny flaw...
Old 07-07-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

id rather them take an extra week with mine and get it perfect then rush and there be some tiny flaw...
I am busting Erik's *****. I have been patiently waiting since the first payment in April, but I agree on having them get it right the first time. They got swamped when APE screwed everyone! Erik has answered every question in a timely fashion, so big ups to him. I'm actually having them build a second 383 for my boss' 67 Camaro!
Old 07-07-2005, 04:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RealQuick
I am busting Erik's *****. I have been patiently waiting since the first payment in April, but I agree on having them get it right the first time. They got swamped when APE screwed everyone! Erik has answered every question in a timely fashion, so big ups to him. I'm actually having them build a second 383 for my boss' 67 Camaro!
It is going out on Monday!

We are a little swamped right now but everythings going well and we are almost through with some bigger Darton setups as well. they are extremely crazy!

Quick Reply: Hpe